Interesting Scorecard...

In the context of this ongoing Test match, particularly with the 5th/final day in mind. It will be great to see if we learnt anything from the match in the link. We've already made a much better start than back then, given that we had more time to make that start. Though he tried valiantly back then too, Viru could not save us... http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/64127.html

The Bangalore test, I very clearly remember that at the end of that game sehwag was interviewed and he said "if i won't have gotten out, i would have won the game" and that statement of his was turned around by our media and was labeled as an statement coming from an arrogant player who is blaming someone for his run out and thinks he is the only player who can win the game. Thanks to our Indian media.. just a simple statement from Sehwag got converted into all this b.s. i just hope we win this game tomorrow. Sehwag would be the happiest man on earth, and so would be all Indians

In the context of this ongoing Test match, particularly with the 5th/final day in mind. It will be great to see if we learnt anything from the match in the link. We've already made a much better start than back then, given that we had more time to make that start. Though he tried valiantly back then too, Viru could not save us... http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/64127.html
Indian middle order bogged down to the 'aggressive field' placements that Inzi mia had imposed. 3-4 fielders were always surrounding the batsmen and yet the batsmen were defending their arses to salvage a draw. It was nothing but frustrating to watch the game as an Indian fan. Middle order completely shut the door of winning the match and were going for a draw, which they could not manage. Afridi returned with figures of 17 7 13 3.

Regardless of people bringing up the Bangalore test as a **** up for our batting line up, we lost that test because of our poor bowling. 260 runs in 50 overs is what Pakistan scored in the second innings. We were left with no alternative but to draw the match after that and the fact that we got within 5 overs of doing so is a testimony to our good batting line up rather than a **** up on their part.

The Bangalore test, I very clearly remember that at the end of that game sehwag was interviewed and he said "if i won't have gotten out, i would have won the game" and that statement of his was turned around by our media and was labeled as an statement coming from an arrogant player who is blaming someone for his run out and thinks he is the only player who can win the game. Thanks to our Indian media.. just a simple statement from Sehwag got converted into all this b.s. i just hope we win this game tomorrow. Sehwag would be the happiest man on earth, and so would be all Indians
I remember that statement, and I remember that we all credited him for that, because his positive approach was so refreshing. If all had batted like him that day, we would NOT have won, but would have had more chance of saving the match, or lost with a bit more dignity...
And Shwetabh' date=' you're correct too, it was initially the fault of the bowling when we conceded that 270 odd at a blistering rate. We finished our 1st innings and began our 2nd on the same day!...[/quote'] A ch...ootiya like Afridi smoked a half century in 20 deliveries.....and yet we continue to blame our batsmen for the loss, in fact not just that loss...every test we lose is blamed on our batting line up. Why aren't our bowlers grilled for their screw ups?
Regardless of people bringing up the Bangalore test as a **** up for our batting line up' date=' we lost that test because of our poor bowling. 260 runs in 50 overs is what Pakistan scored in the second innings. We were left with no alternative but to draw the match after that and the fact that we got within 5 overs of doing so is a testimony to our good batting line up rather than a **** up on their part.[/quote'] Prof, coming close to within the range of drawing the game does not count because the result reads as India lost. Gauti and Veeru gave India a rollicking start by scoring almost 3.5 per over. Sehwag scored at a SR of 71, sure he is an exception so lets not take his SR into account. GG managed to score at a SR of 40 odd, which indicated that our middle order went into a defensive shell and tried to block anything thrown at them. SR of 25, 16 are ridiculous given the situation when they entered the crease. Our middle order had to play their normal cricket and take India to the shore. Of course, winning that was not important to us because we were leading. But by blocking every single delivery, it gave Inzy a chance to bring one more fielder around the bat. Afridi was turning the ball by miles (SG's wicket was an indication) but our batsmen are called good player of spinners for a reason. I still think our middle order should have salvaged a draw on that track. Its another game for an Indian fan to rue about. You are right when you say our bowlers sucked in that match. But I always thought that Indian cricket team was defined more by our batting than bowling. Sure the bowlers shat in their pants in second innings, but it was our batsmen's job to clear the mess. Despite the fact that we carry some good batsmen in our line up, every time there is a task for them to save us they have failed.

^Arre yaar it's not easy to bat on a day 5 pitch in India. History proves it, every batsman worth his salt admits to it. Even a lundfakir spinner like Afridi was making the ball talk on the last day and no matter if you are a Dravid and Tendulkar you cannot go out on a last day turning pitch in India and start scoring runs. When a ch..ootiya like Afirdi with enough runs as a cushion is making the ball talk it's not possible to just start being "positive". Did you even watch the ball that Afridi bowled to get Ganguly in that match...and Afridi is not even a proper spinner...he was getting crazy turn?

Regardless of people bringing up the Bangalore test as a **** up for our batting line up' date=' we lost that test because of our poor bowling. 260 runs in 50 overs is what Pakistan scored in the second innings. We were left with no alternative but to draw the match after that and the fact that we got within 5 overs of doing so is a testimony to our good batting line up rather than a **** up on their part.[/quote'] I'd say Ganguly's captaincy was the biggest reason for India's defeat. His field settings for Afridi and Yasir were pitiful - men on the boundary, inviting two destructive batsmen to do what they do best.
Regardless of people bringing up the Bangalore test as a **** up for our batting line up' date=' we lost that test because of our poor bowling. 260 runs in 50 overs is what Pakistan scored in the second innings. We were left with no alternative but to draw the match after that and the fact that we got within 5 overs of doing so is a testimony to our good batting line up rather than a **** up on their part.[/quote'] Nope, we were unable to match Pakistan because of our poor bowling. But we would have drawn that test and not lost had it not been for our batting. (It's kinda like that discussion we had abt India losing in SL because they couldn't keep that quick bowler whose name I already forget out from their stumps, even though he was only bowling inswingers.) India lost because their batsmen could not handle the threats of Mohammad Sami and Shahid Afridi. Two mediocre pie chuckers who had few attributes other than pace, and yet they made them look lethal, treating Afridi in particular as if he had magically turned into Chandra on an up and down pitch.