Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

Patna and Jamshedpur have hosted more ODIs over the last 20 years than places like Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal, Meghalaya or other states......so why do you have any complaint ONLY for Bihar ?
Because I am not a spokeperson for the entire country. Simple. The states you mention have long been neglected, and I would recommend you read some of my posts on how rest of the country knows absolutely little about North East. So I dont see why I should keep repeating myself all over again. Secondly the population of Bihar is probably more than entire North Eastern states. Heck Patna would be more populous than entire Meghalaya so not sure whats your point is really.
India has 40+ centers that have hosted ODIs over the last 20 years...can you show me ANY International test playing nation to even come close ?
So your point is??? That since India keeps piling multiple centers in states(Mumbai has 3 stadiums, Gujrat probably 4), it makes total sense NOT to pass cricket to other parts of the country??? Why should I, and I speak for myself here, as a Bihari be happy that 40 centers across India hosted ODI when Indian team itself NEVER played a single game in Bihar? Why would I even entertain that ridiculous idea???
No this is no valid argument. At least if you had argued on behalf of really rural areas of India( in all states) where there is a huge following and no cricket games, I can understand, like saying " allot 3 games exclusively to non city centers in all states" but "Bihar ignored by Sachin et al" holds no water. In fact Bihar has got more ODIs allotted to it than perhaps Haryana, or Kerala or Orissa, but you are not taking up the cause of any state other than Bihar, and this.....to me , is an example of regionalism
Read up my response. I am NOT a spokesman for the nation. I am picking up the cause of Bihar since the rest of nation never did(When was the last time YOU spoke about cricket in Bihar by the way). Why should I fight for the "rural" areas?? Let every state fights its own battles, its anyway long time coming considering how certain pockets of influence hold a stronghold on cricket in India.
Moreover you need to consider various factors that go towards hostting a game. Accommodation..air travel, stadium infrastructure, crowd capacity ( how many can actually pay 5000 bucks for a game to see it)...etc...so effectively the argument that Bihar has been "ignored" is destroyed when seen in the light of facts.
So that explains why Sri Lanka can play in Patna but not Sachin?? Are you drunk on ignorance or just try to act that way? xxx
Arre, its all politics. Because of Rajeev Shukla, there has been a test match and ODI in Kanpur in the last 12 months and there will be another ODI in a week. There was a match in Rajkot because of Niranjan Shah. And of course there's Lalit Modi, and because of him, matches have regularly taken place in Jaipur. If a Bihari gets a high position in the BCCI, i can bet u anything that matches will take place in Patna.
Bingo! So let Gujjus and Marathis fight with Hayden over infrastructure, or lack thereof. I have little "interest" in it. Now please fight with Aussies WITHOUT invoking 5000 year old history of "India". Yeah 5000 year old history for Mumbai...my a%$. xxx

I agree with Lurker here, it is unfair that Bihar is not getting any matches. I don't know much about Bihar, but im guessing they're cricket crazy like the rest of India, so why should they not be provided the chance to see their team play. And especially since other places have more than one ground and Bihar is not given one

Lurker, What happened to you? Its puzzling that you are making these regionalistic and parochial comments. Calm down. (I dont mean to attack you or anything, but its puzzling that you are broad minded in many things, but so narrow when you come to talking abt states in India) You say "I speak for myself here, as a Bihari " - why do you speak as a Bihari and not as an Indian? Therein lies the problem if you think about it. Cricket matches need infrastructure, and facilities, roads to get there, accomodation, travel etc etc - not just a playing field - but cricket seems to be besides the point in the posts here.

Guest HariSampath

Lurks....you have lost it.....give it a rest....

So your point is??? That since India keeps piling multiple centers in states(Mumbai has 3 stadiums, Gujrat probably 4), it makes total sense NOT to pass cricket to other parts of the country??? Why should I, and I speak for myself here, as a Bihari be happy that 40 centers across India hosted ODI when Indian team itself NEVER played a single game in Bihar? Why would I even entertain that ridiculous idea???
If you are a Genuine Bihari.....and are aware that Patna AND Jamshedpur are in Bihar.....and IF you care for facts, you will know your statement that India has never played a SINGLE game in Bihar is a juvenile joke....so grow up Lurks.....learn a bit about facts, before posting garbage
Guest HariSampath
I agree with Lurker here' date=' it is unfair that Bihar is not getting any matches. I don't know much about Bihar, but im guessing they're cricket crazy like the rest of India, so why should they not be provided the chance to see their team play. And especially since other places have more than one ground and Bihar is not given one[/quote'] Bihar has 3 grounds, and one major Indian superstar, Dhoni....and plenty more ODIs than other states.....so check facts first....for a change...
Guest HariSampath

^....thats a political divide of recent times.....Bihar and Jharkand have been same from a cricket point, for last 20 years....just as UP and Uttaranchal have been

http://cricket.expressindia.com/news/India-100-yrs-ahead-of-Australia-Hayden-told/386141/ India 100 yrs ahead of Australia, Hayden told Agencies Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 2007 hrs IST Print EmailTo Editor New Delhi, November 15:: Matthew Hayden's comment about India being a "third world" country came in for a scathing attack from former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram who said the Australians have a habit of bad-mouthing their opponents whenever they lose. Akram said the Aussies were "sore losers" and that Hayden should have known that India was now hundred years ahead of Australia "which is no more than a village". "The thing about the Aussies is that they are sore losers. They get personal when they get beaten. It is all a matter of sour grapes and after going home, they've started calling India a third-world country", said Akram. "India is a superpower now; it is a hundred years ahead of Australia, which is no more than a village, as compared to India. You don't blame sightscreens for poor over rates. Even Allan Border was critical of Australian tactics on the pitch," Akram said. Akram's stinging reaction came a day after the BCCI reacted strongly to Hayden's remark, saying such a comment about India was totally uncalled for from the Australian opener. Back home after the 2-0 series defeat, Hayden spoke about, what he perceived, poor ground conditions and inordinate delays during the matches "that happen in Third World countries". "This was a completely uncalled for remark by him. A player of his stature should not have made the comment," BCCI's Finance Committee Chairman Rajiv Shukla had said on Friday. "If slow-over rate is your habit, why blame India for that and call India third world? We are a very prestigious nation and it was not a nice comment by him," Shukla said. Hayden made a list of things which he felt resulted in Australia's slow over-rates in the series against India. He alleged the Indian batsmen were reluctant to "face up" quickly enough and there was constant movement around sightscreens. "They (opposition batsmen) are very difficult to get to face up," Hayden said. "Often we find ourselves with hands on hips waiting for someone to either face up or someone in the sightboard to move away; all the little frustrations that happen in Third World countries and the heat as well," he added.
If you are a Genuine Bihari.....and are aware that Patna AND Jamshedpur are in Bihar.....and IF you care for facts, you will know your statement that India has never played a SINGLE game in Bihar is a juvenile joke....so grow up Lurks.....learn a bit about facts, before posting garbage
Correction. Jamshedpur is NOT in Bihar anymore, so maybe you should brush up your geography before you teach others. As for my comment about Bihar not getting a SINGLE game, how is that juvinile?? The last time I checked Bihar had a population much larger than any other state, except UP and Maharastra. And this is after partition of Bihar-Jharkhand. Before that it has always been 2nd most populous state of the country. So to question how the 2nd largest state, a state with more population than Australia/England/South Africa etc, has NEVER hosted a SINGLE game involving India is juvinile?? Or should I castigate you as one of those pseudo-nationalist who know little about their own country and expect India to begin and end at Wankhede and Chidambaram. xxx
^....thats a political divide of recent times.....Bihar and Jharkand have been same from a cricket point' date= for last 20 years....just as UP and Uttaranchal have been
Not really seeing as the infrastructure is in Jharkhand. Heck, the Bihar team was even re-named Jharkhand when the split took place. Now that should not be the case because like Lurker said, Bihar is the 3rd biggest state in India in terms of pop.
Lurker, What happened to you? Its puzzling that you are making these regionalistic and parochial comments. Calm down. (I dont mean to attack you or anything, but its puzzling that you are broad minded in many things, but so narrow when you come to talking abt states in India) You say "I speak for myself here, as a Bihari " - why do you speak as a Bihari and not as an Indian? Therein lies the problem if you think about it. Cricket matches need infrastructure, and facilities, roads to get there, accomodation, travel etc etc - not just a playing field - but cricket seems to be besides the point in the posts here.
I thought I had already made this clear. When rest of the country does NOT speak about hosting a game in Bihar what is a Bihari supposed to do? Suck it up? I find it alarmingly startling that rest of the country is completely oblivious to the fact that Bihar has NOT hosted a single game involving Sachin, Kumble and what have you. People who are quick to say Hayden takes things for granted, life is easy in Australia etc etc, refuse to beleive they themselves suffer from the sama atitude in life. It is not that I am asking the World Cup final to be in Bihar, or to have an India-Australia test match. But hey why is it such a bad request to see Indian greats in action? Why is that such a "regionalist" question? To me that is as genuine a question that can be raised. Atleast I make it abundantly clear I speak for myself, and not the region or state. It is only a matter of time before a Laloo Yadav will pick the issue and then go all divisive on the issue. Maybe as a nation we do deserve that sometime. xxx
Guest HariSampath
Correction. Jamshedpur is NOT in Bihar anymore, so maybe you should brush up your geography before you teach others. As for my comment about Bihar not getting a SINGLE game, how is that juvinile?? The last time I checked Bihar had a population much larger than any other state, except UP and Maharastra. And this is after partition of Bihar-Jharkhand. Before that it has always been 2nd most populous state of the country. So to question how the 2nd largest state, a state with more population than Australia/England/South Africa etc, has NEVER hosted a SINGLE game involving India is juvinile?? Or should I castigate you as one of those pseudo-nationalist who know little about their own country and expect India to begin and end at Wankhede and Chidambaram. xxx
It IS juvenile....because past 25 years....check how many ODIs have been played in the STATE OF BIHAR...and try to justify your claim that NOT EVEN ONE has taken place.....when several ODIs were played in Jamshedpur...it was STILL Bihar. 10 ODIs have been played in Jamshedpur between 1983 to 2006, and India played in 9 of them ...not even to mention Ranchi, or Patna ( 4 more ODIs) etc....so your claim that no ODI has been played in Bihar itself is atrociously false and patently juvenile. Argument closed.
Guest HariSampath
Lurks is right. Bihar should get a game. Time for BuCCI BAKWAS to do something about it. This is a national team....not a money team. They need to tour the WHOLE country...not only the money centers.
Bihar has Got 14 ODIs dude...over the past 25 years...even major test centers havent got it....
It IS juvenile....because past 25 years....check how many ODIs have been played in the STATE OF BIHAR...and try to justify your claim that NOT EVEN ONE has taken place.....when several ODIs were played in Jamshedpur...it was STILL Bihar. 10 ODIs have been played in Jamshedpur between 1983 to 2006, and India played in 9 of them ...not even to mention Ranchi, or Patna ( 4 more ODIs) etc....so your claim that no ODI has been played in Bihar itself is atrociously false and patently juvenile. Argument closed.
Phir wahi murge ki ek taang? Bhai saheb Bihar and Jharkhand split in last millenium. Will you wake up a decade after that??? :giggle::giggle: At best your argument can be about a "united" Bihar(which doesnt exist). At worse you simply refuse to understand that modern day Bihar has not hosted a single game involving India(it has hosted SL, BD, Zim, Kenya). So thats that. Hope that helps.