Suresh Raina

very dissapointed in raina's batting in the world cup.I think in ODIs he should not play at 3 in the windies.he can play @4 and hopefully will work out his kinks against the short ball.
For ODIs #4 is a good position for him, and he can get to play the spinners a bit more.
very dissapointed in raina's batting in the world cup.I think in ODIs he should not play at 3 in the windies.he can play @4 and hopefully will work out his kinks against the short ball.
How many 22-year old batsmen do you know who are playing for their national team and have the perfect technique and can play every single type of delivery? Its not time to be disappointed. I'm glad that the flaws were exploited. I believe that he's a very dedicated player, and he's a class player - he'll be keen to get his skills sharpened and become a very good batsman. He has the temperament to do so. He's an exciting player to watch, so I hope that he can work with the older guys and the coaches to fix the holes that will show up as he plays more and more.
Rohit Sharma is the next Tendulkar Raina is the next Ganguly as they both can't play short pitched balls:hysterical:
Whoever comes up with these comparisons should be shot dead. Why do you want new Tendulkars and Gangulys anyway? If you want to watch them decimate attacks, go put in a DVD. Plus, it is very irrational and quite idiotic to compare young players to legends. If cricket is to evolve into a better and more attractive game, and if it will keep the interest of its fans, then new players with new techniques and better innovations will have to come to the fore. And no one can bat like Tendulkar anyway :aetsch: And we ought to be excited that our batting future looks so great with so many talented players in our talent pool.

well said Graph The same morons who are bashing him now were praising him like anything like 3 matches before Just 3 bad matches and all of a sudden he becomes a bad player..wtf He is just 22, he showed his class by his range of shots and striking ability in the past year. He is a good learner and he will sort of any chinks with short balls He is no Ganguly to be stubborn and not work on it for his whole career

ummmmm-nobody is bashing him you dolts.i was really dissapointed especially after his awesome form in the IPL.It is natural to expect more after such a good performance.noboby is calling him to be dropped or any such nonsense-jeez.
Not saying you did, but I'm saying that there need not be so much disappointment. Batsmen like Bradman and Tendulkar had weaknesses before they worked on it. Why shouldn't much younger players? And its only for the good. I'm saying look at the bright side of this.
How many 22-year old batsmen do you know who are playing for their national team and have the perfect technique and can play every single type of delivery? Its not time to be disappointed. I'm glad that the flaws were exploited. I believe that he's a very dedicated player, and he's a class player - he'll be keen to get his skills sharpened and become a very good batsman. He has the temperament to do so. He's an exciting player to watch, so I hope that he can work with the older guys and the coaches to fix the holes that will show up as he plays more and more. Whoever comes up with these comparisons should be shot dead. Why do you want new Tendulkars and Gangulys anyway? If you want to watch them decimate attacks, go put in a DVD. Plus, it is very irrational and quite idiotic to compare young players to legends. If cricket is to evolve into a better and more attractive game, and if it will keep the interest of its fans, then new players with new techniques and better innovations will have to come to the fore. And no one can bat like Tendulkar anyway :aetsch: And we ought to be excited that our batting future looks so great with so many talented players in our talent pool.
Bro you're making a bad name for Colbert Paaji, try to add a little humour in your dry comments:dance: Agree with you that no one can take Sachin's place but I think Raina has the skills and if he works hard enough he can surpass Ganguly.:--D
Guest Gunner
How many 22-year old batsmen do you know who are playing for their national team and have the perfect technique and can play every single type of delivery? Its not time to be disappointed. I'm glad that the flaws were exploited. I believe that he's a very dedicated player' date= and he's a class player - he'll be keen to get his skills sharpened and become a very good batsman. He has the temperament to do so. He's an exciting player to watch, so I hope that he can work with the older guys and the coaches to fix the holes that will show up as he plays more and more.
SRT, RSD,Phil Hughes :P :P
SRT' date=' RSD,Phil Hughes :P :P[/quote'] SRT - how many times he has been LBW trying to play the ball down the legside (ask Vass)...he still gets out like that even now RSD - debut at 23, didnt become technically perfect rightaway Phil Hughes :giggle: gimme a break
SRT - how many times he has been LBW trying to play the ball down the legside (ask Vass)...he still gets out like that even now RSD - debut at 23, didnt become technically perfect rightaway Phil Hughes :giggle: gimme a break
By that definition, one has to become impossible to get out to be considered technically perfect. I'm sure Raina will achieve that very soon.
By that definition' date=' one has to become impossible to get out to be considered technically perfect. I'm sure Raina will achieve that very soon.[/quote'] I am talking about having chinks in your technique and you refer something else..Try to read the earlier posts before hitting the Quote button I meant to say the ones referred, SRT and RSD also their lapses in technique, No one is technically perfect I am sure Raina will work out his short ball weakness and come back stronger