Gambhir's appeal over Test ban rejected

h4te

Guest HariSampath

I hope so too...and by all accounts from cricket experts , commentators, etc, M Vijay's selection has been hailed as rewarding the deserving performer, his record and credentials are there for all to see. Whether or not he lives up to expectations, we have to see , but there is certainly no regionalism here.

Given that for years despite Badrinath's excellent domestic record ... he kept being overlooked in the Test squad for Yuvraj, Raina, Kaif and then recently Rohit Sharma ... I dont think its fair to complain about regionalism when Vijay (someone with an excellent record) gets selected.

oh ' date=' tk did you see Vijay bat today ? and did you hear what Gavaskar, Shastri, Border and Chappell had to say about his batting ?[/quote'] For a debutant playing such an important match, he looked brilliant. As Shastri mentioned on commentary, this isn’t probably the pitch to judge his batting merits but all the basic compulsory ingredients are there; Composure, good running between the wickets, assured calling, not being carried away by the Sehwag show on the other end. I am impressed! P.S: When he leaves the ball outside off-stump, he does look like Wasim Jaffer a lot.