Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

Yes, it is petty minded, which shows you how petty they really are. However, to pay such a person and what they say too much importance is to be silly...what they say is of little importance and it is better to ignore it like one would a petulant child than to overreact (like booting them from IPL teams) and give them a false sense of self-importance.

Yes' date=' it is petty minded, which shows you how petty they really are. However, to pay such a person and what they say too much importance is to be silly...what they say is of little importance and it is better to ignore it like one would a petulant child than to overreact (like booting them from IPL teams) and give them a false sense of self-importance.[/quote'] No, they should boot him out citing his bad form in India. Don;t mention the stuid comments to him.
Hayden yesterday strongly stood by his captain Ponting following his controversial decision to surrender the initiative in the fourth Test against India in a bid to avoid suspension for a slow over-rate. "Often we find ourselves waiting with hands on hips for someone to face up or someone on the sight board to move away or some of those little frustrations happening with Third World countries," Hayden said. "Ricky is an absolute bloody champion and he has won right across the globe in his reign in his captaincy.
Although I do find that statement insulting as an Indian I will also not spend a minute arguing on the issue. For two reasons: a) This is something that powers that be, both in BCCI and CA, needs to take care of and NOT an average fan. b) I would like to see the response of "fans" from Mumbai, Mohali, Bangalore who choose to be completely indifferent when NO International games are held in backwaters of Bihar, Orrissa, Assam etc but keep piling on the games at Wankhedes and Chidambaram stadiums. Please feel free to defend your "third world" setups when you never bother to bestow the same favour on other areas of your nation. xxxx
Although I do find that statement insulting as an Indian I will also not spend a minute arguing on the issue. For two reasons: a) This is something that powers that be, both in BCCI and CA, needs to take care of and NOT an average fan. b) I would like to see the response of "fans" from Mumbai, Mohali, Bangalore who choose to be completely indifferent when NO International games are held in backwaters of Bihar, Orrissa, Assam etc but keep piling on the games at Wankhedes and Chidambaram stadiums. Please feel free to defend your "third world" setups when you never bother to bestow the same favour on other areas of your nation. xxxx
What can "fans" from big cities do to make BCCI play in smaller centers? That is something, as you put it, the powers that be, in BCCI, needs to take care of.
What can "fans" from big cities do to make BCCI play in smaller centers? That is something' date=' as you put it, the powers that be, in BCCI, needs to take care of.[/quote'] My cynical response to that should be - why should I pitch fork with "helpless" fans then? The more measured response would be Indian fans cease to look beyond Mohalis and Mumbais simply because as a race we are always keen to put forth our "best" infront of visitors. Who wants a foreign team to take the air flight to Ranchi and then take a 3 hour drive to Jamshedpur, of course the same team is more than happy when they have to travel the same distance via bus in England. In my 20 plus years of cricket watching India is YET to play in Patna. Even against paploo team like Zimbabwe(I doubt Zimbabwe has better facilities than India). Let that sink in a bit. As Orwell, I beleive, said it - Some Animals are more equal than others. So yeah please feel free to defend your 3rd world set-up when you (not you personally) can not bestow the same to your own countrymen.
My cynical response to that should be - why should I pitch fork with "helpless" fans then? The more measured response would be Indian fans cease to look beyond Mohalis and Mumbais simply because as a race we are always keen to put forth our "best" infront of visitors. Who wants a foreign team to take the air flight to Ranchi and then take a 3 hour drive to Jamshedpur, of course the same team is more than happy when they have to travel the same distance via bus in England. In my 20 plus years of cricket watching India is YET to play in Patna. Even against paploo team like Zimbabwe(I doubt Zimbabwe has better facilities than India). Let that sink in a bit. As Orwell, I beleive, said it - Some Animals are more equal than others. So yeah please feel free to defend your 3rd world set-up when you (not you personally) can not bestow the same to your own countrymen.
I am not denying that India is still a 3rd world country. We are not discussing that here. But Hayden to say it when complaining about overrate is pathetic and downright racist. Making a mockery of one's economic state after losing to them in sport is how a ten-year old will react. It is shocking it is coming from a 37 year old, supposed to be the oldest gentlemen in Australian team.
I am not denying that India is still a 3rd world country. We are not discussing that here.
And I am actually discussing that here. If you want to treat certain areas of your country as 3rd rate then be prepared to have a foreigner use the same logic against you.
But Hayden to say it when complaining about overrate is pathetic and downright racist. Making a mockery of one's economic state after losing to them in sport is how a ten-year old will react. It is shocking it is coming from a 37 year old, supposed to be the oldest gentlemen in Australian team.
Thats something that BCCI and CA should take up with Hayden. Its been a while since anyone chided India about being a 3rd world nation and I would like Hayden to be grilled, not by fans but authorities, as to what was meant here.
Can somebody tell this mofo that our 60 year old third world country just sent its space craft to moon while his first world country citizens were busy whining about their defeat. :isalute:
Maybe someone should tell you that Aussies perhaps consider their lifestyle, social levels of poverty and equitable society higher than having a third world nation of ignorance, chaos and terrorism while doing meaningless chest-thumping missions to the moon.
5000 years of history being ridiculed by 300 years of tainted convict history. Losig to India is irky to him' date=' it gives us immense pleasure to know that. Sore loser.[/quote'] 5000 years of history is in the past. In the present, Aussies have a successful society, with very low poverty, very happy nation ( ie, they arnt trying to blow each other up like Indians or seceede- they are happy as a nation) and far greater social equality and responsibility than this so-called 'civilization' of 5000 years. Maybe the 5000 year old civilization needs to re-civilize itself ?? In the present, we are far behind the Aussies. As far as taint goes, you will find that Indians have killed far more indians - in warfare or genocide - than Aussies have done to themselves.