What target will England set for India?

DomainK

Whatever the case, KP would not make the mistake of underestimating the Indian batting lineup. Punter did that in the first test and India saved the game. Its a tow edged sword- If KP decides to keep enough time in hand to dismiss the famed Indian batsmen, India might just chase it down. Viru for 40 overs and game over. On the other hand, if KP decides to score big, they might not be left with enough time to dismiss all Indian wickets. What do you think will be the target set for India?

Their aim will be to bat till the middle of post lunch session. Whatever they can get in that period of time' date=' will be our target.[/quote'] England played too slow for my liking. England will now want to set a target of at least 425, which means they need 100 odd more runs. If England try to play the same way they did before lunch or if India bowls the way they did before lunch, India will have to bat out 3.5 sessions. Obviously this shouldn't be a worrying point but India is carrying Veeru and RD in team one who is really weak in 2nd innings and the latter one is completely clueless.
England played too slow for my liking. England will now want to set a target of at least 425' date=' which means they need 100 odd more runs. If England try to play the same way they did before lunch or if India bowls the way they did before lunch, India will have to bat out 3.5 sessions. Obviously this shouldn't be a worrying point but India is carrying Veeru and RD in team one who is really weak in 2nd innings and the latter one is completely clueless.[/quote'] *fineleg mode* so b_b wat abt Sachin..isint he weak too in the 4th innings..why arent u including him also *fineleg mode off* :D
*fineleg mode* so b_b wat abt Sachin..isint he weak too in the 4th innings..why arent u including him also *fineleg mode off* :D
*b_b mode* I deliberately excluded SRT from the equation for this thread to not get hijacked *b_b mode off* :cantstop:
nandya, they absolutely must do it. this is not a minefield pitch so they dont have any excuses not to.
I am just amazed at your lack of cricketing knowledge and the fact that you have 9000+ posts on a cricket website. Even a lundfakeer like Swann is making the ball turn on the pitch......it's going to be a big achievement if India do bat out the day. When was the last time any team managed to bat out 120 overs on a turner in India in the last innings?