IPL Transfers

Sachinism

That does not look like a world beating T20 to me. You still lack firepower, the killing punch. Your biggest achilles heal could your top order. Jaya is nowadays a hit-and-miss sort of player. If he delivers, he delivers magnificently, if he fails, he fails spectacularly. I’ve already articulated why Sachin is not going that big a force in T20.
Jaya was always hit and miss. Sachin is the anchor. He is more than capable of scoring at a 200 Strike rate. You are underestimating him Sriram. On the whole, I think that these 2 subs have been great for India. Think of it this way. We got Dhawan for Uthappa We got Zak for Nehra. That sounds really good IMHO

Jaya was always hit and miss. Sachin is the anchor. He is more than capable of scoring at a 200 Strike rate. You are underestimating him Sriram. On the whole, I think that these 2 subs have been great for India. Think of it this way. We got Dhawan for Uthappa We got Zak for Nehra. That sounds really good IMHO
Anchor? There’s no place for that term in T20 Holy. You’ll soon realize it. And as I said, he is capable of scoring 50 off 35 ball, but to make a winning difference in a T20 match, you need to be able to score 80 off 40 balls. I seriously doubt if Sachin has it in him to do that. Look at his recent ODI successes… None of them have been Slam-Bam-thank you Mam sorta stuff. They have all been measured, calculated innings. You’re looking the subs made in isolation. That’s a wrong approach. Overall, MI still needs more umpf.

Anchor? There’s no place for that term in T20 Holy. You’ll soon realize it. And as I said, he is capable of scoring 50 off 35 ball, but to make a winning difference in a T20 match, you need to be able to score 80 off 40 balls. I seriously doubt if Sachin has it in him to do that. Look at his recent ODI successes… None of them have been Slam-Bam-thank you Mam sorta stuff. They have all been measured, calculated innings. You’re looking the subs made in isolation. That’s a wrong approach. Overall, MI still needs more umpf.
Yes, there is room for an anchor, but the anchor must be a class player who can lift the tempo as and when it is needed. Scoring 80 off 40 balls is not a necessity. Do you think Gambhir can score a 80 off 40 balls? He is one of the most prolific T-20 players. Do you think Rohit Sharma can score a 80 of 40 balls? Yet he was Dhakkans MVP. Hussey? Ponting? You have already seen what happens when you pack your team with Gilly, Symonds, Afridi, Gibbs etc. It's the Rohit Sharma who turns out to be the MVP.

Yes' date=' there is room for an anchor, but the anchor must be a class player who can lift the tempo as and when it is needed. Scoring 80 off 40 balls is not a necessity. Do you think Gambhir can score a 80 off 40 balls? He is one of the most prolific T-20 players. Do you think Rohit Sharma can score a 80 of 40 balls? Yet he was Dhakkans MVP.[/quote'] Gambhir SR’s isn’t 200, but he compensates with his astronomical consistency. But you should go check out some of Rohit Sharma’s innings. At times, he was destructive. His problem was he wasn’t consistent enough. Did you see the 5th ODI against England recently? Sachin was all at sea, trying to force the pace. I think you’re in for a rude shock when this edition of IPL begins. Mind you, I am not saying Sachin will fail and of course, I DON’T want him to fail. But his game does not offer what T20 demands.

Gambhir SR’s isn’t 200, but he compensates with his astronomical consistency. But you should go check out some of Rohit Sharma’s innings. At times, he was destructive. His problem was he wasn’t consistent enough. Did you see the 5th ODI against England recently? Sachin was all at sea, trying to force the pace. I think you’re in for a rude shock when this edition of IPL begins. Mind you, I am not saying Sachin will fail and of course, I DON’T want him to fail. But his game does not offer what T20 demands.
Wait and watch Anna, wait and watch :--D

KP headed to bangalore according to daily mail- England's adventurers Here's where the Indian Premier League-bound players are likely to be heading and how much they are poised to earn: KEVIN PIETERSEN: Bangalore Royal Chargers, £600,000 (three weeks). ANDREW FLINTOFF: Chennai Super Kings, £500,000 (three weeks). PAUL COLLINGWOOD: Not yet known, £150,000 (three weeks). OWAIS SHAH: Not yet known, £80,000 (four weeks). RAVI BOPARA: Three unidentified clubs interested, £80,000 (four weeks). SAMIT PATEL: Delhi Daredevils, £80,000 (four weeks). DIMI MASCARENHAS (pictured): Rajasthan Royals, £80,000 (four weeks). GRAHAM NAPIER: Mumbai Indians, £60,000 (six weeks). MATT PRIOR: Entering auction, £50,000 (three weeks). IAN BELL: Entering auction, £50,000 (three weeks). LUKE WRIGHT: Mumbai Indians, £40,000 (six weeks). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1126737/Lifes-beach-England-stars-deal-agreed-Indian-summer-IPL.html great news for BRC our batting lineup looks a little bit better uthappa dravid KP ross taylor cameron white

IPL expected to rain money for Clarke Michael Clarke is expected to land up with a massive windfall if he makes himself available for the IPL auction on Feb 6. The middle-order batsman stayed away from the inaugural IPL season due to personal commitments and is drawing major interest from the franchisees. "I think Michael (Clarke) can earn anywhere between USD 750,000 to USD 850,000 a season," said player agent Neil Maxwell, who recently stood down as chief executive of Kings XI Punjab. "Michael will be attractive. He's a very versatile cricketer. He can bat, he can bowl and he's a brilliant fielder," he was quoted as saying by 'The Sunday Telegraph'. Haddin, Tait in high demand Besides Clarke, wicketkeeper Brad Haddin and speedster Shaun Tait too are in high demand, the newspaper reported. It meanwhile said that IPL franchisees could demand the team's top stars make themselves available for the business end of the tournament. "The demand follows an amended ICC playing schedule that will now see the likes of Ricky Ponting and Andrew Symonds travel from Australia's series against Pakistan straight to India without a break ahead of Australia's tour to England," it said. The second edition of the IPL will be held between April 10 and May 24 while Australia's tour of Pakistan, expected to be shifted to a neutral venue, is set to be held between April 19 and May 10.
http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/indian-premier-league/news/detail/item191247/IPL-expected-to-rain-money-for-Clarke/