BCCI better than CA

While the test team did one up on the Aus team in the series, BCCI also rectified the mistake that CA did earlier this year. At the end of the ceremony in Adelaide, they didn't invite B and G, who were commentating at the moment on the stage. They definitely ignored G because of his comments during maakigate, Sydney, etc. BCCI got the two greats on stage and gave them their moment in the sun, the name of the series which is named after all, after them.

I agree. It was shocking to see Gavaskar in a studio in the ground, even while Allan Border was handing over the Border-Gavakar trophy, in the presentation ceremony. That snub was so obvious that no one could have missed it. India have shown to be magnanimous hosts by inviting Border too, which is probably the right thing to do. On the flip-side, I can understand why CA did, what they did. Gavaskar has been so publicly anti-Aussie, not just in commentary, but even in the media too. I doubt if any of the Aussie players, past or present, are in even talking terms with him, which is why it was surprising to see guys like Border and Julian cordially share the commentary box with him. I am sure they all must be seething on the inside.