Simon Taufel has been extremely outspoken

King

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=70649
Miandad calls on ICC to ban Broad Updated at: 1520 PST, Friday, March 06, 2009 KARACHI: Pakistan great Javed Miandad urged cricket bosses Friday to ban match official Chris Broad after he criticised security provision following the Lahore attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team. Match referee Broad said television footage of the attack showed "not a sign of a policeman anywhere," leaving him and fellow officials "sitting ducks" when armed men began shooting and throwing grenades at them on Tuesday. "We were promised high-level security and in our hour of need that security vanished," said Broad following his return to England. But Miandad, who played 124 Tests for Pakistan, criticised the comments of the former England batsman. "How can Broad, an official of the ICC (International Cricket Council), make such remarks in public? I demand from the ICC that they ban Broad for life," said Miandad, who resigned recently as director general of the Pakistan Cricket Board over differences with PCB chairman Ijaz Butt. Butt himself Thursday accused Broad, who was the ICC's match referee for the second Test between Sri Lanka and Pakistan, of lying over poor security. Miandad also accused Broad of declining to make positive comments in public about Pakistani security for the one-day series in January, in contrast to his willingness to speak out now. "I was the head of the organising committee when Broad was here for the one-day series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka and at that time he praised the security arrangements but refused to say that in public. "Broad told me that he was not supposed to talk before the media as he was an ICC official. So how can he speak to the media now?" said Miandad. "Policemen gave their lives to save the Sri Lankan team and the officials' van. If they vanished from the scene how come they were killed?" asked Miandad, also a former coach. Miandad urged Asian nations to support Pakistan in its hour of need.
"How can Broad, an official of the ICC (International Cricket Council), make such remarks in public? I demand from the ICC that they ban Broad for life,"
Because it's true you f&uckwit! P*iss off to China and coach your team. This from a man who is related to D company. The whole country is a criminal enterprise.

I agree with those that think they just wanted to scare the bejeesus out of the cricketers. * Why exactly did the attacker flee? There werent any signs of police arriving, the 2 buses were totally at their mercy , the occupants huddled on the floor. * If they found unused rocketlaunchers, chances are they could have used them once they got the bus to a standstill, they didnt. Also the 'debriefing' that occured after the incident was probably to 'tell' the driver what to say to the media. Try to make it as if it 'could' have been Indians . Isnt it weird that the sketches and the press conference alludes to the similarity with Mumbai?

Pointing finger at organisations wont help: Taufel Umpire Simon Taufel met ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat to clear the air on his going public with what happened in Lahore. More... Pointing finger at organisations wont help: Taufel 10 Mar 2009, 1915 hrs IST, IANS SYDNEY: Umpire Simon Taufel has met International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat to "clear the air" on his going public with what happened in Lahore when terrorists attacked the convoy carrying the Sri Lanka players and the match officials last week. During a two-hour meeting with Lorgat on Monday, Taufel gave a graphic description of how he lay on the floor of a mini bus along with other match officials expecting to die when they were ambushed on the way to the Gaddafi Stadium by terrorists. Taufel sought to know the import of Lorgat's comments on Sunday, suggesting Taufel and fellow umpire Steve Davis need time "to be more rational" in the wake of strong criticism by them and match referee Chris Broad on the lack of security, reports the Australian. Taufel believes the security failure was symptomatic of cricket's wider problems. "Haroon and I talked about the experience of Lahore, but more particularly we talked about the broader picture and what the ICC could do to deal with the issues involved," Taufel said. "It's got implications for how the ICC operates in future. "That was my main message to Haroon. We need to look at the lessons outside of that incident because what happened in Lahore is a symptom of how cricket is managed and operated. "The whole issue of how cricket is run needs to be looked at by the (ICC) board and the chief executives (of the 10 so-called Test playing countries). "Pointing the finger at organisations or administrators is not helpful. I'd rather work with the administrators and do everything I can to help," he said. "I offered that to Haroon. If I can be in front of directors or chief executives and put a point of view, I'm happy to do that." Taufel will visit a psychologist on Wednesday and if all is well, he and his wife, Helen, will prepare to fly to New Zealand on Monday. He is scheduled to stand in the first Test between New Zealand and India in Hamilton. They would then fly home to Australia and return to New Zealand for the third Test early next month. "We're going to make a couple of short trips to reassure the children so they will be happier than when I'm away for four and five-week stints," Taufel said. "Helen and I need to keep reassuring the kids that dad is OK and dad will come home, and Helen needs that too. "She needs constant reassurance and so does my immediate family and the people I spend a lot of time with," he said. "We want to make sure we do this right, and we don't just gloss over the fact that there's been an incident with a high degree of sensitivity and don't take people's feelings for granted. "Everyone deals with that in different ways." Taufel insisted that despite the trauma of Lahore, his main focus was helping cricket. Taufel did not ask Lorgat for any blanket assurances about safety and security in the future. "Nobody can make those guarantees," he said. "What I'm more interested in so far as match officials are concerned is that we develop a system and a process where we are a little bit more in control of our own destiny."

Sri Lankan coach backs Broad and umpires Trevor Bayliss joined Simon Taufel, Steve Davis and Chris Broad in criticising the security arrangements during the Lahore terror attack. More... Sri Lankan coach backs Broad and umpires 10 Mar 2009, 1858 hrs IST, IANS SYDNEY: Sri Lankan coach Trevor Bayliss on Tuesday joined fellow-Australians, umpires Simon Taufel and Steve Davis, and International Cricket Council (ICC) match referee England's Chris Broad in criticising the security arrangements during last week's terror attacks in Lahore. Bayliss told reporters that the two umpires and the match referee has told the truth and his remarks come just when the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has moved a censure motion against Broad at the next ICC meeting for his verbal outburst. "All Chris Broad has done and so have the other officials is tell the truth as they saw it," Bayliss said. Bayliss also sounded a warning to other sports and organisers involved with events on the subcontinent, including the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi next year. "There's some big questions to be asked by the governing bodies of all the sports, not just cricket," he said. "I think this proves if cricket, which is the number one sport basically on the subcontinent, can get hit then any sport can get hit and especially any big sporting tournaments or the Commonwealth Games." "What we saw from a terrorist point of view is they know no boundaries. Chairman of the PCB, Ejaz Butt took exception to Broad going public with his views instead of mentioning in his report. Broad told reporters in London after the March 3 ambush in Lahore that TV footage showed there was "not a sign of a policeman anywhere", leaving him and fellow officials "sitting ducks". "Security measures were certainly less than when we were there for the Asia Cup in July last and when for the ODI series only a month before the attack," Bayliss said. Talking of the difference in the level of security in the first Test in Karachi and for the second in Lahore, he said: "In Karachi we had the small trucks out in the front and some behind. We also had a truck either side of us with guys standing up through the roof with a fixed machine gun. "That wasn't there in Lahore so there was probably a little bit less in Lahore than in Karachi and definitely less than what was seen when we were there for the ODI series a month before." Bayliss also questioned the process for obtaining security advice on the subcontinent. "Here in Australia they would get independent security advice. The advice over there was I think the two governments speaking together," he said. Asked if he was angry about the situation, he said: "I suppose yes, but there's nothing I can do about it now." Bayliss, however, said most of the Sri Lankan players he had spoken to still planned to be a part of the Indian Premier League tournament in April-May. "That's more of an individual choice," he said. "I think that most of them are fairly keen that cricket must continue and that terrorism can't stop sport and they should show a united front.

I'd go back to Pakistan - Simon Taufel LEADING umpire Simon Taufel has revealed he is prepared to return to Pakistan for future cricket matches, despite nearly getting killed in a bloody terrorist attack last week. Taufel's brave stance came just hours after Australian Trevor Bayliss refused to return to the strife-torn Pakistan as the coach of Sri Lanka. While Bayliss was happy to resume his coaching career in other parts of the subcontinent, Taufel said he still had a love of Pakistan and wouldn't dismiss future postings. The 38-year-old watched his driver take a bullet to the head during the ambush on the way to Gaddafi Stadium, a cowardly attack which killed eight people and was described by Taufel as "international cricket's 9/11". "You can never say never," Taufel said when asked about a Pakistan return. "I've always had a genuine love for Pakistan and it's been one of my favourite places to go. The people are warm and hospitable and I'd never had a bad experience until last week. "It's a hypothetical question. For each tour you have to look at what's best for the athlete and what's best for the family. "From Pakistan's perspective, hopefully cricket can return to that country as soon as it's practically possible. "This problem (terrorism) won't go away, this problem is here to stay. We now have to work out a better way of responding to these risks and managing them. There's no use sticking our heads in the sand." Taufel said he loved cricket too much to retire and wanted to see the game "grow and prosper". He has met officers from the Australian Federal Police and will meet members of the International Cricket Council today to help share information on future risk strategies. As for Bayliss, the Sri Lankan coach said he would be happy to resume coaching Sri Lanka but not tour Pakistan. "I wouldn't have any problems doing another term in Sri Lanka," Bayliss said. "I feel very comfortable in Sri Lanka. I think we've done pretty well over there the past 18 months, but whether I'd go on a tour to Pakistan, I doubt that very much." Asked what it would take for him to return to Pakistan, Bayliss said: "Ten other tours there by other teams. It will take a big decision by whoever goes back there first, that's for sure." Bayliss, like Taufel and fellow umpires Steve Davis and Chris Broad, said security was not as tight as it was on previous trips. http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25167686-5006069,00.html?from=public_rss ------------ didn't see this coming.........

LEADING umpire Simon Taufel has revealed he is prepared to return to Pakistan for future cricket matches, despite nearly getting killed in a bloody terrorist attack last week. Taufel's brave stance came just hours after Australian Trevor Bayliss refused to return to the strife-torn Pakistan as the coach of Sri Lanka. While Bayliss was happy to resume his coaching career in other parts of the subcontinent, Taufel said he still had a love of Pakistan and wouldn't dismiss future postings. The 38-year-old watched his driver take a bullet to the head during the ambush on the way to Gaddafi Stadium, a cowardly attack which killed eight people and was described by Taufel as "international cricket's 9/11". "You can never say never," Taufel said when asked about a Pakistan return. "I've always had a genuine love for Pakistan and it's been one of my favourite places to go. The people are warm and hospitable and I'd never had a bad experience until last week. "It's a hypothetical question. For each tour you have to look at what's best for the athlete and what's best for the family. "From Pakistan's perspective, hopefully cricket can return to that country as soon as it's practically possible. "This problem (terrorism) won't go away, this problem is here to stay. We now have to work out a better way of responding to these risks and managing them. There's no use sticking our heads in the sand." Taufel said he loved cricket too much to retire and wanted to see the game "grow and prosper". He has met officers from the Australian Federal Police and will meet members of the International Cricket Council today to help share information on future risk strategies. As for Bayliss, the Sri Lankan coach said he would be happy to resume coaching Sri Lanka but not tour Pakistan. "I wouldn't have any problems doing another term in Sri Lanka," Bayliss said. "I feel very comfortable in Sri Lanka. I think we've done pretty well over there the past 18 months, but whether I'd go on a tour to Pakistan, I doubt that very much." Asked what it would take for him to return to Pakistan, Bayliss said: "Ten other tours there by other teams. It will take a big decision by whoever goes back there first, that's for sure." Bayliss, like Taufel and fellow umpires Steve Davis and Chris Broad, said security was not as tight as it was on previous trips. http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25167686-5006069,00.html?from=public_rss ------------ didn't see this coming.........
Go ahead Mr. Tuafel --- and while you are it, can you make sure I am the beneficiary of your life insurance! And oh -- we will get rid of a joker of an umpire. Something good will come out !
Go ahead Mr. Tuafel --- and while you are it, can you make sure I am the beneficiary of your life insurance! And oh -- we will get rid of a joker of an umpire. Something good will come out !
hahah....so now you consider the best umpire to be a joker just coz he said this....quite pathetic!!!!!
hahah....so now you consider the best umpire to be a joker just coz he said this....quite pathetic!!!!!
No I dont consider -- Taufel to be the best. Taufel is the BEST amongst the losers that ICC has selected in the elite panel. Dosent make Taufel the best umpire. THat would like asking which Country amongst -- Zimbabwe, Congo, Somalia and Pakistan is safe. Well you will say Zimbabwe -- but -- does that make Zimbabwe safest on earth ? According to you rlogic yes -- according to me NO --you know where I am going :icflove:

ofcourse he would go.. ofcourse other teams would go too PROVIDED YOU GUYS TAKE SOME STEPS TO CORRECT PROBLEMS.. even after a week of the incident, no one got caught.. pcb is busy suing broad .. govt is busy freeing talibans... no one is there to lead.. so get happy with this type of news.. :two_thumbs_up:

LEADING umpire Simon Taufel has revealed he is prepared to return to Pakistan for future cricket matches, despite nearly getting killed in a bloody terrorist attack last week. Taufel's brave stance came just hours after Australian Trevor Bayliss refused to return to the strife-torn Pakistan as the coach of Sri Lanka. While Bayliss was happy to resume his coaching career in other parts of the subcontinent, Taufel said he still had a love of Pakistan and wouldn't dismiss future postings. The 38-year-old watched his driver take a bullet to the head during the ambush on the way to Gaddafi Stadium, a cowardly attack which killed eight people and was described by Taufel as "international cricket's 9/11". "You can never say never," Taufel said when asked about a Pakistan return. "I've always had a genuine love for Pakistan and it's been one of my favourite places to go. The people are warm and hospitable and I'd never had a bad experience until last week. "It's a hypothetical question. For each tour you have to look at what's best for the athlete and what's best for the family. "From Pakistan's perspective, hopefully cricket can return to that country as soon as it's practically possible. "This problem (terrorism) won't go away, this problem is here to stay. We now have to work out a better way of responding to these risks and managing them. There's no use sticking our heads in the sand." Taufel said he loved cricket too much to retire and wanted to see the game "grow and prosper". He has met officers from the Australian Federal Police and will meet members of the International Cricket Council today to help share information on future risk strategies. As for Bayliss, the Sri Lankan coach said he would be happy to resume coaching Sri Lanka but not tour Pakistan. "I wouldn't have any problems doing another term in Sri Lanka," Bayliss said. "I feel very comfortable in Sri Lanka. I think we've done pretty well over there the past 18 months, but whether I'd go on a tour to Pakistan, I doubt that very much." Asked what it would take for him to return to Pakistan, Bayliss said: "Ten other tours there by other teams. It will take a big decision by whoever goes back there first, that's for sure." Bayliss, like Taufel and fellow umpires Steve Davis and Chris Broad, said security was not as tight as it was on previous trips. http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25167686-5006069,00.html?from=public_rss ------------ didn't see this coming.........
he says "You can never say never" "It's a hypothetical question. For each tour you have to look at what's best for the athlete and what's best for the family" and somehow this becomes " I'd go back to Pakistan" :hysterical::hysterical: And Pakistanis loving it as if its a big victory for their "proud" nation; well I saw that coming all the way
Um, he never said he'd go back to Pakistan. Just 'never say never'. ucilite, have you considered learning how to read?
this is how to first line of the article reads: LEADING umpire Simon Taufel has revealed he is prepared to return to Pakistan for future cricket matches, despite nearly getting killed in a bloody terrorist attack last week. so either the author of this article who has drawn this conclusion is an IDIOT or you are. I would obviously go with the LATER.:finger: