Pakistan ban Mohammad Yousuf

TaNk

Mohammad Yousuf, the Pakistan batsman, has formally signed up for the ICL, ending months of uncertainty surrounding his move. The announcement brought a swift response from the Pakistan Cricket Board, which banned him from "any type of cricket" in Pakistan and terminated his central contract. "I have decided to sign for ICL," Yousuf - who will play for Lahore Badshahs - said in New Delhi. "There was a misunderstanding with the ICL. I was misguided and confused and not able to take a decision earlier." He also expressed a wish to continue representing the Pakistan national team. "See, I want to continue playing for Pakistan and the ICL authorities also have no problem with that," he said. He was included in a 15-man squad to take on West Indies in three ODIs later this month, and the PCB will name a replacement, most likely to be Karachi batsman Khalid Latif. However, the PCB's decision will have put paid to that. "Yousuf will remain banned from playing any type of cricket in Pakistan as he has joined the unrecognised Indian Cricket League," Zakir Khan, PCB's director of operations, told Cricinfo. "His central contract has also been cancelled." Yousuf had initially signed up with the league in September 2007, in protest at being axed from Pakistan's squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa. He was later lured out of playing in the ICL by the Pakistan board, with the promise of a lucrative contract in the IPL. But the ICL took the matter to an arbitration court in Mumbai, arguing that as Yousuf had signed up with them, he was ineligible to play for any other league. A stay order was passed against Yousuf's participation in the IPL, though an appeal was later filed by the PCB on Yousuf's behalf in the Bombay High Court. ICL officials said their legal wrangle with Yousuf has been sorted out and they will file a joint statement in court. "We have resolved matters mutually," Himanshu Mody, ICL's business head, said. That isn't necessarily the end of Yousuf's legal headaches. The Pakistan board, said Zakir, is looking into recouping "the legal costs we incurred in fighting Yousuf's case earlier." IPL officials, meanwhile, said they will look at legal options against Yousuf's latest move because they had already paid a significant sum of money as advance to Yousuf. But Mody said that Yousuf's association with the IPL would not be an issue because "there is no contract and no payment made".

how much $$$ is he gonna get from ICL? He is not making much playing for PCB
Yousuf is earning top pay from PCB but I think his real reason to join ICL is the tableegh. These tableeghi jamaats wants them to go for 40 days chillas & later 6 months chillas to preach Islam all around country. Yousuf can play ICL for 4 weeks and earn top $$$ and then fulfill his religious duties. But if he joins IPL, he also needs to play for Pak whole year since Modi has said he will not allow players to leave national teams and come to IPL.

Oh well.... does this end here or is he again going to make a flip again? Won't be surprised if he switches his loyalty back to Pakistan when they will have their own Twenty20. I think it is high time ICC and the cricket boards should let these guys participating in ICL to play for their country. Firstly it was Bond that gave up on international cricket and now it's Yousuf. Two quality cricketers lost to wilderness. Not a good thing for cricket.

Oh well.... does this end here or is he again going to make a flip again? Won't be surprised if he switches his loyalty back to Pakistan when they will have their own Twenty20. I think it is high time ICC and the cricket boards should let these guys participating in ICL to play for their country. Firstly it was Bond that gave up on international cricket and now it's Yousuf. Two quality cricketers lost to wilderness. Not a good thing for cricket.
NZ, PAK,BAN and SA have lost their top domestic performers as well and are banned from domestic cricket as well. In Pakistan the players who stayed in domestic cricket are now making literally 100 times less than their ex team mates who joined ICL. ENG and WI players didn't go because of that Stanford thing.

I am fine with cricketers shunning their national team colors to play for private leagues. After all, beyond all the glamor and fuss of 'patriotism and playing for your country', every individual has a right to address his own personal interests and thats exactly what Yousuf has done. Ultimately, what matters is number of zeroes that come after the first digit, in the available balance of your bank account. What I do have a problem with is, how Yousuf has ridiculously flip-flopped between one league and the other. First, he shunned ICL for IPL. Then, he did the exact opposite. Whats the guarantee he wont do it again? Yousuf is so like a Mercenary.

I am fine with cricketers shunning their national team colors to play for private leagues. After all, beyond all the glamor and fuss of 'patriotism and playing for your country', every individual has a right to address his own personal interests and thats exactly what Yousuf has done. Ultimately, what matters is number of zeroes that come after the first digit, in the available balance of your bank account. What I do have a problem with is, how Yousuf has ridiculously flip-flopped between one league and the other. First, he shunned ICL for IPL. Then, he did the exact opposite. Whats the guarantee he wont do it again? Yousuf is so like a Mercenary.
DNA has resigned and Ejaz Butt won't make any false promises like a guaranteed spot in IPL. Having said Yousuf has certainly lost a lot of respect in every one's eyes.
Silly move from him' date=' what a batsman, [b']the best batsman Pak have (or maybe ever had)
Javed Miandad is the best Pakistan ever had in Tests. In ODIs there are a few who were brilliant such as Zaheer Abbas, Miandad again, and even Saeed Anwar. All these guys rank above Mohammad Yousuf in my opinion. He is hands down their best over the past few years ... but not of all time.
Javed Miandad is the best Pakistan ever had in Tests. In ODIs there are a few who were brilliant such as Zaheer Abbas' date=' Miandad again, and even Saeed Anwar. All these guys rank above Mohammad Yousuf in my opinion. He is hands down their best over the past few years ... but not of all time.[/quote'] Agree about me and dad but YK has been better over the last 12-18 months. He has made a ton or a big score in almost all of PAK's recent ODIs including the tri series final earlier this year.
DNA has resigned and Ejaz Butt won't make any false promises like a guaranteed spot in IPL. Having said Yousuf has certainly lost a lot of respect in every one's eyes.
So, if he has a chance to do, he will do it again? Contrast this to Shane Bond. He could easily shifted to IPL. That way, not only does he get the money, he could have also played for NZ. But because he signed up for ICL first, he honored his contract.
So, if he has a chance to do, he will do it again? Contrast this to Shane Bond. He could easily shifted to IPL. That way, not only does he get the money, he could have also played for NZ. But because he signed up for ICL first, he honored his contract. What I am questioning is Yousuf's intent/attitude. It does not look good.