Pakistan ban Mohammad Yousuf

TaNk

So' date= if he has a chance to do, he will do it again? Contrast this to Shane Bond. He could easily shifted to IPL. That way, not only does he get the money, he could have also played for NZ. But because he signed up for ICL first, he honored his contract.
yeah Bond was really treated like dirt on the door mat and thats why he doesn't want to play for NZ ever again even if the ban is lifted.

It's payback time Yousuf, says PCB 11/6/2008 1:34:34 PM A day after Mohammad Yousuf signed up with the Indian Cricket League, the Pakistan Cricket Board made it clear that the middle-order batsman should now be prepared to payback the money which the Board spent on his legal tussle with the rebel league. "I think the Board has spent around fifty to sixty million rupees on compensating Yousuf for dropping his contract with the ICL and in fighting his legal battle against the ICL," a senior official said. "The way he kept the Board in dark about his plans to rejoin the ICL and quietly fly off to India, he should now be prepared to payback the money we invested in him. "If he doesn't payback the money he owes us, he should be prepared to be sued for damages in court," the official added. He made it clear that the Board would show no leniency towards the senior batsman who joined ICL yesterday, two days after being named in Pakistan squad for the one-day series against the West Indies in Abu Dhabi. http://http://timesnow.tv/Newsdtls.aspx?NewsID=20273 Yousuf had signed up for the ICL last year but was persuaded by the PCB to drop the contract and continue playing for Pakistan. Former PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf used several methods to pressurise Yousuf so as to break his contract with the ICL, including assurances of an Indian Premier League contract, special monetary benefits for returning the ICL signing amount and assurance that PCB would bear costs for his legal tussle. Former PCB chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi has confirmed that the Board had spent around eighty million in Yousuf's legal battle with the ICL. "Yes, the PCB did spend a lot of money around eighty million on Yousuf including bonuses given for not playing the ICL. And I think the Board now has every right to claim that money back," Naghmi said

Press Trust Of India Karachi, November 07, 2008 First Published: 11:35 IST(7/11/2008) Last Updated: 11:39 IST(7/11/2008) Banned batsman Mohammad Yousuf on Friday said the attitude of Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik towards him and the shabby treatment by the cricket board and national selectors had compelled him to join the 'rebel' Indian Cricket League (ICL). "I was compelled to join the ICL because of the behaviour of the board officials, the selectors and captain Shoaib Malik," Yousuf told 'Geo News' channel from India. Yousuf was named in Pakistan's squad for the series in Abu Dhabi from November 12 but flew off to India without informing the cricket board and rejoined the ICL. As a result he was banned by the PCB from playing for or in Pakistan. "For the last one and half years I have been under great mental stress and torture because I have been given no respect in the team," Yousuf said. He said the impression that he had joined the ICL because he was greedy for money was completely wrong. "That is not the case at all because if I had just wanted money I was getting this even without playing in any league." Yousuf said for him playing for Pakistan had always been his dream and priority. "Even today I am available for my country but it is upto the board to decide they want me to play or not. But now I am committed to play for the ICL as well," he added. It is no secret that Yousuf has not got along well with Malik since the latter was made captain last year after the World Cup. Former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has also said that senior players had complained to him about Malik and has advised the current skipper to change his attitude and improve his communication skills with players.