Aussies wrote Books while we Prepared: Bhaji

talksport

In other words, he is a panzy - he lacks in guts but loves to chat like he has limitless courage. Which is what p!sses me off the msot about him. I hope he learnt a thing or two about guts from Krezja.
This hyped line that bowling with flight = being brave and having guts doesn't make much sense. It just means that you are willing to concede runs if the batsman is good enough, to get wickets. But the batsman is hitting the ball with his bat, not your head...so all this guts talk is a bit rich. It's has more to do with how much you are willing to have your bowling carted around i.e. your pride and ego, more than anything else. I can undestand the analogy with guts...but it shouldn't be taken too far to become exact. The media generate all kind of funny ideas in peoples minds....and they repeat the same.
This hyped line that bowling with flight = being brave and having guts doesn't make much sense. It just means that you are willing to concede runs if the batsman is good enough' date= to get wickets. But the batsman is hitting the ball with his bat, not your head...so all this guts talk is a bit rich. It's has more to do with how much you are willing to have your bowling carted around i.e. your pride and ego, more than anything else. I can undestand the analogy with guts...but it shouldn't be taken too far to become exact. The media generate all kind of funny ideas in peoples minds....and they repeat the same.
When you bowl with more flight , if you can get the ball to drop on the batsman, you can generate impressive bounce that can make it very difficult for a batsman to commit to either a front or back foot movement. Furthermore, slowing down your pace enables you to get greater turn which is important for an off-spinner. Harbhajan has historically bowled his best when he flights the ball and lets it rip rather than bowling at 95 kmh right into the batsmans pads. He needs to work on varying his pace when he the batsman go after him.
Err..NO Top 10 simply means at the current time you are in the top 10 - it doesnt factor for the relative lack of quality of bowlers in the world today or that in the 90s there were a lot of quality bowlers. Great bowlers are of the Kumble-Murali-Shane-McGrath-Wasim etc. category. Bhajjii is still miles and miles away from that club. Being a cretin who talks cr@p all the time is reason enough in my books.
no one is putting him in the Wasim/Kumble/Murali category. Those are legendary bowlers. By great I mean he is one of the top bowlers TODAY, not of all time. Of course he is not a legend, but might get there. And a coward? He has now made 4 50s in 5 test matches against the best side in the world. All in pressure situations, except for the Adelaide one. This man is a definite reason we won the series this year. He listened to this that and the third from the Aussies throughout the entire tour but bowled superbly through the entire tournament.If that's not brave, then nothing is. For flighting the ball, of course it's something he needs to work on, to get that drift and loop that he had in 2001. No doubt he'll get it back, but keep in mind that he's performed superbly in 3 test series in a row, vs SA, vs SRL, vs AUS.

I have been reading the comments posted by CC1981 and its kinda getting sick at why is this guy wakes up only when an Indian talks something. Why is he not talking about Hayden in the other thread about his Third World Country comment? Coming to the point - CC1981 has three things to say. 1. Bajji is not a world class bowler. His current N0.5 spot in the rankings doesnt make him a great bowler 2. Since he is not a great bowler, he sould not be talking like the way he has done 3. Why is TALKING after the series is over need to be considered in different light than TALKING during the series. Here is my attempt to help CC1981 to find answers to his questions. 1. Agreed - Bajji is not a great bowler. He is not the best bowler in the world and not even in India. Thanks for pointing out that the No. 5 spot is just a computer glitch. 2. Disagree - you dont have to open your mouth only if you are a great bowler. Greats like Kumble, Murali, Sachin, Dravid, Laxi never opened their mouths. Similarly - there were many not so greats who opened their mouth. Hayden is nowhere near any of the all time greats and yet goes about mouthing "obnoxious little weed", "third world country" etc etc. Why is CC1981 not taking note of that? 3. There is a lot of difference between TALKING before/during series and after the series is done and dusted. Champions talk after they finish the job to perfection. I'm not saying Bajji is a true champion. But he did well in this series (joint highest wicket taker inspite of missing 1 test and two fifties to add, is definitely a champion effort, but for the benefit of CC1981 I'm ignoring that) and he has earned his right to talk the way he talked, because during the series Gilly, Ponting, Symmo everyone had something or the other to say in their books about the monkey gate affair and Bajji being the center of that incident, had done well not to react during the middle of the series. Instead he went about his task with focus and opened his mouth only during a casual interview after the series was done with. Plus, one should also read the interview in full and not just the article. If you read the interview in full, only then you'll understand what kind of questions were thrown at him by the journo and how he answered it. For some strange reason, the media doesnt print the exact questions asked and prints only the answers, which can be misleading at times. Finally - CC1981 is not even being considered as a half decent poster in this forum. If he thinks only great players have the right to open their mouths (which Bajji clearly isn't according to him), then I would request CC1981 to practice what he preaches. First up, he should build himself a reputation as a decent poster and slowly work his way up to becoming a respected and then a great poster. After that - he can start taking digs at folks like bharat, shehezaada, mhr, sm. Note: I aint great in this forum and I haven't even got a reputation. This post of mine need not be considered as a dig at CC1981. And I hope CC1981 doesn't quote me and start an argument with me, for which neither I nor the other posters/readers have the time to read or react to.

^ dinnakkar you have only768 posts. You have no idea what going to happen now:--D CC is going to tear that post of yours to shreds. Hope you have time on your hands' date=' cos CC is coming after you:nervous:[/quote'] :pray: I hope he doesn't wipe me off :pray: BTW.. 4685 posts doesn't make someone a great poster either, considering more than 4000 of those were probably (I'm just guessing based on what I have seen of him so far) taking a dig at India's regionalism, cultural difference, politics etc on a cricket related forum. The rest 685 or so, I'm sure would be buull shytting what Indian players do on the field and talk off the field. Given the benefit of doubt, we can consider those remaining posts as something relevant, as it has connection to Cricket in someways. So he has a long way to go before being considered great.
Saw this in a movie. What's the difference between secretary and personal secretary? Secretary says "Good morning" and personal secretary says "It's morning". :laugh: :winky: :-D
It was a boring movie though... I liked what bhajji said. He is honest and moreover, Aussie bandar deserves it.:hysterical:
He is preparing a 1000 worded essay like respnose. Be scared be very scared. I always feel CC has a personal secertary or something. And just dictates leisurely his responses to his secretary. No idea how anyone can type so much.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Hahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaa:gossip::gossip::gossip::gossip: