Women Cricket World Cup 2009

And when the men win something of note once every blue moon, they celebrate with ridiculous extravagance, even eclipsing the over the top celebrations the Indians are sometimes accused of. In 2005, they scraped through by the skin of their teeth and were lavished with ticker tape parades and MBEs and OBEs On the return series, Australia thumped them 5 - zip and in comparison, their celebrations were almost non existent England are the serial under archivers of the game. The invented the game, spread it to different parts of the world spend millions on pace academies, coaches etc. They even make the freaking rules - the MCC, but at the end of the day, they still suck They invented t20 as a way of making some quick dosh but they suck at that as well, despite t20 being a lottery game. They lost the test series, against India, W.I. etc, lost the ODI series, lost the t20's etc. Despite all this, they are a serious contender in all forms of the game. England are favorites for the ashes. Yea right, and I sold my car for magic beans which will sprout a 1000 meter high bean stalk by tomorrow morning :haha:

Edwards cherishes special victory England captain Charlotte Edwards hails her team's World Cup victory in Sydney as a special day for women's cricket. More... Women's World Cup final North Sydney Oval, 22 March 2009 England have won the Women's World Cup three times England captain Charlotte Edwards hailed her team's World Cup victory as a special day for women's cricket. Edwards admitted she felt jittery as England lost five wickets for 40 runs before beating New Zealand by four wickets with 23 balls remaining. She said: "It's something we have been working towards for four years. "I don't think it will sink in for a while, but this is a special moment and we'll remember this for the rest of our lives. The team have been amazing." England's bowlers had dismissed the Kiwis for 166 and seemed on course for a straightforward win when openers Sarah Taylor and Caroline Atkins guided them to within halfway of the total. But Lucy Doolan epitomised New Zealand's fighting spirit by taking the wickets of Taylor, Atkins and Edwards to spark a mini-slump and finish with figures of 3-23. I've been dreaming about this moment for quite a while Player of the tournament Claire Taylor It was left to player of the match Nicky Shaw, who finished unbeaten on 17 after earlier taking 4-34, and Holly Colvin to steer the team over the finishing line. "We told the girls they had to take their opportunities and Nicky has done that," said Edwards. "We've worked hard for this victory. We were up against a very good New Zealand team who didn't give up. "It's been a fantastic tournament and everyone's played good cricket. I'm just glad to get over the finishing line." England coach Mark Lane said he hoped the "fantastic" victory would spark an upsurge in interest in the women's game. We just wanted to make sure we peaked at the right time "Fortunately things have come to plan and the players have done brilliantly," said Lane. "The whole of the squad have played a massive part in this and we just wanted to make sure we peaked at the right time. "I just want to say thanks to everyone involved in women's cricket." Batter Claire Taylor, who was named player of the tournament, admitted she had suffered a few sleepless nights ahead of the final. "It was nervy at times," said Taylor. "We were all on the edge of our seats. I've been dreaming about this for a while, so to actually have it... no-one's going to take this away from me." Taylor paid tribute to England's pre-tournament preparation, in particular the time some of the squad spent at the Global Cricket School in Bangalore. "We learned some new skills and worked on our fielding and got the chance to face some great spin bowling," said Taylor of their time in India. "Some of our squad have been in Australia over the winter so it's great to get back together again and challenge each other to be the best cricketers we can be." "Our run rate wasn't the problem, it was our consistency and the constant fall of wickets. But the one thing about Kiwis is we never give up, we fight," she said. "We've had a good time, we've had some tough times, but we deserve to be second, England beat us. But we'll be back in four years and we'll give it another go."

England beat New Zealand to win women's World Cup England bowled out New Zealand for 166 in the 48th over before reaching their victory target with 23 balls to spare at North Sydney Oval. More... England beat New Zealand to win Women's World Cup 22 Mar 2009, 1250 hrs IST, REUTERS Print EMail Discuss Share Save Comment Text: SYDNEY: England beat New Zealand by four wickets on Sunday to win the women's ICC World Cup for the third time. England bowled out New Zealand for 166 in the 48th over before reaching their victory target with 23 balls to spare at North Sydney Oval. All-rounder Nicky Shaw, a last-minute replacement for Jenny Gunn, who aggravated a leg injury in the warm-up, was named player of the match. Shaw captured four wickets in New Zealand's innings, then made an unbeaten 17 to guide England to victory after they lost 5-40 in a middle-order batting collapse. England had previously won the women's World Cup in 1973 and 1993, both on home soil. "It's an amazing feeling to be world champions," England captain Charlotte Edwards said. "We told the girls they had to take their opportunities and Nicky has done that today with four wickets and seeing us home. "This is a special moment and we'll remember this for the rest of our lives."

Anjum Chopra Hi Guys Does any one know any details of Anjum Chopra, which club she pays for apart from India. May be her number/ email address or address. I met her in Sydney game on last Saturday but didnt get a chance to ask her for the details. I really think she is very pretty and friendly. Please help I am desperate to get in touch with her. Mad Cricketer Sydney

I was there when India defeated Australia, we had a lot of chit chat in the crowd. Australian ladies didnt like the fact that Indian women were making noise in the crowd and Australia was on the ropes by 40th over. India won with pride so lets rejoice the moment and big cheers for our girls. BTW does anyone know the details of Anjum Chopra, man I had a chat with her at the Banks town Oval as she is a very attractive lady. Please if you have anything email/ number pls send me.