Woolmer murdered?

Re: Woolmer murdered? Yup I wondered why his family would jump the gun that quickly. I thought they may have been told it won't help his reputation if it was a case of suicide or something. For now it's only speculations. The Jamaican police were pretty choosy in the conference too. The chief of the police was saying "We have enough evidence right now to investigate further and we are also awaiting pathological tests to come in as well" and "We are going to investigate into this fully as the death is of suspicious grounds".

Re: Woolmer murdered?

it better not be the person my mind is pointing towards
I have one too.how do we exchange without taking names?
let us go to pm then lest we want to be dragged to the court.. but that name doesn't gell well with booky involvement theory so i am having after-thoughts
fack I don't want the headline of 'couple of forum posters dragged to court' being discussed here.. :lol:

it better not be the person my mind is pointing towards
I have one too.how do we exchange without taking names?
let us go to pm then lest we want to be dragged to the court.. but that name doesn't gell well with booky involvement theory so i am having after-thoughts
Why are you guys hell bent on exchanging names :hic: ? Leave it to the cops to do that. For now speculate, speak to your better half if you need company to communicate to.
Guest dada_rocks

My thoughts exactly shwetabh. One thing that troubles me. His family was really quick to say "He must've died of stress". Normally a family would want a full investigation into the death, especially as he was only 58 years old.
:wtg: ye saree chijen hamene sata rahi thin kalh se hi.. but i saw mods were not allowing even whispering on the lines of murder plot so kept it within myself. sthg is just not right

My thoughts exactly shwetabh. One thing that troubles me. His family was really quick to say "He must've died of stress". Normally a family would want a full investigation into the death, especially as he was only 58 years old.
..that crossed my mind too.

Re: Woolmer murdered? 'Bob Woolmer knew it all' - Sarfraz Nawaz -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PORT OF SPAIN, March 21: Former Pakistani paceman Sarfraz Nawaz has little doubt that the "death" of Bob Woolmer has been a conspiracy hatched by the underbelly of cricket, the betting mafia operational in the sub-continent. Sarfraz drags everyone in the net: From Pakistan Cricket Board to captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, fellow Pakistani cricketers and even International Cricket Council (ICC) whom he describes as the fountainhead of betting mafia. "I urge upon cricket nations to stop taking part in the ICC-held events. They are havens for match-fixers. ICC is actively promoting it," said Sarfraz. However, what Sarfraz had to say on Woolmer's death probably overshadowed everything else. "Bob must have seen how Pakistan team went about its business against West Indies. You could sense it from their body language that something was amiss. I believe he was writing a book and he would have come off with sensational disclosures. "I surely feel that he has been bumped off. It was the betting mafia which eliminated Hansie Cronje. It was the same betting mafia which killed "Cadbury" the well-known bookie from Pakistan who later settled in South Africa. "Cadbury" body was cut into pieces. Now that has been the fate of Woolmer." Sarfraz openly claimed that captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, along with Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik were involved in betting. "Rana Naved is being regularly promoted even though he doesn't deserve a place because of his recent poor performances. When Mushtaq was reappointed I straightaway went to PCB and questioned how they could keep a "dubious character" in seat. Shoaib, everyone knows, is in league with bookmakers." Sarfraz said, so powerful were the bookmakers that they were actually helping appoint coaches, managers, selectors and even board officials in different countries. The former Pakistan pacemen then targeted the ICC, the seat of international cricket. "You look at pitches played in the Champions Trophy last year in India. All of them were unduly favouring the bowlers. The same has happened in this World Cup: bowlers have a field day in the initial phase of matches. "ICC is actually tampering with the pitches so that even a minnow can upset a top team on their day. That's what exactly happened when India and Pakistan played first against Bangladesh and Ireland." Former Pakistan leg-spinner and captain Abdul Qadir came out in support of Sarfraz and said it was time the charges laid by the tall former medium-pacer were seriously investigated. "Every time he makes these charges, people tend to make fun of him. I don't think that's the right thing to do. Authorities should investigate the charges laid by Sarfraz because most of the time, he is able to predict things in advance. He had said before the tournament began that Pakistan could lose to West Indies and Ireland. "That's exactly how it happened. Authorities should investigate it thoroughly: if Sarfraz is spreading wrong stories, he must be booked. Otherwise, his leads should be carefully followed by authorities." http://worldcup.indiatimes.com/Bob_Woolmer_knew_it_all/articleshow/1785960.cms

:wtg: ye saree chijen hamene sata rahi thin kalh se hi.. but i saw mods were not allowing even whispering on the lines of murder plot so kept it within myself. sthg is just not right
I don't think any mod asked you not to discuss mate. Just that don't mention names is all we said as it is alleging someone just by guess work without evidence or proof. Lurker and the rest were already speculating this one this morning.
Guest dada_rocks

I don't think any mod asked you not to discuss mate. Just that don't mention names is all we said as it is alleging someone just by guess work without evidence or proof. Lurker and the rest were already speculating this one this morning.
Ravi tin the condolence thread itself i had added a line like something sounds fishy someone deleted that part so i got the hint and kept mum..... ur concern of naming names i do understand anyway no worries
Guest dada_rocks

jeez sarfiraaz :duh:
on second thought not all of what he said can be dismissed as nonsense.
HE is more often than not right..

..that crossed my mind too.
good question, varun. and, ravi, i can safely say NOBODY here knows who put the supari (hit) on bobchacha. that name is safely mehfoos (secure/unknown). chill, mate.

Sarfraz openly claimed that captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, along with Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik were involved in betting. "Rana Naved is being regularly promoted even though he doesn't deserve a place because of his recent poor performances. When Mushtaq was reappointed I straightaway went to PCB and questioned how they could keep a "dubious character" in seat. Shoaib, everyone knows, is in league with bookmakers." Sarfraz said, so powerful were the bookmakers that they were actually helping appoint coaches, managers, selectors and even board officials in different countries.
I think it is time Sarfraz got himself some security. I can't predict if he is speaking the truth or not but he is exposing himself by making all these noises. Also to blame the players on hearsay is not good for him or for the sport.

Re: Woolmer murdered? Murder Suspected in Woolmer DeathTue, Mar 20, '07 The investigation into Bob Woolmer's sudden death has taken a frightening turn with reports suggesting the Pakistan coach may have been murdered. CaribbeanCricket.com has confirmed that West Indies cricketers were told to stay indoors and keep their room doors locked as a result of new information from law enforcement that Woolmer may have been killed at the hands of an attacker. Mark Shields, the deputy commissioner of police, told a news conference in Jamaica late Tuesday that the death is being treated as "suspicious." "Having met with the pathologists, our medical personnel and investigators, there is now sufficient information to continue a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Mr Woolmer, which we are now treating as suspicious," Shields added. Pakistan team spokesman Pervez Mir was even more blunt: "The police suspect that Woolmer may have been murdered. They have started an investigation." http://caribbeancricket.com/news/2007/03/20/2356