DirecTV CricketPlus

Inside_edge

Re: DirecTV CricketPlus wow, slingbox sounds amazing. It sounds a little dicey setting it up in India though. I was looking through the forums, some stuff I dug up: 1. http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/13238 -- apparently, there is a uk version which supports PAL, while the US one only supports NTSC. I don't know how dated the article is. -- someone else says that the slingbox NTSC will work with PAL signals, but cut out bottom 15% of the screen (there goes the scorecard :)). Alternatively, you can buy one for PAL from amazon.co.uk (or use a vcr as a pal-ntsc converter) 2. Minimum ~200-300Kbps upload speed for non-choppy video (audio will still stream fine at lower speeds). And for sports, people are saying ~500kbps. Are those speeds available in India? Broadband I had in Delhi was about 256/128 kbps down/up which is definitely not fast enough.

wow, slingbox sounds amazing. It sounds a little dicey setting it up in India though. I was looking through the forums, some stuff I dug up: 1. http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/13238 -- apparently, there is a uk version which supports PAL, while the US one only supports NTSC. I don't know how dated the article is. -- someone else says that the slingbox NTSC will work with PAL signals, but cut out bottom 15% of the screen (there goes the scorecard :)). Alternatively, you can buy one for PAL from amazon.co.uk (or use a vcr as a pal-ntsc converter) 2. Minimum ~200-300Kbps upload speed for non-choppy video (audio will still stream fine at lower speeds). And for sports, people are saying ~500kbps. Are those speeds available in India? Broadband I had in Delhi was about 256/128 kbps down/up which is definitely not fast enough.
Rajeev / others, Comments on 1 and 2 above>