Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

Guest HariSampath
Well, far from me to court controversy...but I must ask in all fairness...when people were calling the Srikkanth interview into doubt, how come these facts were not disclosed
Unless you expect members to be smart enough to know when Cheeka becomes Hari and vice versa. To compound the problems members, myself included, will have doubts about Sreekanth and our very own Sriram and Varun.
cochise, Lurks....within hours of seeing what confusion had been caused , and also the fact the original Srikkanth interview was doubted , as well as the credibility of MM, Varun etc, I wrote a detailed message to the site admin , explaining everything I had done above, and even told them that in the interests of MM, varun and also other members here who had chatted with Srikkanth who shouldnt think they had been fooled, my message should be posted on ICF. But unfortunately it wasnt done, and so, if at all anyone is intellectually dishonest it is the ICF lords, and those who didnt post my message on ICF and issue the clarification I had given. had that been done by those who presumably care for ICF's credibility, there would have been no confusuion. As I had asked, why were all these points I had mentioned ignored, and if STILL the original Srikkanth interview was questioned...obviously some ppl here had hidden motives.
The icing on the cake of course is that Rest of the country remains shamelessly oblivious to cricket in Bihar' date=' and if a Bihari raises the issue he is a regionalist. Life's beautiful![/quote'] Hardly even regionalist. Most other East Zoners ignored Bihar for a long time. Saba Karim's issue w/ selection was that he performed outstandingly for Jharkhand for a long time, but never got selected even for his zonal squad. The zonal selectors from Bengal wouldn't bother travelling to Bihar to see him, and on the off occasions when he got a game in Calcutta, he didn't make runs. As a result Indian cricket missed him in his prime, thanks to the selectors writing off Jharkand completely, and picking mostly Bengalis plus a few other players who performed well against Bengal when in Calcutta (which I believe is how SS Das got picked). Between 1989 and 93/94 he never averaged under 45 with the bat in any season. In fact he only averaged below 60 in TWO seasons (where his average touched 45 and 50ish). Of course these were all performances for Jharkhand, so considered irrelevant. After that point he switched to Bengal. Within a year he was on the BP XI fringe, within two years he was in the ODI squad, and even in his mid 30s, he got to play test cricket thanks to the power of being one of the few guys in a Bengal lineup who could perform. God only knows what might have been had he been playing for Bengal 5-6 years earlier than he eventually did, as he was in his prime then and could have been a major addition to the ODI and test teams. Huzzah for such close minded approaches to selection.
Guest HariSampath

Lalu Yadav being involved with Bihar cricket has been quite powerful. In fact he even managed to get his son , some pappu player, some kind of a junior award and had been pushing for him to play for India A

Guest HariSampath

MS Dhoni has been from Bihar, Ranchi and no one can say Bihar has suffered or players havent been able to come up. If a Dhoni can happen from ranchi, anything can happen from anywhere.

^^ In the end, how was my "prank" any worse than Rahul Dravid IDs or Yograj Singh IDs ? in fact we had an article on the front page of ICF by our own "Rahul Dravid" for a long time...isnt that misleading to visitors ? and when people assume its Dravid of India, is that adding to ICF's reputation or credibility ?
My question to u is do I pretend to be RD?
Hardly even regionalist. Most other East Zoners ignored Bihar for a long time. Saba Karim's issue w/ selection was that he performed outstandingly for Jharkhand for a long time, but never got selected even for his zonal squad. The zonal selectors from Bengal wouldn't bother travelling to Bihar to see him, and on the off occasions when he got a game in Calcutta, he didn't make runs. As a result Indian cricket missed him in his prime, thanks to the selectors writing off Jharkand completely, and picking mostly Bengalis plus a few other players who performed well against Bengal when in Calcutta (which I believe is how SS Das got picked). Between 1989 and 93/94 he never averaged under 45 with the bat in any season. In fact he only averaged below 60 in TWO seasons (where his average touched 45 and 50ish). Of course these were all performances for Jharkhand, so considered irrelevant. After that point he switched to Bengal. Within a year he was on the BP XI fringe, within two years he was in the ODI squad, and even in his mid 30s, he got to play test cricket thanks to the power of being one of the few guys in a Bengal lineup who could perform. God only knows what might have been had he been playing for Bengal 5-6 years earlier than he eventually did, as he was in his prime then and could have been a major addition to the ODI and test teams. Huzzah for such close minded approaches to selection.
Selecting players basis on zonal bias is completely different to what I am suggesting here Salil, and that is Bihari cricket fans have as much right to watch their "National" icons in action as any other state wallah. For someone like Sachin tendulkar who has played 417 Limited overs, 150 plus tests and close to 500 plus First class games(a grand total of 1000 or so) how alarming, nay shameful, is it that he has not played a single game in the state??? Add Kumble, Dravid, laxman, Sehwag yada yada and you can do the maths. So yes my question remains as to why the rest of Indians are completely oblivious of the fact. Of the modern greats only Ganguly has showed up in Bihar(not to mention Dhoni who played for Bihar). xxxx
"India is a superpower now; it is a hundred years ahead of Australia, which is no more than a village, as compared to India. You don't blame sightscreens for poor over rates. Even Allan Border was critical of Australian tactics on the pitch," Akram said.
:yay: Akram does the job for us. No need for our players to bad mouth Aussies now. Is that Kaloree1 money speaking:giggle:
So why are you picking on Mohali and talking about 5000 years of Bihar's history? What is the link here? Do you mean to say that Bihar hasnt been able to build a decent stadium in 5000 years? If you want a game in Bihar' date=' go build a proper stadium there, protest to the BCCI.:winky:[/quote'] You wont understand it, so lets just leave it there.
Guest HariSampath
Selecting players basis on zonal bias is completely different to what I am suggesting here Salil, and that is Bihari cricket fans have as much right to watch their "National" icons in action as any other state wallah. For someone like Sachin tendulkar who has played 417 Limited overs, 150 plus tests and close to 500 plus First class games(a grand total of 1000 or so) how alarming, nay shameful, is it that he has not played a single game in the state??? Add Kumble, Dravid, laxman, Sehwag yada yada and you can do the maths. So yes my question remains as to why the rest of Indians are completely oblivious of the fact. Of the modern greats only Ganguly has showed up in Bihar(not to mention Dhoni who played for Bihar). xxxx
Patna and Jamshedpur have hosted more ODIs over the last 20 years than places like Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal, Meghalaya or other states......so why do you have any complaint ONLY for Bihar ? India has 40+ centers that have hosted ODIs over the last 20 years...can you show me ANY International test playing nation to even come close ? No this is no valid argument. At least if you had argued on behalf of really rural areas of India( in all states) where there is a huge following and no cricket games, I can understand, like saying " allot 3 games exclusively to non city centers in all states" but "Bihar ignored by Sachin et al" holds no water. In fact Bihar has got more ODIs allotted to it than perhaps Haryana, or Kerala or Orissa, but you are not taking up the cause of any state other than Bihar, and this.....to me , is an example of regionalism Moreover you need to consider various factors that go towards hostting a game. Accommodation..air travel, stadium infrastructure, crowd capacity ( how many can actually pay 5000 bucks for a game to see it)...etc...so effectively the argument that Bihar has been "ignored" is destroyed when seen in the light of facts.
You wont understand it' date=' so lets just leave it there.[/quote'] Arre, its all politics. Because of Rajeev Shukla, there has been a test match and ODI in Kanpur in the last 12 months and there will be another ODI in a week. There was a match in Rajkot because of Niranjan Shah. And of course there's Lalit Modi, and because of him, matches have regularly taken place in Jaipur. If a Bihari gets a high position in the BCCI, i can bet u anything that matches will take place in Patna.
Patna and Jamshedpur have hosted more ODIs over the last 20 years than places like Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal, Meghalaya or other states......so why do you have any complaint ONLY for Bihar ? India has 40+ centers that have hosted ODIs over the last 20 years...can you show me ANY International test playing nation to even come close ? No this is no valid argument. At least if you had argued on behalf of really rural areas of India( in all states) where there is a huge following and no cricket games, I can understand, like saying " allot 3 games exclusively to non city centers in all states" but "Bihar ignored by Sachin et al" holds no water. In fact Bihar has got more ODIs allotted to it than perhaps Haryana, or Kerala or Orissa, but you are not taking up the cause of any state other than Bihar, and this.....to me , is an example of regionalism Moreover you need to consider various factors that go towards hostting a game. Accommodation..air travel, stadium infrastructure, crowd capacity ( how many can actually pay 5000 bucks for a game to see it)...etc...so effectively the argument that Bihar has been "ignored" is destroyed when seen in the light of facts.
I think Patna was only an example from Lurker. But I think this is not the thread for the topic. But Lurker, I have read all your responses but I'm wondering how the cricketers could escape playing at a ground if the team was scheduled to play at that place (when you say SMG didn't play there).