Ponting v. Ntini and pace

Mr. Wicket

"I'd be surprised if Ntini gets anywhere near the 140 mark to tell you the truth," Ricky Ponting said on the eve of the Test. He was asked how Australia felt about facing up to three fast men who might clock over 150kph.
Damn... Ntini just barely getting around that mark made Ponting his b!tch. Imagine if he HAD been clocking over 150 kph. :D
Sriram' date=' remember his "new age" approach to touring India? :D[/quote'] You mean 'Spend all your energy in press conferences' approach? :cantstop: As an aside, this test was tailor made for another one of Pownting's specials... First test of a big series, win the toss and bat first, nice batting pitch.... And he got golden one! :D

Pwnting will have problems confronting Ntini's change of angle from over the wicket, even if it isn't at 140 kmph. He hasn't seen the last of Ntini yet. I am losing a lot of my respect for this guy. I don't have a problem with cricketers talking smack as long as they make good on it. He embarrassed himself AND his team in Australia by undermining the Indians. Sometimes, your own haughty words can have the undesired effect of putting unnecessary pressure on you.

Pownting thinks he is this larger-than-life figure who has acheived so much that he has this Godsend right to talk anything and everything about anyone. He's even referred to himself in the third person, while talking about great batsman of our era. Now, while it may not be accurate to say that he IS one of the greatest batsman of our era, it is definitely surprising to see him blowing his own trumpet.