Asif all set to join Indian Cricket League

Sachinism

Karachi: Pakistan paceman Mohammad Asif, fighting to avert a doping ban in the Indian Premier League (IPL), is on the verge of joining the India Cricket League (ICL) after he was offered an irressitable sum of money by the unrecognised league. The 25-year-old paceman is due to appear before the IPL doping tribunal on November 29 and after the Pakistan Cricket Board turned a deaf ear to his request for legal support, the paceman is on the verge of signing the ICL. "I am frustrated," admitted Asif when contacted by cricketnirvana.com. "When no one is coming to my support I have no other option left to join the ICL for which other Pakistani players are also playing. My career has come to a halt and no one is bothering," said Asif. Lahore Badhshahs, a team compriised of Pakistan players, won the second edition of the ICL and is in the process of signing some more Pakistan players including Asif. Pakistan new coach Intikhab Alam last week said Asif is a match winner and he would love to see him back in the Pakistan team. source: http://www.cricketnirvana.com/news/international/2008/november/news-20081119-467.html
This is the national coach saying this? A guy who was found guilty of opium possession and then next tested positive for a banned substance (the 2nd time in three years) and the national coach is saying this crap about having him back? Forget the ICL being banned, the ICC should ban Pakistan as a test playing nation.
Guest HariSampath

ICL is playing the game very well...their ICL India vs ICL pakistan is bound to be a huge interest series/games. Here in the subcontinent, any "India vs Pak" theme, even if it is a burger eating contest, would attract big viewership . And if it is T20 cricket with plenty of players like Inzy, Yousuf, Saqlain, Rana, mahmood ,Nazir , Sami , Asif etc, its like 90% pakistan side. In India we have players who are International level/threshold, and most importantly Indian. ICL + T20 + India/pak theme is a surefire winner

ICL is playing the game very well...their ICL India vs ICL pakistan is bound to be a huge interest series/games. Here in the subcontinent' date=' any "India vs Pak" theme, even if it is a [b']burger eating contest, would attract big viewership . And if it is T20 cricket with plenty of players like Inzy, Yousuf, Saqlain, Rana, mahmood ,Nazir , Sami , Asif etc, its like 90% pakistan side. In India we have players who are International level/threshold, and most importantly Indian. ICL + T20 + India/pak theme is a surefire winner
:hysterical::hysterical:
ICL is playing the game very well...their ICL India vs ICL pakistan is bound to be a huge interest series/games. Here in the subcontinent' date=' any "India vs Pak" theme, even if it is a [b']burger eating contest, would attract big viewership . And if it is T20 cricket with plenty of players like Inzy, Yousuf, Saqlain, Rana, mahmood ,Nazir , Sami , Asif etc, its like 90% pakistan side. In India we have players who are International level/threshold, and most importantly Indian. ICL + T20 + India/pak theme is a surefire winner
i will go 1 better even if its to see which paint, green or blue, drys faster.. it will attract people.