Dravid Decoded : Da ICF's Code

ludhianvi

So its no surprise that Dravid's is going through a rough patch of form. In the last two years, Dravid has a test average of about 30 in 26 Test matches. In that time span, he has two centuries, one against Bangadesh and the other against South Africa. So what has led to this poor form ? Did you notice any changes in Dravid's technique? Will we see some spark of resurrection or this is simply the end for Dravid. The heart says that he'll bounce back quickly, starting as early as tomorrow. So how should Dravid improve and get back to his best?

According to me, RD has forced himself to not to play any of the shots that he has recorded in his book. He comes with an intention of blocking the deliveries and absorbing as many deliveries he can 'to get back into the groove'. This is the sole reason why we do not see him rotating strikes, hence the SR of 10's/20's. To me, it seems like he is rather cautious about losing his wicket and tends to defends anything thrown at him. He has to start playing his shots and get into the groove, defending 100 balls will not help his cause. His first innings dismissal was not-so-RD type. Had he been in form he would have whipped that ball across the leg side by going on back foot, but on this occasion he was caught in two minds: to go on front foot and defend or whip it on the leg side.

Yes, blocking all the balls seems to be his goal now. Very puzzling and sad. His S/R was always slow, but not this abysmal. If he plays normal shots, he'll get runs. He seemed to be in decent touch in Aus test series despite not scoring too heavily. Just play normal shots. Otherwise you can block out 30 balls, and there will be one that will do something different on DAY-5 pitch wearing down and it will get you.

According to me, RD has forced himself to not to play any of the shots that he has recorded in his book. He comes with an intention of blocking the deliveries and absorbing as many deliveries he can 'to get back into the groove'. This is the sole reason why we do not see him rotating strikes, hence the SR of 10's/20's. To me, it seems like he is rather cautious about losing his wicket and tends to defends anything thrown at him. He has to start playing his shots and get into the groove, defending 100 balls will not help his cause. His first innings dismissal was not-so-RD type. Had he been in form he would have whipped that ball across the leg side by going on back foot, but on this occasion he was caught in two minds: to go on front foot and defend or whip it on the leg side.
Then how do you explain him getting caught chasing wide deliveries Vs Aus ? It is not just the mindset, I think the technique is suffering too.
Then how do you explain him getting caught chasing wide deliveries Vs Aus ? It is not just the mindset' date=' I think the technique is suffering too.[/quote'] firslty he rarely chased wide deliveries ... but even in those, it seemed like he was double minded... when you r chasing wide delieviries, you r supposed to hit them Hard but in Dravid case he was actually poking at them which takes you NOWHERE...
Then how do you explain him getting caught chasing wide deliveries Vs Aus ? It is not just the mindset' date=' I think the technique is suffering too.[/quote'] He seems to be uncertain in the mind. If that's the case, even his technique will suffer. He's seen to be chasing wide deliveries a lot, almost like he's pre-meditating.
here comes COACH B_B...lolz

there should be some flaw in his technique otherwise there cant be any logical explanation to the bad patch he is going through..everybody knows that he is a tough cookie and if he had problems in his mind then u expect him to sort it out by this time..so there is something that has gone wrong with his technique..

Yes, blocking all the balls seems to be his goal now. Very puzzling and sad. His S/R was always slow, but not this abysmal. If he plays normal shots, he'll get runs. He seemed to be in decent touch in Aus test series despite not scoring too heavily. Just play normal shots. Otherwise you can block out 30 balls, and there will be one that will do something different on DAY-5 pitch wearing down and it will get you.
This amount to selfish cricket.He looked gloomy during the victory celebration in Chennai.