Asif gets one-year IPL ban

Guest Hiten.

And overall stats b/w Pakistan and India is what I like. :two_thumbs_up:
Means little unless youre a pedant of history. Heck I love the way the Marathas kicked Mughal ass. FACT: The Indian team RIGHT NOW is more marketable, better able, of much better caliber, of much better ability and are infinitely more cohesive than your weak little Pak outfit, last but not least the stupid shenanigans are absent and India is led by a true leader who commands far better respect than rag tag you bring along. Now lets watch you bring Imran.......
(Not sure about stats thought..i am lazy to go on cricinfo statguru so all are my estimation..) Test pak won 12 india won 10 --------- Pak was playing with 13 player including 2 empier One day.... India has win percentage around 42 and pak has 65 or something. It goes 1 plus point for pak. But in world cup, you sucks ... 7 - 0 ...... ODI's most imp WC matches you lost. india 1 plus T20 - india alrady had 1 plus point .. All over..take a chill pill:finger: about history.
ahmm excuses, excuses, excuses! I like the logic of nothing else matter other thn the World Cup matches. It's not like you guys went on to win the world cup 6 times. :haha: and for your info. I didn't drag this history topic, some other people just like to pull legs for no apparent reason without looking into historic figures. :winky:
ahmm excuses, excuses, excuses! I like the logic of nothing else matter other thn the World Cup matches. It's not like you guys went on to win the world cup 6 times. :haha: and for your info. I didn't drag this history topic, some other people just like to pull legs for no apparent reason without looking into historic figures. :winky:
India won world cup only one. So did pak.. India beat pak 6 times .. :hatsoff: In overall ODI pak won more matches then india. WC when ODI matters the most pak lost every match to india.. I feel like whenever pak fans are loosing debates they bring back the past glories to divert their recent failure against india. I dont care about history.. This thread is about asif . And i hope he will get punishment for whatever he did.

The fact that Pakistan has an edge in over all statistics against India is going to prove bad for them now. Because now, at the time of difficulty, you will find fans, players as well as authorities take shelter in history. The first sign of a team's downfall is when the fans talk more about history and less about present. Something that is starting to happen to the Australians. Pakistani fans these days take pleasure in remembering the good old days. Remembering the past. Remembering how they used to win matches...especially against India. They remember how Afridi used to score (he has been in the team for those one or two occasions when he scored), they get happy calling him a beast. They remember how Akhtar bowled Sachin and Dravid in quick succession. They remember how Asif bowled to various good batsmen. They fantasize about AAG attack which never was a reality and never will be. Come back to reality and you have nothing. Because the good old days are over. Afridi has converted into a retard and a hypocrite, Akhtar and Asif have turned out to be druggies and are finished. Your entire team and board is busy fighting and losing matches. And unless you come back to reality, your cricket will only go downwards.

The fact that Pakistan has an edge in over all statistics against India is going to prove bad for them now. Because now, at the time of difficulty, you will find fans, players as well as authorities take shelter in history. The first sign of a team's downfall is when the fans talk more about history and less about present. Something that is starting to happen to the Australians. valid point +1 :hatsoff: Pakistani fans these days take pleasure in remembering the good old days. Remembering the past. Remembering how they used to win matches...especially against India. They remember how Afridi used to score (he has been in the team for those one or two occasions when he scored), they get happy calling him a beast. They remember how Akhtar bowled Sachin and Dravid in quick succession. They remember how Asif bowled to various good batsmen. They fantasize about AAG attack which never was a reality and never will be. Come back to reality and you have nothing. Because the good old days are over. Afridi has converted into a retard and a hypocrite, Akhtar and Asif have turned out to be druggies and are finished. Your entire team and board is busy fighting and losing matches. And unless you come back to reality, your cricket will only go downwards.
The fact is that PCB is clueless. They are trusting still trying flop players from years now. And that is good thing. I seriously dont mind if afridi slams one good knock in 20 matches against us. At least that scores counts him for another 10 matches .. heheh.

Asif appears before PCB committee probing Dubai detention Dope-tainted pacer Mohammad Asif has appeared before a Pakistan Cricket Board committee probing his 19-day detention in Dubai last June for possession of opium. More... Asif appears before PCB committee probing Dubai detention Press Trust Of India Karachi, January 30, 2009 First Published: 23:39 IST(30/1/2009) Last Updated: 23:40 IST(30/1/2009) Dope-tainted pacer Mohammad Asif has appeared before a Pakistan Cricket Board committee probing his 19-day detention in Dubai last June for possession of opium. The three-member inquiry committee held its first meeting yesterday in Lahore in which they recorded the statement of Asif who is presently suspended from playing any cricket because of his positive dope test during the Indian Premier League last year. "Asif gave his statement and produced documents indicating he had a visa to visit Dubai and negating reports he couldn't travel to Dubai again after he was deported following his detention last year," PCB chief operating officer Saleem Altaf said. He said the inquiry committee would meet again on February 6 to reach a decision and recommend it to the board Chairman Ejaz Butt. According to details, the board has already obtained a report on the incidents leading upto and during Asif's detention in Dubai from a law firm in Dubai. Asif was released from detention without the public prosecutor filing criminal charges against the pacer for possession of of 0.24 grams of opium. The prosecutor described the quantity of opium found in Asif's possession as not significant enough to warrant a criminal case. An Indian Premier League official also confirmed that the IPL drugs inquiry tribunal that is looking into the pacer bowler's failed dope test will give its verdict on February 1. "They are studying the entire case and Asif's statement and defense and are likely to give a verdict by February 1," he said.

Pakistani fast bowler Mohammad Asif has confirmed that the IPL drugs tribunal has handed him a one-year ban. Asif was found guilty of using a banned substance during the first edition of the IPL while playing for the Delhi Daredevils. The ban from the IPL itself counts for little as Asif had withdrawn his contract with the Dardevils recently. But the decision to find Asif guilty could have repercussions on his playing career for Pakistan. He is already serving a PCB ban for another drug offence. Since Asif has now been found guilty of a dugs charge thrice, Asif could face further action from the ICC as well. Asif did admit to using a banned substance during his hearing but said he had done it by mistake. The ban will be effective from September 2008. ---- He wasn't gonna play IPL anyway, PCB aren't going to take it further, so he got away AGAIN

Asif gets one-year IPL ban Pakistani pacer Mohammad Asif was on Friday banned for one year by the Indian Premier League (IPL) for a positive dope test. More... Asif gets one-year IPL ban Karachi (IANS): Pakistani pacer Mohammad Asif was on Friday banned for one year by the Indian Premier League (IPL) for a positive dope test. Asif's agent Salman Ahmed confirmed the ban and said Asif will now concentrate on his training in a bid to play for Pakistan later this year. Asif has been banned for a year, starting from September 15, 2008, which means he would be eligible to play international cricket ahead of the ICC Champions Trophy, which is scheduled in Pakistan from September 24. Asif, 26, tested positive for banned anabolic steroid nandrolone in the inaugural season of the IPL last May. He had attended a hearing conducted in Mumbai on Saturday by the IPL drugs tribunal wherein the player claimed that a new eyedrop he used was the reason for the rise in the nandrolone level. He blamed Keratyl eyedrop medication for the positive test and hoped that the verdict will go his way. "The tribunal has accepted that it was the eye drops, which I used contained nandrolone," he had told reporters on his return to Karachi earlier this week. However, the IPL tribunal was apparently not convinced. Asif also tested positive for nandrolone during the 2006 ICC Champions Trophy in India. His agent said Asif remains focused in spite of the ban and will be training in the coming months to get fit for national duty. However, Asif has another hurdle in the way of his comeback. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is probing Asif's 19-day detention in Dubai in June. The player was caught at the Dubai airport with a small quantity of opium and was detained there before being deported to Pakistan. He appeared before a three-man inquiry committee formed by the PCB to probe the Dubai detention case. The probe committee, headed by former Pakistan Test wicketkeeper Waseem Bari, heard Asif's side of the story during its first meeting at the PCB headquarters in Lahore on Thursday. The committee will meet again on February 6 before submitting its recommendations to PCB chairman Ijaz Butt.

"Asif has been banned for a year, starting from September 15, 2008" What the ****? A ban starts when it's implemented - this retrospective thing to give him just another 6 month slap on the wrist is ****ing ridiculous.
That whole thing was a joke anyway. The guy should've been banned for at least 5 years.
Don't worry...a year from now, Asif will still be taking opium, marijuana, cocaine, ice, crack...through eye-drops of course...so another ban will come along... And when I first saw him bowl I thought he had a great future ahead of him.
So did his lawyer think the same about himself..:giggle: