Gambhir's appeal over Test ban rejected

h4te

Guest HariSampath
This is idiotic, now that Srikkanth is the chairman of selectors, he has opened the floodgates for the tamil nadu state team...there are more deserving openers across the country. when will the regional favourism end?
you are the idiot here dude. I have seen Vijay play, over last 3 seasons. Just because Srikkanth is Chairman of selectors, does it mean he shouldn't select anyone from Chennai who has been performing excellently ? Vijay has a great FC record, has a great record for India A in tests, performed very well in recent challenger's trophy , got 580 runs last year in FC too, has got 6-7 hundreds this season in Ranji Onedayers, other games, Ranji etc, even yesterday, he got a 200...so what else you want ? This is just the 2nd cricketer from Chennai to come into the squad, and the FIRST player after Srikkanth took over and you say this is "regionalism"...what nonsense. Show me the record of who you think is a better candidate
you are the idiot here dude. I have seen Vijay play, over last 3 seasons. Just because Srikkanth is Chairman of selectors, does it mean he shouldn't select anyone from Chennai who has been performing excellently ? Vijay has a great FC record, has a great record for India A in tests, performed very well in recent challenger's trophy , got 580 runs last year in FC too, has got 6-7 hundreds this season in Ranji Onedayers, other games, Ranji etc, even yesterday, he got a 200...so what else you want ? This is just the 2nd cricketer from Chennai to come into the squad, and the FIRST player after Srikkanth took over and you say this is "regionalism"...what nonsense. Show me the record of who you think is a better candidate
Look, I enjoy reading your posts but no one will take you seriously here if you start off by calling someone an idiot. Take it from me, I've made that mistake plenty of times!!! :cantstop:
Look, I enjoy reading your posts but no one will take you seriously here if you start off by calling someone an idiot. Take it from me, I've made that mistake plenty of times!!! :cantstop:
you're an idiot...... :yikes: take me seriously! take me seriously!!!!!!!!!

TN has some quality players who deserve a look in. Abhinav Mukund is Vijay's opening partner, debuted last year at the age of 17 or 18 and made 2 hundreds in his first 2 Ranji games. He's just produced a triple ton - and hasn't even made it to 10 games. Vijay did very well in the Challengers as well recently (I remember Pred actually suggesting he could be on the fringe - nice call!) and is also coming off a double ton in the Ranjis. And then there's Balaji, finally playing f/c cricket again. I will be delighted if his ability to swing and seam it hasn't faded with his new action. It's not regionalism when you're picking the good performing players. Good luck to all of these. And hopefully it'll spur on others like Rahane, Rohit and co. to raise their game and try and earn a spot with more hard work.

have u seen him bat..do u know how many runs he had scored..do u atleast know how he performed in the challenger trophy and the NZ A match before that..if the answer to these questions are no then i guess you shd really find everything abt the guy and then post this nonsense
Yeh this guy has been performing pretty well but so have others what about Aakash Chopra, who's been there constantly
Guest HariSampath
yeah ... I must say that I had not even heard his name. The stats seem to be quite good ... has anybody seen him play?
I have been seeing him play past 3 seasons. He is a superb player. He starts out building his innings, plays in the V between midoff and midon for 45 min - 1hr, then takes singles and 2s and opens out with boundaries gets 50, and later he launches into massive sixes ! He can hit a ball a long long way, I have seen him hit towering 120 yard sixers. Seen him launch bowlers like Piyush Chawla and Ojha miles into the stands again and again. He is a batter on the classic style of building an innings and attacking later, and can play long innings and get big scores against quality opposition. In fact I had been quite aggressively championing his cause with whoever I know in cricket circles and media, in Chennai and I had also mentioned him several times on ICF many months back. In fact when he was selected ahead of KKD for south zone, I was gutted, and had spoken to several folks that Vijay should be in SZ team because he is an India prospect. This is what I posted during the Deodhar trophy 8 months back.. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=362041&postcount=32
Excellent innings from Dravid, probably the best limited overs inngs I had seen after his 65 ball 90 in England. Although this was a FC match, the bowling was not all that bad, maybe decent, Ranadeb Bose bowled very well, as did Goswami. SZ were down 2 wkts and with not much support from the other end, Dravid played a lone hand , without Laxman too, and playing at a run-a-ball , kept SZ in the hunt till last 10 minutes. SZ never got close I would say at it was a comfortable 23 run win, and the moment 40+ was needed in 24, I never thought Dravid would get big hits. He was cramped too, and played well. Good win for EZ, I was impressed by Saurabh Tiwary and LR Shukla played very intelligent and aggressive cricket. SZ....DROP KKD , pick Murali Vijay who is in great form with 2 matchwinning 100s in Ranji ODI against strong teams like Hyderabad etc in last one week.
Guest HariSampath
I understand what you mean, but as it was him who first called Srikkanth's decision as "idiotic" and "regional", my reference was just to his viewpoint, which was quite idiotic, without even researching what a player has done, and accusing blindly of regionalism. But I see what you mean, and there was nothing personal intended. As Salil correctly pointed out, if a player has performed tremendously and the chairman of selectors gives him a chance, you cant call that regionalism, ...like I asked, just because Cheeka is chief selector, does it mean players like Badri, Vijay or Ravichandra Ashwin should never perform and get in ? Thats absurd. and to call it regionalism is definitely idiotic.
Guest HariSampath
Yeh this guy has been performing pretty well but so have others what about Aakash Chopra, who's been there constantly
Akash Chopra is not even in the scheme of things, hasn't been in the side for India A, or India bue etc, nothing, and he hasnt been getting runs this season. And he is 31, and its just over. He has zero possibility of playing for India again.

Even if it is perceived as the rough end of the stick for Gambhir, there should be no pulling out of the test. If there are political injustices, then these should be straightened out in that arena and not through the sport. The Indians should just cop it on the chin and carry on against the odds and win the damned series despite it. It will make victory all the more sweet.

Vijays performances have been bloody impressive. Has not got the hype so has slipped under everyones radar. Thank god for selectors who look at everyones performances and not what the media highlights. Avergaes near 50. One of top run scorers in ranji. 2nd top run scorer in challenger games. Top run scorere in A tests against NZ! Very impressive CV. No hype though. Strange:hmmm: