Pakistan unsafe: Dhoni, Tendulkar tell Board

Kartikey

:haha::haha::haha: Yeah, there seems to be a history to it, remember the London bombings following a 3-0 drubbing at the hands of England :cantstop:
Don't you remember, Bumps? Our bird brained neighbours in all seriousness attributing the decade without bilateral cricket to India's fear of getting creamed ? Don't discount anything with this lot.
Pretty extreme lengths to go to to avoid a 3-0 whipping by India.
interestingly one of the Indian posters suggested that the Taj was attacked because of Dhoni and Tendulkar's comments and how Pakistan wanted to prove that India is equally unsafe... anyways it seems that most of you are in the :whack: mood so i should take a much needed break from this place....will hopefully be back in a few days.
MP, I dont see this as a bilateral issue between two countries. This is all about religion. What amazes me is how Muslims (even the reasonable ones) unite themselves with fellow Muslims, UNCONDITIONALLY. This is unseen with any other religion. As a result, what is supposed to be an issue between two governments, now involves Jaish-e-Mohammad, Al-Qaeda, LeT, Dawood etc There is a huge problem with your religion MP. You could say Koran preaches tolerance, virtue et al. But at the end of the day Islam to the rest of the world is all about how Muslims live their lives. Going by all the major conflicts that have impacted this world recently (Russia-Chechnya, Ind-Pak, Israel-Middle East, America-AlQaeda, Anarchy in numerous African nations), its a no-brainer that whenever there is a major conflict in this world, chances are that one of the two parties is a Muslim or both parties are. Mind you, am not bashing your religion, but merely stating the obvious. Its hard for you a Muslim, to see this. You've grown up with these ideals, have seen your friends, family and many people you respect hail this religion. Hence its hard for you to accept it. You could blame RAW, REFINED, Israel, India etc. but at the end of the day, you guys are victims of your own religion.
Fair points Bumper. I reckon Islam is going through the same stage that Christainity was going through all those centuries ago and yes its certainly time for us to look in the mirror but i hope the others do that as well.

Credit to you for sticking around and remaining objective, MP. I am not the most patriotic of persons, so I don't have my India hat on. However, innocent lives have been lost, and I don't think political correctness has a place right now. Don't take it personally. You are a credit to your country.

MP, If you think "to sanitize Pakistan" is actually a BAD idea or a 'ghutiya comment', you need to take your head out of your ass. Pakistan has proved UTTERLY INCOMPETENT in putting an end to the homegrown terro groups, some of whom are now also biting Pakistan hard. That is every reason for India and US to go into Pakistan and finish the job themselves. In fact, US is already having GREAT success doing so on the western front, killing HUGE number of terrorists in EACH strike in the past few months. Apart from tightening our borders and improvnig intelligence, India needs to take out the LET and other camps in POK, since Pakistan leadership lacks the will, resources or power, or all of them, to do that themselves.

Fair points Bumper. I reckon Islam is going through the same stage that Christainity was going through all those centuries ago and yes its certainly time for us to look in the mirror but i hope the others do that as well.
Thats the first sensible post you have made. If there is this silent majority of muslims who do indeed want peace and want an end to fundamental islamic ideogoies. Then stop being SILENT and tell/educate the fundamental muslims. Change can only come from within.

^ Agree. Change in Islam can only come from within. Senior Islamic figures need to publicly condemn these attacks and India and Pakistani governments need to work together. However, if anyone thinks the solution is to just randomly start bombing Pakistan in retaliation then they are mistaken. The people responsible will not get hurt and innocent people will. The families of the innocent people that got killed will not understand why their relatives who had done nothing wrong have been killed and will seek their own retaliation and thus the vicious cycle continues. No doubt there is need for action. However the only way to stop this is non-violent action.

No doubt there is need for action. However the only way to stop this is non-violent action.
Preferably. However, this doesn't work with terrorists. Do you remember the Punjab years post Golden temple? People being slaughtered by disenchanted Sikhs? It took another Sikh, speaking the language of these extremists to bring things to an end. He pursued them into their hiding places in dingy hotel rooms of Calcutta and Delhi and shot them in their beds by torchlight. In time, they feared AS Gill more than they destested Indira's indiscreet act. That's how you deal with terrorists. It's true India shouldn't directly intervene in PoK and Waziristan. There is no reason why Pakistan can't though, with full logistical and moral support from our troops. After all, it's a common enemy, who Pakistan is already fighting, and who snatched the mother of the current Pakistani PM's children from them. What greater motivation does he need?
It's true India shouldn't directly intervene in PoK and Waziristan. There is no reason why Pakistan can't though, with full logistical and moral support from our troops. After all, it's a common enemy, who Pakistan is already fighting, and who snatched the mother of the current Pakistani PM's children from them. What greater motivation does he need?
Indian troops on Pakistani soil in a joint exercise with Pakistan is a pipe dream. Your sentiments are something I share but Pakistan taking any help - logistical or otherwise - from our troops will be political suicide for the politician in charge in Pakistan. Our best bet is to use the death of Americans and Israelis in these attacks to convince America of the involvement of terror cells in Pakistan and let Pakistan allow America to mount a joint operation against them.

I already made that point about Israel in another thread, Shwetabh. However, Israel will not act on India's bidding. They act on nobody's bidding. They'll study the situation, assess the threat from these guys to Israel and the Jewish diaspora, plan meticulously and then take out the perpetrators like a well oiled machine. That's how they work and that's why they have the most effective counter-terrorism strike force in the world. America is already involved. Had American nationals died, that would have forced their hand a bit more. Nevertheless, I think these terrorists have just signed their own death warrant.

MP, I dont see this as a bilateral issue between two countries. This is all about religion. What amazes me is how Muslims (even the reasonable ones) unite themselves with fellow Muslims, UNCONDITIONALLY. This is unseen with any other religion. As a result, what is supposed to be an issue between two governments, now involves Jaish-e-Mohammad, Al-Qaeda, LeT, Dawood etc There is a huge problem with your religion MP. You could say Koran preaches tolerance, virtue et al. But at the end of the day Islam to the rest of the world is all about how Muslims live their lives. Going by all the major conflicts that have impacted this world recently (Russia-Chechnya, Ind-Pak, Israel-Middle East, America-AlQaeda, Anarchy in numerous African nations), its a no-brainer that whenever there is a major conflict in this world, chances are that one of the two parties is a Muslim or both parties are. Mind you, am not bashing your religion, but merely stating the obvious. Its hard for you a Muslim, to see this. You've grown up with these ideals, have seen your friends, family and many people you respect hail this religion. Hence its hard for you to accept it. You could blame RAW, REFINED, Israel, India etc. but at the end of the day, you guys are victims of your own religion.
bang on
^ Agree. Change in Islam can only come from within. Senior Islamic figures need to publicly condemn these attacks and India and Pakistani governments need to work together. However, if anyone thinks the solution is to just randomly start bombing Pakistan in retaliation then they are mistaken. The people responsible will not get hurt and innocent people will. The families of the innocent people that got killed will not understand why their relatives who had done nothing wrong have been killed and will seek their own retaliation and thus the vicious cycle continues. No doubt there is need for action. However the only way to stop this is non-violent action.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Reading some of the Pakistanis' posts here and elsewhere, you really dont know whether to laugh or cry. I guess, its expected that they absolve themselves of any wrongdoing, but the reasoning/theories they give for it is so ridiculous that you begin to wonder whether they've given their brains a holiday. For eg, a popular point of discussion right now among Pakistanis is a picture of one of terrorists, where he seems to be wearing a saffron thread around his hand. So that immediately makes him a Hindu terrorist and this a Right wing-Zionist conspiracy. !

Reading some of the Pakistanis' posts here and elsewhere, you really dont know whether to laugh or cry. I guess, its expected that they absolve themselves of any wrongdoing, but the reasoning/theories they give for it is so ridiculous that you begin to wonder whether they've given their brains a holiday. For eg, a popular point of discussion right now among Pakistanis is a picture of one of terrorists, where he seems to be wearing a saffron thread around his hand. So that immediately makes him a Hindu terrorist and this a Right wing-Zionist conspiracy. !
mm, i suggest you avoid heartburn and stop reading/responding to this shyt. your efforts are much better spent writing to politicians/newspapers.

Did violent action solve anything after September 11? America bombed Afghanistan, then invaded Iraq and declared a full-scale war on terror. Now, is America a safer place than before? Is Iraq safer? Is the world safer? As a result, there is more hatred amongst Islamic people towards America and people that were silent before begin to support Islamic extremists. There are so many ignorant people who say crap like "we should just nuke all of pakistan" and then go and swear at their muslim neighbours, kick poor people around simply because they are muslim. These people live in the lap of luxury and are in no way directly affected or have been affected by past attacks, yet they still harbour this bullshit ignorant hatred. Any muslim kid who has to grow up in that atmosphere will be against India. At the end of the day, people have to understand that if we go to war with Pakistan then Pakistan will retaliate and although we would probably win that war, it would be at the expense of innocent civilians in both countries. People do not understand that and are happy just to see violence in retaliation. The real solution is to find the senior figures in these terrorist groups and capture (and if necessary kill) them. Bombing random areas of Pakistan will not solve anything and people that think it will are simply running on pure emotion and not thinking straight.

^ Yes bharat297 statement is VERY naive. Sweet really. He seems to live in a world were he watches to many bollywood films. The allies replies to Hitler should also have been non viloent.
That was different ... that was a full scale World War ... where it was a coordinated attack on the government. There is yet to be any proof that the Pakistani government is responsible for this and these groups are separate from Pakistan itself.