Buddha bar (music) - Anyone into it?

Lurker

Recently caught a few songs from this group/DJ. Catchy, eclectic, trance and soothing..all different types. Thinking of getting their compilations. Anyone here who has heard/seen/bought em? Here are a few in case you are wondering. TBPTDO-GMV0 (played on repeat in camping recently..quite amor amor) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuds-fDg5UY]YouTube - Trance - Buddha Bar - Voice of Buddha[/ame] (awesome on headphones..specially in gym)

Buddha Bar is a compilation of Lounge music by Claude Challe. And yep, I'm heavily into it. There are two kinds of lounge, electronic and ethnic. Buddha Bar's electronic counterpart would be Cafe Del Mar. But electronic lounge (at least as I define it) is not trance, house, or techno. Royksopp is awesome. If you can, get Talvin Singh - Back to Mine Vol. 8. And listen to the second and third track. The best music when you are high. (or not) and oh Buddha Bar is an actual Lounge in Paris, I think..

You should listen to Afro-Celt Sound System. Volume 2 : Release is their best album. Afro-Celt Sound System: IfUmS4IM6P8&feature=related Then, if you are really into "slow" music, Sigur Ros and God is an Astronaut is AMAZING. Sigur Ros: _EyI4p0yjDQ God is an Astronaut: d5z-tgjjzvY

Guest Gunner
Buddha Bar is a compilation of Lounge music by Claude Challe. And yep, I'm heavily into it. There are two kinds of lounge, electronic and ethnic. Buddha Bar's electronic counterpart would be Cafe Del Mar. But electronic lounge (at least as I define it) is not trance, house, or techno. Royksopp is awesome. If you can, get Talvin Singh - Back to Mine Vol. 8. And listen to the second and third track. The best music when you are high. (or not) and oh Buddha Bar is an actual Lounge in Paris, I think..
You are correct, the first Buddha bar was indeed started in Paris. I have been to three so far - Paris, Prague and Krakow. I dream to see all of them.

Guest Gunner
You should listen to Afro-Celt Sound System. Volume 2 : Release is their best album. Afro-Celt Sound System: Then, if you are really into "slow" music, Sigur Ros and God is an Astronaut is AMAZING. Sigur Ros: God is an Astronaut:
Have always loved afro-celt sound system, thanks for introducing me to singour ros a few weeks ago. I will check out the last one too.. keep up the good work flamy boy.