Ranji Trophy QF preview

Gambit

You still dont realize the impact of the SRT factor' date=' do you?[/quote'] SRT, Dravid, Ganguly, Zaheer Khan - all a subset of excellent cricket players. You may have 'personal impact' and good for you - but, doesnt mean the whole world will fall head over heels for 'mere glimpse'.
SRT' date=' Dravid, Ganguly, Zaheer Khan - all a subset of excellent cricket players. You may have 'personal impact' - doesnt mean the whole world will fall head over heels for mere glimpse.[/quote'] Ganguly has already retired. I'd have thought you'd have known that. He didnt play in quarters as well, duh. And its not "personal impact" duh, it's a known fact, that SRT will increase ratings much more than Dravid, or Uthappa, or Karthik, or Balaji etc. Why am I even discussing this with you. H4te was right.:((
it only realizes rajni factor impact :giggle:
nope, i am not crazy abt rajni. certainly some of his movies are great entertainment to watch. but thats abt it. any other thing abt him is more a light hearted saying. It is certainly great to watch SRT or any other really good Indian cricketer on song - there are some SRT specials like the beautiful straight drives, and cover drive off the backfoot etc. However some seem to infer the man himself has a mystical aura beyond and above his cricket. Thats what is a bit too hyped up. Not the cricket aspect.
nope, i am not crazy abt rajni. certainly some of his movies are great entertainment to watch. but thats abt it. any other thing abt him is more a light hearted saying. It is certainly great to watch SRT or any other really good Indian cricketer on song - there are some SRT specials like the beautiful straight drives, and cover drive off the backfoot etc. However some seem to infer the man himself has a mystical aura beyond and above his cricket. Thats what is a bit too hyped up. Not the cricket aspect.
people are just stating the obvious but you dont seem to get it :P
SRT' date= Dravid, Ganguly, Zaheer Khan - all a subset of excellent cricket players. You may have 'personal impact' and good for you - but, doesnt mean the whole world will fall head over heels for 'mere glimpse'.
:wall::wall: How can you seriously compare Tendulkar's cricketing achievements, impact, and popularity to anyone in that list?
SRT' date=' Dravid, Ganguly, Zaheer Khan - all a subset of excellent cricket players. [b']You may have 'personal impact' and good for you - but, doesnt mean the whole world will fall head over heels for 'mere glimpse'.
Does nearly 20 years of staying at the top and contributing to victories for any team he's played for mean anything to you ? C'mon. His 'bigger than life' image is justified.
Does nearly 20 years of staying at the top and contributing to victories for any team he's played for mean anything to you ? C'mon. His 'bigger than life' image is justified.
Ofcourse his accomplishments are legendary and he deserves accolades for that - I just think that some folks are going over the top. In fact, I think SRT has to be appreciated for keeping his sanity and balance and his feet firmly on the ground- despite so many folks who are inebriated with celebrity starry-eyedness and putting him way high on some Brihadeeswara temple* (*ps: for those who dont recognize, u can click the link: one of the tallest amongst the kind in the world, and a very famous one)
Ofcourse his accomplishments are legendary and he deserves accolades for that - I just think that some folks are going over the top. In fact' date=' [b']I think SRT has to be appreciated for keeping his sanity and balance and his feet firmly on the ground- despite so many folks who are inebriated with celebrity starry-eyedness and putting him way high on some Brihadeeswara temple* (*ps: for those who dont recognize, u can click the link: one of the tallest amongst the kind in the world, and a very famous one)
So then you would understand why he's a notch higher than Zaheer, Dravid, and Ganguly. - And also why Mumbai vs. Saurashtra game would be showed.
But history will point to the fact that he has been an exceptional legend in Indian cricket.
Absolutely.
He is as much a legend as SRT
No. Like it or not, Dravid will always remain in the tier below SRT Dravid will belong to the tier containing Waugh, Gavaskar, etc Sachin will belong to the tier containing Bradman, Richards, etc
WTH! Now' date=' even Gavaskar is not in the top tier! Why!? Just cos of ODIs!?[/quote'] Top tier only has 3-4 players. SRT, Bradman, IVAR, and Sobers. Gavaskar, Lara, Ponting etc are below this top tier. Why? Because their impact on the game hasnt been close to the impact these 4 have had.

as much of a dravid fan i am.. dravid is not equal to sachin at all.. especially after seeing the great fall of the wall last 2 years..while sachin STILL keeps going If sachin would have been still playing like dravid last 2 years, we all know fools like whiney would never stfu about him being selfish and playing for stats etc.. as for sachin>SG... lame comparison, they played in different era's, SG was one of the best in his era, SRT best in his..