No Google No Statsguru Trivia : with prizes :-)

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Incidentally, I had also said that this opener was in the news during IPL...Farokh Engineer was the referee for the Sreesanth / Bhaji incident. If you look at the fact that Gavaskar had , probably 4-5 opening partners in the period between 1971-77 , and only one had ever played in Australia in that period, it may have been easier...with all the other facts as well.

Guest HariSampath
Yeah..frustrating at times when you don't see any of your clues in international games I searched:winky:
But the Sobers 254 notout must have been a clincher, how many world calss players have played that inngs score there ? and just googling 254 notout , Australia Bradman should have disclosed that series, and the rest becomes easy. well...not easy....but still :-) I always kept saying this was not a regulation statsguru/google question :-)
Guest HariSampath

Vadods, your prize of 20k has been sent...enjoy :-) H4te....I am sending you 20 k too for your Vinoo Mankad / Lindwall answer, although that was not the game I had intended...bt excellent answer, and correct in almost all ways....enjoy :-) that leaves the 2nd question....sandeep has already got the answer, but hasnt provided any context for it so far. Sandeep patil is correct, but any context here , would earn someone 10k !

Guest HariSampath

I asked you when it happened etc, but you just said vaguely 1980s...I would have liked to hear the game/series , why etc. But anyways, I shall give you 10,000 for the answer which is correct. vadods, you get nothing for this as sandeep had answered it first and you merely dug out the incident :D

I asked you when it happened etc, but you just said vaguely 1980s...I would have liked to hear the game/series , why etc. But anyways, I shall give you 10,000 for the answer which is correct. vadods, you get nothing for this as sandeep had answered it first and you merely dug out the incident :D
:--D No problem..keep these quizzes coming:two_thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath

Here is an almost impossible question, you could have only even heard about it if you had seriously followed or really read a lot of cricket Who is the cricketer, who kicked an umpire in the stomach on the field of play in a test match ? This is the only ever such incident I have heard about. There were photographs published in the newspapers as well next day. This cricketer was also knighted later on. $10,000 for answer + incident context. Forget googling, it may not work at all :D ( but u can try)

Here is an almost impossible question, you could have only even heard about it if you had seriously followed or really read a lot of cricket Who is the cricketer, who kicked an umpire in the stomach on the field of play in a test match ? This is the only ever such incident I have heard about.
Bhajji (was tempted to say Sreesanth, but he may not get to play Tests with all the partying) answer> escape :eyedance:
Guest HariSampath
SMG batted left-handed in the second innings' date=' have batted right handed in the first.[/quote'] Correct ! When Mumbai was facing an innings defeat, the ball was spinning and jumping viciously. Gavaskar coming down much lower in the batting order, batted left handed for nearly 2 hours against Raghuram Bhat and saved the innings defeat. A masterly exhibition of technique to counter the spinning ball. Gavaskar himself played 60 odd deliveries. There was much controversy about that incident with Sunny being accused of disrespect to opponent players , by playing left handed. Gavaskar himself defended his decision by saying he wanted to play the left arm spinner with the ball coming into him , instead of spinning away from him.
Here is an almost impossible question, you could have only even heard about it if you had seriously followed or really read a lot of cricket Who is the cricketer, who kicked an umpire in the stomach on the field of play in a test match ? This is the only ever such incident I have heard about. There were photographs published in the newspapers as well next day. This cricketer was also knighted later on. $10,000 for answer + incident context. Forget googling, it may not work at all :D ( but u can try)
richard hadlee?