Gambhir's appeal over Test ban rejected

h4te

Cricinfo staff November 4, 2008 Justice Albie Sachs, appointed by the ICC to hear Gautam Gambhir's appeal over his one-Test ban, has upheld the penalty imposed by match referee Chris Broad without conducting a hearing into the matter. The BCCI has refused to accept the decision of the appeals commissioner, and has sent its objection to the ICC. More to follow
WTF IS THIS SH!T??? No hearing? LULZ! :((

Well, the decision has been made and the appeal rejected by Justice Albie Morkel Goldman Sachs...BCCI has to accept the decision and appoint someone in place of Gambhir to open the batting in the 4th test. Best to get on with the cricket and leave all the peripheral politics out of it.

Well, the decision has been made and the appeal rejected by Justice Albie Morkel Goldman Sachs...BCCI has to accept the decision and appoint someone in place of Gambhir to open the batting in the 4th test. Best to get on with the cricket and leave all the peripheral politics out of it.
An appeal is Gambhir's right. Even a convict on a death row has a right to an appeal and a hearing.
Guest HariSampath

Oh dont worry chaps...this is just a ploy to get it further delayed....how can an appeal be rejected without being heard ? They somehow want it dragged on till tomorrow, when it will become too late anyway :D

An appeal is Gambhir's right. Even a convict on a death row has a right to an appeal and a hearing.
Yes, I know...but it seems it has already been exercised. Who knows, by the byzantine and ever-changing ICC laws, it may be that once pleading guilty to a charge, no hearing is required on appeal...just mitigating evidence? I don't know...but at face value, the report seems to be suggesting that due process has been exercised and thus, it would be better and less distracting to the sport if the legal dramas ended before the test.
Guest HariSampath
Gambhir was told of his ban before the third day's play after which he filed an appeal. Under the ICC rules, Gambhir was permitted to play pending the result of the appeal, but with the ban upheld, he is set to miss the final Test in Nagpur, which starts on Thursday. The selectors have called up M Vijay, the Tamil Nadu opener, to join the squad.
Murali Vijay may make his test debut !!!!!! :yay: :yay: fantastic....GO Viju !!!!!!! :yay:

I wish the BCCI would put as much importance into players suport as they do in this whole political nonsense. Watson was wrong and so was Gambhir. The difference being Gambhir had already been fined for a very similar problem with Afridi so in my opinion, Gambhir and other players need to learn this lesson and grow up. The last thing we need is the BCCI stepping in and making excuses for our players. That kind of nonsense only leads to further discipline problems down the road like Pakistan are seeing now with their players because they let them get away with this crap years ago.

Guest HariSampath
I have not seen this guy play before...Hari' date=' can you give us a profile on Vijay?[/quote'] Here are 2 posts from earlier today, that I made from the other thread....in fact I had been keenly watching Murali Vijay for 3 seasons...
In fact the selectors have moved on beyond Jaffer, Chopra et al...Murali Vijay has been coming into the selectors attention over the last season. The opener was tried out in Challenger's trophy , after he had also played for India A. He was 2nd highest scorer in Challengers trophy, coming on top of a great FC season last year. Vijay has also started off the FC games with a unbeaten Ranji 200 yesterday, and may make 300 too, and will be considered seriously soon enough
Yes Murali Vijay would come in soon enough. He is young, 21 and already has 3 seasons of FC behind him, top scored for India A in the "tests" against NZ last month, and scored 580 runs last season and will cross 600 runs easily this season. But he may have to wait a bit...and although he is a terrific player, I cant slot him ahead of Badri, because Badri had done all of the above for many seasons and is certainly waiting list #1.
But Bunny is da man...here is his post....
Actually Murali Vijay is a very good batsman. If I were the selector, I'd take him ahead of Yuvraj, Rohit, Raina, Kohli, Pujara etc. Probably even ahead of Badri.
Bunny for national selector...:two_thumbs_up:

M Vijay has been prolific this season..and i came across an article in Hindu about him where they had mentioned that he has an excellent temperament..infact Vijay had earlier said that it was a dream come true for him, playing for India A so soon coz he had started his cricketing career a bit late..but now i guess he wud be over the moon..his form in the recently concluded challenger trophy has definitely helped and its a good break for him..hope Vijay perfoms well if he does get a chance..

This is idiotic, now that Srikkanth is the chairman of selectors, he has opened the floodgates for the tamil nadu state team...there are more deserving openers across the country. when will the regional favourism end?
have u seen him bat..do u know how many runs he had scored..do u atleast know how he performed in the challenger trophy and the NZ A match before that..if the answer to these questions are no then i guess you shd really find everything abt the guy and then post this nonsense