Haddin appeals for bowled having his gloves in front of the stumps - Video added

Enjoy the irony: JOHN TOWNSEND - Haddin joins Chappells in hall of infamy How the Kiwis must be rejoicing. Not only have they knocked off Australia on the last ball of the one-dayer in Perth but, joy of joys, they also have another villain to add to the Anzac sporting hall of infamy. Trevor Chappell is the patron, of course, and will remain so for eternity. Underarm bowling has that sort of lasting quality. Greg Dyer is a vice-patron after claiming a catch off Andrew Jones in the Test match at the MCG in 1987-88. That final replay, the one that shows Dyer clearly searching for the ball on the ground after all the other camera angles had proved inconclusive, remains one of the most chilling examples of the genre. Greg Chappell also gets an honorable mention, not just for ordering Trev to roll away but also for the earlier incident in the match when he refused to accept Martin Snedden’s word that an outfield catch had carried. And now Brad Haddin has entered the hall. Exactly 28 years to the day since the underarm incident, Haddin has ensured his name will always be known in New Zealand for his assistance in getting Michael Clarke a bowled decision against Neil Broom. Keepers can help bowlers in lots of ways apart from the standard catches and stumpings but tickling the bails before the ball has arrived is one of the less orthodox versions. It may also lead to hurt feelings, as Kiwi captain Daniel Vettori expressed shortly after the match. “From Haddin’s reaction, he knew something was wrong,” Vettori said. “He should have made more noise about it.” Ricky Ponting immediately bit back, saying Vettori had accused Haddin of cheating. “He had better make sure he is 100 per cent right before he comes out and makes those sort of statements,” Ponting said. “He is basically saying he is a cheat.” But the Aussie skipper then added a quite remarkable comment. “That is a bit strong unless they are 100 per cent certain,” Ponting said. Does that mean he believes it is OK for Vettori to say Haddin is a cheat as long as there is evidence to support his view? And if there is evidence, won’t that require fairly strong disciplinary action? You can’t have cheats in cricket. And you certainly can’t have them if they get caught. That defeats the purpose. Ponting also said something else peculiar that makes you wonder what Haddin thought happened out there. “Out on the field at the time, Brad was certain the ball had flicked the top of the off stump,” Ponting said. But why would Haddin even mention it? A batsman getting bowled doesn’t usually precipitate a discussion about whether the ball actually struck the stumps. That is a given. Such a comment may well indicate that the keeper, at some level, had had some doubt about the legitimacy of the dismissal. And if that is the case, Vettori could rightfully question why he had not raised it at the time. Still, that would have ruled him out from joining the Chappells and Greg Dyer in his own special place in New Zealand hearts. http://blogs.thewest.com.au/news/john-townsend-haddin-joins-chappells-in-hall-of-infamy/

“Out on the field at the time, Brad was certain the ball had flicked the top of the off stump,” Ponting said. But why would Haddin even mention it? A batsman getting bowled doesn’t usually precipitate a discussion about whether the ball actually struck the stumps. That is a given. Such a comment may well indicate that the keeper, at some level, had had some doubt about the legitimacy of the dismissal.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

more

THE war of words between Australia and New Zealand continued as wicketkeeper Brad Haddin hit back at Kiwi skipper Daniel Vettori. Vettori stopped just short of calling Haddin a cheat following NZ's two-wicket victory on Sunday. Vettori was angry that Haddin remained silent when Neil Broom was given out bowled to Michael Clarke, despite replays indicating Haddin's gloves knocked off the bails. “I think you saw from Haddin's reaction that he knew something was wrong so he probably should have made more noise about it,'' Vettori said after the match. But Haddin fired back, claiming he was sure the ball hit the stumps first before his gloves made contact with the woodwork. “I'm pretty disappointed in Dan that he didn't have the decency to come and speak to me after the game if he had an issue with it rather than air his thoughts in a press conference,'' Haddin said. “I think the polite or the decent thing to do would be to come and ask me. “He's played a lot of cricket now and he knows too well what happens with these situations, so I thought it was a bit low. “I think it's quite poor. “I was unaware at the time my hands were in front of the stumps. “After looking at the replay (I realise) my hands were in front of the stumps but the ball, I'm 100 per cent positive, hit the bails first and then came up into my gloves.''
Yes it was very very dubious' date=' at least nowadays it gets highlighted. Ray Jordon was very lucky to escape 40 years ago with something more flagrant against Prasanna in India[b']. Ball bounced of his leg and he claimed bowled!!!! http://monkeyatthecricket.blogspot.com/2009/02/haddin-and-jordon.html
thts called leg before wicket.. in short they call lbw.. if incase u dont know abt tht.. havent they taught abt this yet in china??? maybe u shud come to india..

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the benefit of the doubt should be given to Haddin, as in real time, it did look as if the batsman was bowled. It was only after a dozen or so replays later, and that in super slow and zoom - in mode, it was established that the bails were knocked out by Haddin's gloves. It could've been a simple, honest mistake, but as this is Australia and given their poor reputation and people's love to hate mentality, one can't pass up an opportunity to give the Aussie team, already down in the dumps, a hard time If you want to see cheating, check out Rashid Latif's take versus Bangladesh in a test match. Not only did this shameless, low - life bugger clearly fluffed the catch, he than picks it up off the ground, all in full view of the slip cordon and the cameras, and proceeds to claim it as a legitimate catch The video should explain everything: [ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mk74srFVb4]YouTube - Rashid Latif blatant Cheating Pak v Bangladesh[/ame] Apparently this guy is considered a national hero in Pakistan. To cheat in a test match, and that too against Bangladesh, ..........., geez

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the benefit of the doubt should be given to Haddin, as in real time, it did look as if the batsman was bowled. It was only after a dozen or so replays later, and that in super slow and zoom - in mode, it was established that the bails were knocked out by Haddin's gloves. It could've been a simple, honest mistake, but as this is Australia and given their poor reputation and people's love to hate mentality, one can't pass up an opportunity to give the Aussie team, already down in the dumps, a hard time If you want to see cheating, check out Rashid Latif's take versus Bangladesh in a test match. Not only did this shameless, low - life bugger clearly fluffed the catch, he than picks it up off the ground, all in full view of the slip cordon and the cameras, and proceeds to claim it as a legitimate catch The video should explain everything: YouTube - Rashid Latif blatant Cheating Pak v Bangladesh Apparently this guy is considered a national hero in Pakistan. To cheat in a test match, and that too against Bangladesh, ..........., geez
u r missing the tree for the woods. Haddin or any cricketer even in grade cricket would be 100% aware that -his gloves had disturbed the bails, the ball has safely lodged in side the gloves, the ball did not touch the bail or the top of the stu,p, the batsman did not go out of the crease, so no question of stumping".- this is basic. now tell me what was he doing when Clarke was celebrating the 'wicket"? it is plain cheating out of greediness or stupidity or dishonesty. for a minute he must have been under the illusion that he can get away with it. so, he kept quiet and acted unsportsmanlike. later he realised that the cameras would have caught him pants down, so he attempted an explanation. he is a cheat. shud be banned.let us see what happens and how the ICC Referee sets an example for the millions of youngsters watching the game!!!
u r missing the tree for the woods. Haddin or any cricketer even in grade cricket would be 100% aware that -his gloves had disturbed the bails, the ball has safely lodged in side the gloves, the ball did not touch the bail or the top of the stu,p, the batsman did not go out of the crease, so no question of stumping".- this is basic. now tell me what was he doing when Clarke was celebrating the 'wicket"? it is plain cheating out of greediness or stupidity or dishonesty. for a minute he must have been under the illusion that he can get away with it. so, he kept quiet and acted unsportsmanlike. later he realised that the cameras would have caught him pants down, so he attempted an explanation. he is a cheat. shud be banned.let us see what happens and how the ICC Referee sets an example for the millions of youngsters watching the game!!!
As much as I love to hate this Australian cricket team, .... , and believe me, there's none greater a guilty pleasure than watching the aussies fail cricket wise, I think Haddin deserves the benefit of the doubt. The bloke has just started his international career, and amidst all this kangaroo bashing, people could be easily overlooking the fact that it could be a honest mistake made in the spur of the moment Irrespective of the fines / bans, theres nothing worse for a talented cricketer just setting foot on the international stage to be branded a cheat, based on well, ....... questionable evidence. Sure it shows that his gloves knocked off the bail, but it's difficult to prove he did that on purpose. Either way, this slur would hound him for the rest of his life
As much as I love to hate this Australian cricket team' date=' .... , and believe me, there's none greater a guilty pleasure than watching the aussies fail cricket wise, [b']I think Haddin deserves the benefit of the doubt. The bloke has just started his international career, and amidst all this kangaroo bashing, people could be easily overlooking the fact that it could be a honest mistake made in the spur of the moment Irrespective of the fines / bans, theres nothing worse for a talented cricketer just setting foot on the international stage to be branded a cheat, based on well, ....... questionable evidence. Sure it shows that his gloves knocked off the bail, but it's difficult to prove he did that on purpose. Either way, this slur would hound him for the rest of his life
why does he deserve the benefit of doubt?? then can we also give the benefit of doubt to Asif..? cheat is a cheat... and this guy knows he collected the ball b4 the stumps and if u cant see tht.. then i cant help u ... he shud b punished pronto...

If it is not crystal f ****** clear, what I have stated is merely my opinion, so if it isn't too much to ask, please stop bombarding me with "why do you think like this" or "why don't you defend him" or the like Zubin, I've answered all your questions regarding Haddin one way or another in all of my posts. As far as Asif is concerned, I would love to see him tied to a chair and flogged / spanked till the cows home. Please don't mention Asif in the same breath as Haddin. Asif induces f ******* migraines every time he makes the news. Anyway, every international cricketer has at least one faux paus moment, so Haddin can consider this his first.