Eng Must Be Fined

Lord

or warned atleast.first in indore,it was broad who appealed for a lbw wen the ball hit only bat n nothing else:giggle:.today they appealed needlessly n so vehemently on two occasions off dhoni and sehwag.they r also coming down the wicket a lot n saying few things.today flintoff glared at yuvraj n before said a few words. things cant go on like this.do something,ref!

Take it as a compliment...they have to resort to these tactics to get a wicket! The Broad appeal for lbw (bbw actually) when it came off the middle of the bat and no pad was hilarious! :hysterical:
but if india did it, refs especially,broad sr. would penalise us on first opportunity.but no action so far on english.

If England are getting a bit desperate, its only natural. They are losing match after match......there would be some over appealing. They are getting carried away. India has been guilty of over appealing in the past. In fact, if you rank teams for over appealing in the last 10 years, you might find India at the top. Nothing to be mad about.

But that is Rox's point. Not getting mad at England's behaviour...but the bias of umpiring. India has been in desperate situations where wickets were critical and have overappealed in the past...and got fined for it. The English don't seem to be treated the same way. The double standard is the issue.

the flintoff "staring" at yuvi today, and then getting his wicket and not giving any kind of sendoff, not even looking at him was a classic example of how sledging should be practiced by someone like.....sreesanth or zak he didnt break any rules, just stared, whats wrong in that? yuvi was stupid to get over excited by it lol

the flintoff "staring" at yuvi today, and then getting his wicket and not giving any kind of sendoff, not even looking at him was a classic example of how sledging should be practiced by someone like.....sreesanth or zak he didnt break any rules, just stared, whats wrong in that? yuvi was stupid to get over excited by it lol
Agreed. Flintoff showed the way to do it. Yuvi's ego got the better of him...wanted to whack the short ball for six after getting eyeballed by Freddie.
Exactly. Thats cool headed calculated aggression. He knows that Yuvi gets worked up and intimidated by him. He did get him worked up in the T20 WC where broad was the victim. This time it worked the other way.
yup! agree to that! that was classic.yuvi should have been more careful.sreesanth(and a few aussies) can do well to learn
Exactly. Thats cool headed calculated aggression. He knows that Yuvi gets worked up and intimidated by him. He did get him worked up in the T20 WC where broad was the victim. This time it worked the other way.
I don't think Yuvi was intimidated by him...I think it provoked him and gave him a big shot of adrenaline, out of pride and ego to retaliate...this is the problem with Yuvi...the ego gets too large and then it is easy to get him to blow his top and fall right into your trap. He is still too hot-headed a character...seems not able to control his urge. He is a confidence player...and sometime, when he is over-confident and too proud, he is as easy to get out as when he is down on confidence. He needs to improve this temperament and even it out if he is to do well in tests. This is his major drawback.
I don't think Yuvi was intimidated by him...I think it provoked him and gave him a big shot of adrenaline, out of pride and ego to retaliate...this is the problem with Yuvi...the ego gets too large and then it is easy to get him to blow his top and fall right into your trap. He is still too hot-headed a character...seems not able to control his urge. He is a confidence player...and sometime, when he is over-confident and too proud, he is as easy to get out as when he is down on confidence. He needs to improve this temperament and even it out if he is to do well in tests. This is his major drawback.
to be fair to yuvi, it was in powerplay n if he had got hold of it, it was six.unluckily he mishit it. it wasnt a wrong shot shot selection,he just tried to hit it too hard

He jabbed it...looked like he wanted to punch it...if he gave it the full flourish, it would have been in the crowd. The way he played the shot showed you it was an angry retaliation to the provocation out of pride. He has to even his temperament out and reduce his ego. This innings was actually good to bring him down a peg or two as his ego, I think, was getting out of proportions (just the way he was carrying on in the field etc...young man riding high...nothing wrong with that, but needs to be controlled for his own good). He will bat better and with more application in the next match.

He jabbed it...looked like he wanted to punch it...if he gave it the full flourish, it would have been in the crowd. The way he played the shot showed you it was an angry retaliation to the provocation out of pride. He has to even his temperament out and reduce his ego. This innings was actually good to bring him down a peg or two as his ego, I think, was getting out of proportions (just the way he was carrying on in the field etc...young man riding high...nothing wrong with that, but needs to be controlled for his own good). He will bat better and with more application in the next match.
yeah n be unstoppable again:two_thumbs_up:

Yes...that is what I want to see. I missed his first two innings as I am at work at that time of the day here in Oz...today I was hoping for a special only to see him overheat and blow a gasket. Sunday I can watch the whole match. Yuvi...do it again, just for me, your loyal fan!!! :two_thumbs_up: