If this one's a draw, it's the 3rd of the series

King

I can't recall so many drawn test matches in a 4 test match series. If this one ends in a draw it'll be a shame. How can the public be enticed to watch test cricket if after 5 days of cricket the results are not even remotely possible? Certainly the weather has been decent enough in India to produce better wickets don't you think? Bangalore wicket was flat as was Delhi. This pitch doesn't look any good for the faster bowlers and the pitch isn't quick enough for the spinners. Despite the 8 wickets Jason got this pitch is still not the best for bowling. Well fought drawn test matches once a series sounds fine but match after match the test matches are going to end in a draw it isn't a good proposition.

Really? If these are weak bowling sides, then I shudder to think what a strong bowling attack would look like.
Inability to take 20 wickets in two drawn tests.. ?? we only showed some teeth in 2nd test.. otherwise it wasnt any extra-ordinary performance by any side..
Inability to take 20 wickets in two drawn tests.. ?? we only showed some teeth in 2nd test.. otherwise it wasnt any extra-ordinary performance by any side..
These are good tracks to bat on and the batting sides have been strong. And you yourself have said how we did take 20 wickets in the second test. That pitch and conditions offered reverse swing, so our bowlers were effective. The other pitches didnt offer help, the bowlers from both sides faltered.
These are good tracks to bat on and the batting sides have been strong. And you yourself have said how we did take 20 wickets in the second test. That pitch and conditions offered reverse swing, so our bowlers were effective. The other pitches didnt offer help, the bowlers from both sides faltered.
but but strong bowling line up should be able to take 20 wickets, given enough time in hand, on any pitch... i bet warnie and mcgrath would have made difference.. and those two would have made ozzie line up 'strong'

Agree Ravi. Never thought I would see a *boring* test series between Ind and Aus after the last series in Australia. I think is due to our inability to produce good wickets. This has been very poor advertisement for test cricket. Also, Australia's tactics have been rather bizzare too. They are not in fighting mood at al.