Not using floodlights

Sachinism

OK, before the series, both captains had the option to use floodlights if light got bad, but they both decided against it. What possibly could be the logic behind this? Every time a match result is settled using D/L method, there is someone complaining, so it would be better to get a full game in and get a result from there Secondly all these people turn up to the game and don't get to see a full match of cricket being played. People in India, who have paid a lot to see their heroes and England fans who have travelled all the way from England to see their team.

OK, before the series, both captains had the option to use floodlights if light got bad, but they both decided against it. What possibly could be the logic behind this? Every time a match result is settled using D/L method, there is someone complaining, so it would be better to get a full game in and get a result from there Secondly all these people turn up to the game and don't get to see a full match of cricket being played. People in India, who have paid a lot to see their heroes and England fans who have travelled all the way from England to see their team.
Fully concur with your sentiments ... while watching the match in the wee hours of the morning I was quite amazed at what happened. Surely, there must be some really sound reasoning for why the cappo's and team mgmt chose not to employ lights when available ? Although, my cynical self tells me that there probably isnt a very good reason.