Final Test, Final Day: Day 5 Predictions

Final Test, Final Day: Day 5 Predictions  

1. 1.

• Aussies chase down the target and level the series 1-1
    • India bowl out the Aussies to win 2-0
    • Match ends in a DRAW
    • Match ends in a TIE

does anyone feel that Aus can actually chase this down?
I don't know what is the reason behind people's pessimism. Chasing 369 in 90 overs is a really tough ask. If Australia employs aggressive tactics then Dhoni will be forced to use defensive tactics once more. Bowlers have to be disciplined in this innings though.

Hard fought draw for indians. we wont bowl more than 86 overs. there will be more defensive tactics but if Hayden or Ponting bat, they will come down the wicket, Dhoni would have to stand close to stumps for Zak. Harbhajan has to flight the ball to extract more turn and bounce, like Krazja. After Mohali,Amit Mishra has not really pulled his weight, may be the aussies have sorted him out.

And you are the only one here to realize it. There were days when flab 4 used to play and others would cr-ap around. Atleast now flab-4 are failing' date=' others like Sehwag, Dhoni,Bhajji are itching in a win. It's about time for others to chime in, anyway.[/quote'] c_r where is my 10000$ :D
I don't know what is the reason behind people's pessimism. Chasing 369 in 90 overs is a really tough ask. If Australia employs aggressive tactics then Dhoni will be forced to use defensive tactics once more. Bowlers have to be disciplined in this innings though.
The bowlers have been disciplined. Sharma, Zaheer, Sehwag and the full time spinners have done very well. It's more the fielding, especially catching at the slips that has been horrible. I understand misfielding at times when guys are just throwing their bodies around in the field but the catches that have been dropped by guys like Laxman, Dravid, and Tendulkar at times have been poor and time and time again allowed Australia in the game. It's going to be such a boost for the bowlers when younger, athletic guys like Badrinath/Vijay etc replace Dravid and Ganguly because our fast bowlers deserve more help from the catchers.

I'm just hoping for a result and not a draw. India are favourites but Aussies have a little chance. Maybe they can do it and if they can then they fully deserve to be called no.1 test match side in the world. I'm hoping for India to win this test match and challenge Australia for the top spot in test cricket.

My prediction is India will win easy. It's a slow, low wicket that's taking spin and Dhoni has already shown he's not afraid of bowling to a 7/8 man field because our fast bowlers have been so accurate. Hayden/Ponting will be the danger men as these guys can score at a high rate. None of the other guys can do it. Katich is a decent player, Hussey is a grafter and not Sehwag and Clark has had an average tour. There's really nobody in the Aussi side apart from Hayden/Ponting that are capable of plundering runs and Ponting hasn't been in that kind of form.