Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan.

gator

Re: Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan.

Keeping the religious sensibilities in mind' date=' how about India vs Asuras? :hic:[/quote'] Racist and demeaning.
why so? why are we being so super sensitive? Some harmless humor is not going to kill anyone :huh:

Keeping the religious sensibilities in mind' date=' how about India vs Asuras? :hic:[/quote'] Racist and demeaning.
why so? why are we being so super sensitive? Some harmless humor is not going to kill anyone :huh:
I am putting myself in a Lankan shoe. Would you jokingly be liked to referred to as "brown nigg*r" by a white person ?? Same logic applies. If we want other races to respect us we have shown respect as well.

wen we call the aussies convicts.... i dont see u raise an issue with that......
Well I certainly won't condone that. There is a lot of racism from Indian folks. We certainly need to avoid that if we don't lwant to be victims of it yourselves.
Guest dada_rocks

Just playing devil's advocate......Isn't calling Lankans RAVANA or ASURA racist in this day and age. I mean you are equating them with demons. That way Ramayana may have been a racist portrayal of the Lankans. Actually Michael Madhusudan Dutta who wrote the sonet "Meghnad Badh" had a similar argument close to 200 years ago.
we are equating them with one of the most learned brahmin ever born

Just playing devil's advocate......Isn't calling Lankans RAVANA or ASURA racist in this day and age. I mean you are equating them with demons. That way Ramayana may have been a racist portrayal of the Lankans. Actually Michael Madhusudan Dutta who wrote the sonet "Meghnad Badh" had a similar argument close to 200 years ago.
I am SURE Valmiki did not write Ramayana intending to hail Ravana, Indrajeet and the Asuras in a positive light! After all they are the demons and stole Sita!

Re: Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan. Yep they have our SITA ( the World Cup).. and we are sending the Vanara Sena ( Dhoni, Uthappa ,Sreesanth etc ) along with Rama , Lakshmana ( Tendu, Dravid ) and Jambavantha ( Ganguly).... Do you have any problems Danda... FFS Sri Lanka is the worst enemy for tomorrow for Billions

Yep they have our SITA ( the World Cup).. and we are sending the Vanara Sena ( Dhoni, Uthappa ,Sreesanth etc ) along with Rama , Lakshmana ( Tendu, Dravid ) and Jambavantha ( Ganguly)....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yep they have our SITA ( the World Cup).. and we are sending the Vanara Sena ( Dhoni, Uthappa ,Sreesanth etc ) along with Rama , Lakshmana ( Tendu, Dravid ) and Jambavantha ( Ganguly).... Do you have any problems Danda... FFS Sri Lanka is the worst enemy for tomorrow for Billions
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Guest dada_rocks

I am SURE Valmiki did not write Ramayana intending to hail Ravana, Indrajeet and the Asuras in a positive light! After all they are the demons and stole Sita!
Balmiki is reporter what he wanted or didn't want is moot.

Yep they have our SITA ( the World Cup).. and we are sending the Vanara Sena ( Dhoni, Uthappa ,Sreesanth etc ) along with Rama , Lakshmana ( Tendu, Dravid ) and Jambavantha ( Ganguly).... Do you have any problems Danda... FFS Sri Lanka is the worst enemy for tomorrow for Billions
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OK I rest my case

Yep they have our SITA ( the World Cup).. and we are sending the Vanara Sena ( Dhoni' date=' Uthappa ,Sreesanth etc ) along with Rama , Lakshmana ( Tendu, Dravid ) and Jambavantha ( Ganguly).... [/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Thats exactly why I made the thread title, for Humous I swear I will never ever make any such thread remotely close...ungli kya di, pura haath pakad liya idhar But good experience

Yep they have our SITA ( the World Cup).. and we are sending the Vanara Sena ( Dhoni' date=' Uthappa ,Sreesanth etc ) along with Rama , [b']Lakshmana ( Tendu, Dravid ) and Jambavantha ( Ganguly).... Do you have any problems Danda... FFS Sri Lanka is the worst enemy for tomorrow for Billions
No Lakshman this time! But add Sehwag to the list of kapis in vanar sena :hic:

I am putting myself in a Lankan shoe. Would you jokingly be liked to referred to as "brown nigg*r" by a white person ?? Same logic applies. If we want other races to respect us we have shown respect as well.
I dont think Lankans and Indians belong to different races - different religions maybe! You are entitled to your opinion, but I dont think its offensive - especially in the context of the match tomorrow - its not as if all Lankans are my jaani dushman. It cannot be equated to calling some colored person (brown or black) a nigger by a white guy. Asuras were not enslaved for 400 years or colonized/raped/looted or tortured by Indians. So there is no historical baggage of pain or humiliation associated with it. :shrug: