Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

Sorry Lurks - total bouncer ! not sure how it got hayden to bihar but nevermind
I frankly dont expect you to understand Rajeev. Just as sure as I am of the fact not one Mumbaikar has ever asked as to how Sachin tendulkar spent 20 plus years in International arena without playing a single game in Bihar(same with Sunny etc etc if you wanna go backwards). The answer of course spouted is infrastructure, or lack thereof. And as I mentioned in the very first post, I will let a Mumbaikar defend his "infrastructure" dignity when he has never bestowed the same to his own countrymen. xxx

Lurker, So, are you saying Mumbaikar can only defend if they do something to contribute to Bihar? Who says so? and why in the world is Mumbaikar or any other city/state to be held responsible to make sure Bihar has infrastrucure, has matches etc etc!? If Patna invests in infrastructure and campaigns to host a match, credit to it. But just saying Mumbaikar (or replace with other city) needs to be held responsible is just a whimsical stmt

I frankly dont expect you to understand Rajeev. Just as sure as I am of the fact not one Mumbaikar has ever asked as to how Sachin tendulkar spent 20 plus years in International arena without playing a single game in Bihar(same with Sunny etc etc if you wanna go backwards). The answer of course spouted is infrastructure, or lack thereof. And as I mentioned in the very first post, I will let a Mumbaikar defend his "infrastructure" dignity when he has never bestowed the same to his own countrymen. xxx
OK, does Bihar ( or patna ) even have a cricket ground? if yes, not sure why we haven't played any matches there. I am not typically aware of all the grounds actually I am not going to defend anything, I just couldn't pick he logic of Haydens comment to our internal complications which was put forth by this bihar/mumbaikar comparison P.S Why only a Mumbaikar? Why not Delhi'ite or any other metro. Is this about the Thackeray stuff? which is apparently the hot issue

BCCI flays Hayden for ‘third world’ remark The BCCI reacted strongly to Matthew Hayden's comment about India being a 'third world' country, saying such a remark was totally uncalled for. More... BCCI flays Hayden for ‘third world’ remark Press Trust Of India New Delhi, November 14, 2008 First Published: 23:37 IST(14/11/2008) Last Updated: 23:56 IST(14/11/2008) The BCCI reacted strongly to Matthew Hayden's comment about India being a 'third world' country, saying such a remark was totally uncalled for. Back home after the 2-0 series defeat, Hayden spoke about, what he perceived, poor ground conditions and inordinate delays during the matches “that happen in Third World countries.” Not to take it lying down, BCCI Finance Committee Chairman Rajiv Shukla lashed out at the Aussie. “This was a completely uncalled for remark by him. A player of his stature should not have made the comment,” Shukla said. “If slow-over rate is your habit, why blame India for that and call India third world?” Shukla said. Hayden made a list of things which he felt resulted in Australia’s slow over-rates in the series against India. “They (opposition batsmen) are very difficult to get to face up,” Hayden said. “Often we find ourselves with hands on hips waiting for someone to either face up or someone in the sightboard to move away; all the little frustrations that happen in Third World countries and the heat as well,” he added. " It's not just us in international cricket that seems to struggle with it for whatever reason," Hayden said.

Well boycott and england have never played in Newcastle. Why don't you rant about that and how unfair it is. India is a massive country, its impossible to play everywere. The stadiums, infastructure are not good enough in some places. You focus on what a knob hayden is, instead of as usual looking for opportunities to continue your anti india rants
Guest HariSampath

This is a pretty straightforward issue; Hayden was referring to the issue of time being wasted due to people moving in front of the sightscreen, the time it takes to adjust it, and the heat in the subcontinent, all of which he claims contributed to the slow over rate. IF Hayden had referred to India as a "third world country" in a derogatory sense, its certainly cheap. If he had offered that as an excuse for their 0-2 loss, then its whining, but I am not sure he did it that way. The facts are that in India people DO move in front of the sightscreen as the ball is bowled. Groundstaff do take their time in adjusting sightscreen ; and India IS a hot country and fast bowlers not used to the conditions will take lots of time to complete overs. If any of you have observed closely , the sightscreen issue does not happen in countries like Australia, NZ, England etc. There is a certain lack of awareness among Indian people when it comes to obstructing proceedings and doing their own thing, people in the west are generally better aware. This arises from a basic attitude in our societies that tends towards disregarding the rights of others, and a civic sense that is pretty low. For those of us who have lived long years in the west, this is no surprise. You just need to compare the traffic in India and elsewhere. Folks here will stop their car in the middle of the road and bargain with the vegetable vendor with NO thought whatsoever to the pile up behind them, can this happen in USA or Germany ? No. This was the crux of the matter that Hayden was referring to, the public consciousness of people in our cultures. We see "bandhs" everywhere in India, and for some godforsaken caste fighting for reservation, supported by some godforsaken political party, the whole city has to stop and all our activities suspended, even Ambulances taking critically injured or dying people wont be allowed to pass through, we see it everyday in India and read about it eveyrday. But if Hayden was offering it as an excuse, its pathetic. As an international cricketer, he is expected to deal with such things and get on with the game. On the same note I would like to ask Hayden about the standard of accommodation he gets while in India. India's luxury hotels are perhaps the finest. The Omni Shoreham in Washington DC, or The Willard dont even come close to the standards of a Maurya in Delhi , Taj Coromandel, or any of the top Luxury chains like Sheraton. Even the Hyatt, or the Marriott groups in the West, dont compare to the Indian Luxury hotels, this is a publicly acknowledged fact by most Western dignitaries visiting India, including cricketers, sportsmen, movie stars etc. Incidentally, on the subject of heat, maybe the heat doesnt affect Hayden when he plays for Chennai; one of the hotter and more humid cities in India...is it the dollars ? ;-) Indians can also argue its difficult to play cricket in Australia or England, with nude people running on to the field every now and then, eggs being hurled on the faces of off spinners who Australia cant face, cricket players being accused of shoplifting, shoes being checked for 0.0001 gram of mud at airports, these things which are way OTT, Indians can claim , distract them from cricket. Also, being asked to play cricket in a steady drizzle in manchester, in biting cold where its not possible to keep the hands out of pockets even when fielding at slips etc, these are all real incidents that cricketers have encountered. But we dont offer those as excuses. Having said all that, India IS a country whose governments, administration, people are all less tuned to public conduct and respect laws and others' rights, far lesser than in the West, a fact that none of us can or should deny.

Guest HariSampath
Man...why is there so much regionalism in India...
Because there are so many regions and so many languages in India, and people speaking those languages in those regions tend to strongly identify with that, happily encouraged by politicians, and it leads to a situation of "Us versus Them " everywhere.
Guest HariSampath
I am not used to the other regionalism yet and a new one pops on the list.
Ever been to Utah ? :--D "Our Jesus is better than your Jesus" :haha: In Mississippi , outstate folks are "foreigners" Mid West begins south of Port Washington bridge. Have you seen how local people are in USA ? Politicians running for congress or senate, never fail to mention " I was born in this city, went to school across 7th avenue, shopped in Main street, attended the local state college, worked in my own community"...blah blah....people in USA are very conscious of identity , even to a county level. in the UK, everyone knows about how Yorkshire men look upon "others"...how Welshmen do, etc. Regional attachment is not new to India , but here language differences, and a hate attitude takes it to new lows.
Guest HariSampath
It is very easy to say these things when you have population of Delhi + Mumbai while you hog large chunk of earth by oppressing aborigines. What makes you think that moon mission is meaningless ? You sound like another whiner.
I too think the moon mission is meaningless, in fact it is hardly any achievement. Science and technology are of no use unless they better the standard of living for our people. With 830 million people in India living on less than Rs 20 per day, its a tragedy of unprecedented proportions , and that being given lesser importance over some friggin machine being sent to some friggin body of clod which is the moon, is as useless as it gets. As someone here pointed out ( think it was CC), why buy a tuxedo with half your savings when there is a family starving in your home. If the same resources, money, time etc were spent on providing some other facility to rural poor ( I am not against technology, but against stupid useless ventures), or to provide internet facility for the rural folks to get educated, or to get medical help, I can understand. But to spend it on some stupid "moon mission" saying it will either advance our understanding of space/universe etc is plain foolishness, in fact it is a scam by the Department of space and the Govt in skimming off millions under the pretext of "research and science"
OK, does Bihar ( or patna ) even have a cricket ground? if yes, not sure why we haven't played any matches there. I am not typically aware of all the grounds actually I am not going to defend anything, I just couldn't pick he logic of Haydens comment to our internal complications which was put forth by this bihar/mumbaikar comparison
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/ground/58373.html Moin-ul-haq stadium used to host domestic games pretty regularly(Sunny Gavaskar never bothered to turn up though) and has hosted SL-Zim-Ken-BD. India of course is yet to play, even against the minnows. And yes none of the current cricketing greats have shown up either.
P.S Why only a Mumbaikar? Why not Delhi'ite or any other metro. Is this about the Thackeray stuff? which is apparently the hot issue
Have already mentioned how a Mohalian is no different. I mean you seriously think Cricketics knows about Moin Ul Haq stadium? Or that Arvinda De Silva has scored a half century there but Sachin(or Sehwag) has never set foot there?? In your experience of online world, which I suspect would be half a decade plus, when was the last time you read an article about why states like Bihar should be given more exposure to hosting games?? Yep thought so. The icing on the cake of course is that Rest of the country remains shamelessly oblivious to cricket in Bihar, and if a Bihari raises the issue he is a regionalist. Life's beautiful! xxx
Guest HariSampath
Hari, Good to see you back. What was all this talk about you having the same IP as Cheeka and all that?
Yes, I had indeed had posted under the ID Cheeka, just for fun :--D In fact I had emailed finey here before that too, and even addressed my first post as "Cheeka" to finey, and I was amazed to even be taken seriously and "interviewed" by a few :hysterical: The facts are I was banned for some days by someone or other for no reason,without even the courtesy of a message, and so just for fun, I took the ID of Cheeka. The funniest thing was some "IT and tech savvy" lords and masters of ICF were actually chest thumping at having "caught me" and even started threads on this :hysterical: and even funnier, were actually advising me to get "tech savvy" :giggle: I can lay a 10-1 bet here that those who so advised me arent anywhere close to being in Hitech as I am. But the point was I hadnt even worried about "getting caught", and was no way trying to avoid being detected These "tech savvy " lords and masters of ICF then went on to wonder whether Krish Srikkanth really came to ICF last year to chat with folks here. Apparently HariSampath=Cheeka means HariSampath=KrishSrikkanth....no logic whatsoever....and nomention of whether those two IP addresses were same. Also mention of the fact that Srikkanth had spoekn by phone to MM here,he had emailed Varun and someone else from his own email at Krish Cricket, which also he used to register at ICF. These logical factors completely escaped the tech savvy ICF lords. Now you know the truth.

Akram attacks Hayden for his comments about India Matthew Hayden's comment about India being a "third world" country came in for a scathing attack from former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram who said the Australians have a habit of bad-mouthing their opponents whenever they lose. More... Akram attacks Hayden for his comments about India New Delhi, Nov 15 (PTI) Matthew Hayden's comment about India being a "third world" country came in for a scathing attack from former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram who said the Australians have a habit of bad-mouthing their opponents whenever they lose. Akram said the Aussies were "sore losers" and that Hayden should have known that India was now hundred years ahead of Australia "which is no more than a village". "The thing about the Aussies is that they are sore losers. They get personal when they get beaten. It is all a matter of sour grapes and after going home, they've started calling India a third-world country", Akram told ESPN Mobile from Karachi. "India is a superpower now; it is a hundred years ahead of Australia, which is no more than a village, as compared to India. You don't blame sightscreens for poor over rates. Even Allan Border was critical of Australian tactics on the pitch," Akram said. Akram's stinging reaction came a day after the BCCI reacted strongly to Hayden's remark, saying such a comment about India was totally uncalled for from the Australian opener. Back home after the 2-0 series defeat, Hayden spoke about, what he perceived, poor ground conditions and inordinate delays during the matches "that happen in Third World countries". PTI

^^ Thats plain dumb Hari. For starters it not only affects the credibility of Hari Sampath but also ICF. Unless you expect members to be smart enough to know when Cheeka becomes Hari and vice versa. To compound the problems members, myself included, will have doubts about Sreekanth and our very own Sriram and Varun. Now if you can not do anything good for someone/website why do cr@p?? And I am putting it mildly. This was simply a dumb act mate.