Suresh Raina

The guy has averaged 33 since his comeback (discounting games against Bang and the likes). Given that he has played most of his games on flat tracks, I wouldn't say that he has been very very consistent. He has struggled at the #3 position (averaging 25 whereas he averages 40+ batting 4 or later). Maybe Sachin's comeback into the ODI team will help him as he wouldn't have to bat at 3...he can be a better contributor at 5/6.

our "experts" here didnt want him in the team either about 2-3 months back.. rohit will be just like him... dravid's prediction :proud:
Why is that in every Raina thread there is mention of Rohit? Rohit doesn't even come close in terms of performance.:whack: Among our young batsman he is the one who looks like cementing the position first.
Why is that in every Raina thread there is mention of Rohit? Rohit doesn't even come close in terms of performance.:whack: Among our young batsman he is the one who looks like cementing the position first.
Both their careers have satrted same.. raina came in.. played well, then lost it..got dropped, now back again and playing aight.. same with rohit, played welll early, now lost it.. he will come back :haha: not my fault that rohit is just like you boy :P

I dont understand how one is supposed to appreciate an inning which had no impact on end result. It was a good wicket to bat on, boundary was 5 step away from pitch, apart from those occasional balls which kept low there was nothing for the bowlers, he came at 3 and with wicket falling around him it was his job to take us to a score which was atleast 1 run more than what NZ would have made; which obviously he couldnt.

I dont understand how one is supposed to appreciate an inning which had no impact on end result. It was a good wicket to bat on, boundary was 5 step away from pitch, apart from those occasional balls which kept low there was nothing for the bowlers, he came at 3 and with wicket falling around him it was his job to take us to a score which was atleast 1 run more than what NZ would have made; which obviously he couldnt.
Maybe you can appreciate the fact that if he didn't score those runs, it would have been an extremely embarrassing loss for the T20 world champions after so much hype
:hysterical::hysterical: Doesn't that read like a criticism of Sachin in the 90s. P.S: Unlike others below me, I get your sarcasm.
can i nominate this for Idiotic Post of the day??
yep cricket is really easy dude..even we can go hit sixes on that ground..so as u say we need not appreciate him at all..and ofcourse there was no pressure on him at all coz wickets were falling around him and even if he had got out he cud blame the others..so wat a stupid thread
Maybe you can appreciate the fact that if he didn't score those runs' date=' it would have been an extremely embarrassing loss for the T20 world champions after so much hype[/quote'] Aus bowled us out for 74 in a t20 game when we were champions, irfan was the only one who reach double digits SA bowled us out for 76 in a test match at home, Irfan was again the top scorer. so i should have started a irfan appreciation thread after both the games