Gilchrist proposes a Waugh-Tendulkar Cup

Kartikey

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/133139.html Adam Gilchrist has proposed that India and Australia play each on January 26 in what he said should be called the Waugh-Tendulkar cup. January 26 is India's Republic Day, and is also celebrated as Australia Day, which makes it a big occasion for both countries. "Given the passion for the game in the two countries," Gilchrist told the Press Trust of India, "I think it is a good idea to have a cricket match on this day. It could be an annual affair or once in two years or probably once in four years to start with." Gilchrist proposed that just as the Test series between the two nations was named after two great players - the Gavaskar-Border Trophy - this could be named after two active icons of the game - Steve Waugh and Sachin Tendulkar. He said that it would be a great way to pay tribute to these two players. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OK, its an old article but I think Gilchrist makes a good point.
First ask them to respect our country and our players. Ask them to stop sledging' date=' whining, taking a dig at our players in their books and everything they do before, during and after a test series defeat to India. After that we can think of a series like that[/quote'] Nah i'm fine with sledging..if you noticed,when the series is played in a quiet and subdued atmoshere we tend to lose!! Guys like Bhajji and co. need the adrenalin to be pumping to get them going:D
Nah i'm fine with sledging..if you noticed' date='when the series is played in a quiet and subdued atmoshere we tend to lose!! Guys like Bhajji and co. need the adrenalin to be pumping to get them going:D[/quote'] Yeah - Its good to see guys like Bajji, Yuvi, Gambo pumped up. But the Aussies take it to a different level, where they abuse our guys (dont know what is said - but am sure they must be quite humiliating) instigating our guys to do something funny and get banned. Aussie sledging is not just aimed at getting on your nerves to get you out. Their mission is accomplished only when the player concerned gets a ban, especially they target the ones in form who will make a difference to the series. Like they did to Bajji and Gambo. Thats what gets me sick and mad.
Yeah - Its good to see guys like Bajji' date=' Yuvi, Gambo pumped up. But the Aussies take it to a different level, where they abuse our guys (dont know what is said - but am sure they must be quite humiliating) instigating our guys to do something funny and get banned. Aussie sledging is not just aimed at getting on your nerves to get you out. Their mission is accomplished only when the player concerned gets a ban, especially they target the ones in form who will make a difference to the series. Like they did to Bajji and Gambo. Thats what gets me sick and mad.[/quote'] Agreed.Little bit of discretion is necessary on our part.
having said that' date='ponting is on 37 hundreds,desperately close to sachin.i'm getting worried now:nervous:[/quote'] I think if Sachin keeps one foot on the accelerator for some time, he will be out of Ponting's reach. Thats the law of the jungle. An animal allows another hostile one to come close to him only as long as he knows that it can out run or kill the rival.
^ Guys..no point worrying about the record.Inevitably Ponting will break it.Whats important is nobody in their right mind will pick Ponting as the better batsman of the two.
Why is it inevitable?? Sachin is only elder to ponting by 1 and half years. If Sachin can keep up his batting like this year, the gap is only going to increase what with the added pressure for aus captaincy.

Well, I don't know if you can really call him out of form. He has been found out by a few bowlers this year...otherwise he has been playing well...his shots, like yesterday are still fluent and he has looked to be in good nick throughout the year. I have not seen him struggle aside from his usual period at the start of the innings or when good bowlers are giving him a working over, like Ishant.