Why has Gambhir been so much more fluent playing straight down the ground in the last year?

Mr. Wicket

Arrey lets assume that it was a bad decision ... is it (in your opinion ) still worse than RD's perennial pottering at sleep inducing strike rates ? Pls note that this happens in almost all Test matches and going by no.of balls faced RD has played more Test match cricket than anyone bar Allan Border even though the no.of innings is far far lesser.
Boss, Its a TEST match. As long as he scores good amount of runs, then no problem. So what if the S/R is slow in 5 day games? (and in Tests batting out time is sometimes useful as well)

And, no I dont hate MSD. Just two things: 1. I want him to take Tests more seriously than IPL or odi, and 2. just be his own aggressive style batsman esp. when we have a good platform set by prev batsmen (MSD was such a sensation when he entered the Intl scene with his blistering power). He is another Sehwag style S/R player in ODIs. (Tests ofcourse he can bat a lot more cautiously as situation demands). (A minor third which applies to ALL national players - when possible(adequate rest needed etc sure), do turn out for domestics, it is good for cricket in the country and development of other bench strength players as well). Other than these, no hate or any such cra.p towards MSD.

I admire SRT, Dhoni et.al. Not totally crazy or anything like thinking of him as "God (of cricket or otherwise)", but still fan of them. There is only one Indian player (recent times) I dont like much, I am open about that, and that is Ganguly - it is not for lack of cricket skills (like Sir Aggy), but for different reason. I think a regime of laziness and not having to work hard was there during his time. Ofcourse, some wont agree with that and I am not going to open age old debates - too tired of that, but this laziness and playing politics behind the back of players, is why I dislike him. I respect his cricket and scoring runs, but not the rest...

peabrain enters as usual with the traditional namecalling started...can't be bothered to respond to you. only the classless nature (worse than third class) namecalling will follow' date=' been there, done that with peabrain.[/quote'] whiney, calling you whiney is not name calling. So when are you going to piss off and find another forum ? Everyone is wetting their pants in excitement.
boss bhai for tests, protecting ur wicket #1 priority. dravid more a reliable type (technically correct player), not a quick scoring type player...
When SRT does that, its called as "average boosting technique". We have a winner :hatsoff: I think we should not discuss SRT with fineleg anymore. He certainly has some sort of superiority complex. Fineleg is under impression of being the most naive, cricket buff amongst us poorly educated Indian cricket fans. This is the same reason why he is not go OTT compared to us dumbasses (who keep getting orgasms whenever SRT defends the ball with straight bat and high elbow :cantstop:). Had you been consistence with your critical approach towards Indian team, no one would "hate" you as they are right now. Problem is you are very very skeptical about SRT's failure and very forgetful about RD's failure. Therein lies the problem as you consider SRT as a human being (unlike us who consider him cricketing GOD), why have different yardstick for SRT then in the first place ?

How much influence can one man have on a team and a nation? Tendulkar's presence can have such a positive effect on the young bunch. Unbelievable. I even remember Parthiv Patel saying once how Tendulkar spent time with him in the nets giving him valuable tips on keeping. He helped him understand how batsmen react to deliveries and how he can anticipate when a thick edge might come.

Guest dada_rocks

finey knows best in certain issue on politics fpru she has similar boorish stance of due process can go to hell judiciary can go to hell i will believe what i want to...... same story at work in case of god

Guest dada_rocks
I admire SRT, Dhoni et.al. Not totally crazy or anything like thinking of him as "God (of cricket or otherwise)", but still fan of them. There is only one Indian player (recent times) I dont like much, I am open about that, and that is Ganguly - it is not for lack of cricket skills (like Sir Aggy), but for different reason. I think a regime of laziness and not having to work hard was there during his time. Ofcourse, some wont agree with that and I am not going to open age old debates - too tired of that, but this laziness and playing politics behind the back of players, is why I dislike him. I respect his cricket and scoring runs, but not the rest...
i wud have defended dada with facts but since he joined cpm so feel free to badger him:--D

The List of GOD's masterstrokes off the field is also growing.... Promoting Irfan Pathan to #3 which brought the batsman in irfan out... Suggesting Dhoni for Captaincy ( A Masterstroke in itself) Advices to Gauti.(Look at Gauti in the past year) Advices to Yuvi on Handling Mendis Guys Please add on to this never ending list of masterstrokes of GOD off the field.