Final Test, Final Day: Day 5 Predictions

Final Test, Final Day: Day 5 Predictions  

1. 1.

• Aussies chase down the target and level the series 1-1
    • India bowl out the Aussies to win 2-0
    • Match ends in a DRAW
    • Match ends in a TIE

I'm just hoping for a result and not a draw. India are favourites but Aussies have a little chance. Maybe they can do it and if they can then they fully deserve to be called no.1 test match side in the world. I'm hoping for India to win this test match and challenge Australia for the top spot in test cricket.
I don't think India are the number 1 test side even if the win 2-0. Who's the 3/4 fast bowler? We don't have an test all rounder and will be blooding in two new players in Badri/Vijay to replace Dravid and Ganguly. It's a side in transition and with Ganguly/Dravid gone for the England series it will be interesting to see how they handle the new guys. But more than that, India are average in the field, they don't drive home the advantage when on top (apart from Mohali), not to mention are notoriously slow starters in a series. There's more than enough questions there, but I do think we're becoming a better side.

India has a bad habit of not closing out when it matters- remember the really weak England team and we were leading 1-0 but let them win at Bombay. Even in this match the way things have gone we have repeatedly faile dto shut the door. Pakis were on the floor when Kamran Akmal was able to draw the test. and Aussies won after our miracle victory at Calcutta. I think Aussies will pull up a miracle win because we failed to score 40-50 more runs that wud have shut the door on them

This is what is the real concern here. There is a win possibility for Aus' date=' we need to shut it in First Session of play day-5![/quote'] Statistically yes. But historically (in India) and practically. HUGE NO. See 8-1 field till lunch tommorow. Ensure the series win and then go for the test win. Don;t care about the battle, but aim to win the war.
Hopefully what you suggest above works out. I do think Aus have the firepower to launch into an attack against our bowling. If Hayden stays beyond lunch, then its tricky. Get that little big weed out early
But 369 on D1 on a pitch like this (D5 pitch) is a huge ask. Don;t worry, India can never lose it. Aus can draw it realistically. They have the fire-power to sustain 90 overs on this pitch.