The official dethroning and passing of the baton....

thats an over optimistic awwsiiee ... well atleast he lives thr !!!
I don't support the Oz team because I don't like their arrogance and sledging...and I almost always take the underdogs side and the Aus team have been dominant for too long. However, I know the Aussies will not go down without a struggle...wait and see...(they better, otherwise I will be PWNED by you blokes)
I don't support the Oz team because I don't like their arrogance and sledging...and I almost always take the underdogs side and the Aus team have been dominant for too long. However, I know the Aussies will not go down without a struggle...wait and see...
Lee with a 5 wicket haul ... atleast it will help my SS team ... but saffies to win

To be fair to Punter...I had called into question his batsmanship by saying that it would be revealed what sort of batsman he was by judging his performances in a struggling side...his batsmanship was superb...no question about it. His captaincy was shyte! And this fact is now evident to all in Australia...it's a bare fact. From fifth umpire he has become Captain Stupid. Karma is strange is it not?

End of an ERA!!! Today marks the end of an era in cricket. The era of Australian dominance has come to an end...just like the West Indian era before it. The single thing that differentiated between the two eras is this. The arrogance of the Windies was inclusive, that of Australia exclusive. People loved the Windies...people resented the arrogant swagger of the Aussies. The sledging, the so-called mental disintegration...nothing but being bullies when on top...the rank hypocrisy... It had to be defeated. And it was. India played a crucial part in all of this....in fact if you analyse it...everyhting went downhill for Oz since the Sydney test....that is where the rot set in. You could see it...the desperation in the aussies... To be a champion, you not only must embody skill in sport, but manifest the spirit of sport. I am afraid that the last 15 years of Aussie domiantion has not been beneficial to the spirit at all, despite all their self praise. Hence, this was a necessary dethronement. It has been a combined effort...India began it, and when Oz where on the mat, SA finished it off. Let the next champion carry himself not only in the physical field...but on the mental field and the field of spirit. Champ...don't you know, Billions look up to you? To the vanquished, I offer a superb song of comfort and to the next champs I offer it up as a prescience of your state if you wear not the crown well: [ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnapx502uQ]YouTube - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb Pulse 1994 (Live)[/ame]