India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions BTW, 4th-5th bowler eg. Maharoof need to be targetted and CARTED! Classy-Vaasy and Slinger-Malinger will come at us in the first 10: I think Malinger will be destroyed by one of Uthappa or Sehwag. SRT, Dravid need to be around to deal with Murali. And we're home. They're good at spin, and our pacers are crap.But judging by the BD game, aside from Jaya, SL doesn't have any big hitters -- Gangs and Tendlya's Dibbly-dobblies medium pace is incredibly hard to get away without real power, and I think we can get get them there.

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions The only change I would think of is replacing Kumble with Bhajji..heck even that Bermuda motu played kumble comfortably...I'm not convinced about Pathan at all...Uthappa seems to be a better gamble for the big game.Most importantly...either batting first or second someone at the top(Uthappa/Sehwag) needs to attack....no brain dead stonewalling like the last game please....

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions On second thoughts we dont really need a spinner, and if there is something in the wicket go for all out pace attack with the part timers providing the spin option. But dont play Kumble against SL. All their batsmen play him like bread and butter. So the toss up to be between Sreesanth and Harbhajan. I would keep both Sehwag and Uthappa. Both have the ability to unsettle Vaas.

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions Playing 5 bowlers is amounting to suicide. Our batting can be incredibly brittle on occasions. I will play 7 batsmen every day of the week. My only change would be to drop Bhajji(difficult for me as I'm a big fan) and bring in Sreesanth. A 4 man pace attack will be more than a handful for the Lankans. It was pace that undid their batting lineup in the 2003 world cup. My team: Uthappa Ganguly Sehwag Sachin Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Sreesanth Agarkar Zaheer Munaf Open with Sreesanth and Zaheer. Aggy 1st change.

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions

Playing 5 bowlers is amounting to suicide. Our batting can be incredibly brittle on occasions. I will play 7 batsmen every day of the week. My only change would be to drop Bhajji(difficult for me as I'm a big fan) and bring in Sreesanth. A 4 man pace attack will be more than a handful for the Lankans. It was pace that undid their batting lineup in the 2003 world cup. My team: Uthappa Ganguly Sehwag Sachin Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Sreesanth Agarkar Zaheer Munaf
I am willing to go with that as well. No love for Karthik?

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions MY XI vs SL 1. Uthappa 2. Ganguly 3. Sehwag 4. Tendulkar 5. Dravid 6. Yuvraj Singh 7. Dhoni 8. Harbhajan 9. Agarkar 10. Zaheer 11. Munaf Dhoni and Yuvraj can be floated to 3/4/5 based on situation.

you're calling sreesanth wayward' date=' and you would rather have "5 good balls and a boundary" bhau playing?[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I didn't know he is called by that title as well.. :hic:

Re: India Vs. Sri Lanka -- Pregame Strategy/Teams/Predictions Weather really is the concern more than anything else. It is going to rain afternoon on Friday. I think if all goes well, we should bat first and let SL worry about D/L crap and take the tension. I think 4 seamers will be a good plan. I cross my fingers and wait :doh: .

No pathan plz DId you see how Jaysurya hit Syed Rasal's 115 kph lollipops - we cant throw Pathan at this guy the whole momentum might change in one bad over. we can get to the right combo by elimination - no pathan, no straight stuff (read Kumble), no erratic stuff (read Sreesanth) and no tweener of a batsman (Karthick)

>Realistically are we 100% going to progress if we beat SL? yes 100%, commentator know jack$hit about statistics..
Ok thanks! I always find that the commys are clueless hence don't talk about NRR in detail :hic: :hic: