What a catch!

Adam Voges took a brilliant 'thinking' catch to dismiss McCullum... Man... wat an extra ordinary thinking... Just brilliant... Hilfenhaus to BB McCullum, OUT, Superb catch! Could that be the decisive moment?? Full outside off, struck away straight to Voges at long-on, he takes it just inside the ropes but loses his balance, throws the ball up in the air to ensure he doesn't carry it over the boundary, trips on the way forward but retains his composure to pouch it comfortably back again, kept his cool throughout there and has possibly turned the match in Australia's favour here

Adam Voges took a brilliant 'thinking' catch to dismiss McCullum... Man... wat an extra ordinary thinking... Just brilliant... Hilfenhaus to BB McCullum, OUT, Superb catch! Could that be the decisive moment?? Full outside off, struck away straight to Voges at long-on, he takes it just inside the ropes but loses his balance, throws the ball up in the air to ensure he doesn't carry it over the boundary, trips on the way forward but retains his composure to pouch it comfortably back again, kept his cool throughout there and has possibly turned the match in Australia's favour here
awesome catch but this kid in icl took the better one , just like this one but way better. it was last march icl tournament.

I just saw the catch of the centurry... Adam Voges took a brilliant 'thinking' catch to dismiss McCullum... Man... wat an extra ordinary thinking... Just brilliant... Hilfenhaus to BB McCullum, OUT, Superb catch! Could that be the decisive moment?? Full outside off, struck away straight to Voges at long-on, he takes it just inside the ropes but loses his balance, throws the ball up in the air to ensure he doesn't carry it over the boundary, trips on the way forward but retains his composure to pouch it comfortably back again, kept his cool throughout there and has possibly turned the match in Australia's favour here

this is the 2nd time such a catch has been taken. oram(or was it some other nz player?) once took a catch similar to voges. took the catch but lost the balance, but then threw the ball in the air, returned from the boundary & caught it

that catch the kid was running towards the rope and not standing on the rope. i forget the player name but it was way better cuz he had to run towards the rope and right rope pushed the ball inside and jumped back to take the catch . way way tougher and presence of mind
if u r discussing about the catch by Justin Kemp, south african allrounder, who caught Mohammed Sami, running in at top speed along the boundary, produced an unvelievable twisting jump, caught the ball almost after it passed him, landed miraculously close to the ropes and barely avoided rubbing the rope? yes, that will rank in the top5 catches and a contender for the best. this one, can some one post the video plz?
Thanks Buddy. that was a terrific catch. verrrrrrrrry close to the ropes. as Dina mentioned, split second judgment in throwing the ball up, in a catchable arc, steps out and regains balance, makes the re entry, trips, recovers poise and still manages to keep moving forward,catches the ball low -coming down all the time! i have tried it in my dreams a few times, did not work out. this guy must have had fractions of a second to decide,implement a plan and achieve all the above successfully do these guys get trained for these scenarios or what! Classic stuff!!
Thanks Buddy. that was a terrific catch. verrrrrrrrry close to the ropes. as Dina mentioned, split second judgment in throwing the ball up, in a catchable arc, steps out and regains balance, makes the re entry, trips, recovers poise and still manages to keep moving forward,catches the ball low -coming down all the time! i have tried it in my dreams a few times, did not work out.this guy must have had fractions of a second to decide,implement a plan and achieve all the above successfully do these guys get trained for these scenarios or what! Classic stuff!!
:hysterical: On a serios note at the OP. I havent seen the catch that bobby is talking about, so cant compare this one with that. In my opinon this is the best catch I have ever seen in my life. I've seen those Jonty blinders, diving full stretch, taking the ball while being parallel to the ground etc. But those are all instinctive, acrobatic catches from a superbly athletic fielder. But wat Voges took today was not spectacular by any means in terms of acrobatism (both the first effort and the second effort). But I rate it higher because of the presence of mind, instead of just throwing the ball in air to avoid it being a six... he threw it up with an intention of catching it back, so he had to judge the amount of height, the parabolic path thats catchable all in a matter of 1-2 second... And finally, its even when he tripped while crossing the rops, he dint give up, kept the eyes on the ball, maintained his composure to take the catch cleanly... thats why I say its a 'thinking' catch. And since it turned the match in favor of Australia its more special... (althought I would have preferred Australia to lose).