Dravid scores 102 in the practice match in New Zealand

Then why mention stuff like "instead of parroting to default" to irritate the others? to balance the yin-yang of the site?
you keep talking abt "irritate others" - I wonder why. If that statement irritates you, consider this - there are a few who are irritated with the OTT (yes it is that phrase - OTT) magnification of each and every thing that a certain player does, and referrals to him with divine references etc. You know what - the few that are irritated put up with it, and we learn to live with the irritation that they feel when they see such over gloating. And, dont tell me that I'm the only one who feels that things go OTT, others do, maybe only a few, but still they do, and have expressed it in the past. So, dont talk abt this 'irritate others' - it works BOTH WAYS. The content you post may irritate some people too, so as long as you are not abusing - people live with it. We put up and live with it, now you do the same.
Then why mention stuff like "instead of parroting to default" to irritate the others? to balance the yin-yang of the site?
If a guy has been following since the 90s then one can understand why they'd love SRT so much (and have an emotional attachment with him just like some of us have emotional attachment with RD, VVS, VS, AK, SG, etc). But if they have watched cricket only this decade and are not ready to scrutinize SRT but still post crap on a lot of other Indian players then it doesnt make sense.
Would you like to compose music to the song? I'll sing it with my family if you promise to get me the music and the notes. :dance:
I'll try but it will be something really new and not along traditional lines and then you will ask me why I want to scrape music and then i will get heated and then............................. so maybe I will follow Anu Malik's path and just suggest [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW1XQZHUjec]YouTube - FAMILY HINDI SONG - hum kush hue[/ame]
Seriously, stop complaining/whining/whatever it is you're doing because it is absolutely detrimental. Stop it. You'll be a lot happier because people won't bug you, and the rest of the world will be a lot happier because they don't have to listen to constant bickering. Yes I get it. Sachin is praised well above all others. Yes I love Rahul Dravid as a batsman and hold him in the highest of regards. But don't hold him in the same level as Sachin because arguably, he has had to go through a lot less scrutiny and pressure than Sachin has. Dravid didn't come out into the light (i.e. hounded by people) until 2001, when he was well into his 20s. Sachin has been analyzed, criticized, scrutinized since he was 16 years old and never has he once shown that frustration on the field when the umpires wronged him, or in the dressing rooms (or so we hear), or out in public. So yes, he deserves more praise, and gets it. Got it? Now stop complaining. Geez! No matter how many times you complain, I will NOT stop complementing Sachin and will not lower my respect for Dravid. I'm an Indian Cricket Fan and will hold the greatest Indian Cricketer at the highest pedestal. If you've got a problem with that, STOP reading my posts.
Dude - seriously - the ignore list works very well on this site. Use it :)
you keep talking abt "irritate others" - I wonder why. If that statement irritates you, consider this - there are a few who are irritated with the OTT (yes it is that phrase - OTT) magnification of each and every thing that a certain player does, and referrals to him with divine references etc. You know what - the few that are irritated put up with it, and we learn to live with the irritation that they feel when they see such over gloating. And, dont tell me that I'm the only one who feels that things go OTT, others do, maybe only a few, but still they do, and have expressed it in the past. So, dont talk abt this 'irritate others' - it works BOTH WAYS. The content you post may irritate some people too, so as long as you are not abusing - people live with it. We put up and live with it, now you do the same.
And therein lies the difference. We are not praising a player with the sole reason of irritating the people around us, like you did in that post. We genuinely feel that he deserves it. Like you said, the post was "Err, it -was- refreshing to see bunny post that. That pretty much it.", then why did you need to post "instead of just parroting the default." earlier? Was that just you being an attention *****, or was it to irritate the people around?
We are not praising a player with the sole reason of irritating the people around us, like you did in that post. We genuinely feel that he deserves it. ?
No one will object to a player being praised for a good knock or for a good deed. When things go beyond praise to a craziness level, that's when it gets irritating. Again - no one can "prevent" that - so if that is the way you 'praise' - then you are going to do that. But the point I make is - whether you intend or not - it can be irritating to others. And no - I did not intend to irritate anyone. In fact, it is the irritation that I may have felt and learned to contain and suppress that, it may have come out as 'instead of parroting the default'. What I'm saying is - you may unintentionally irritate others, and maybe I did the same. But we learn to look past that, and move on. If two people have very differing point of view on a subject, then it may be irritating, and they cannot get along perfectly, but you just adjust and sometimes there will be shadow boxing - yes, inevitable, but people just look past that. Applies to both.

Fineleg, we had this discussion before too. I'd told you that everything is a democracy and you have free speech (though BossBhai might disagree :D) - but my post was aimed at the additional, "If this had been SRT.. ", etc. I don't mind threads praising Rahul Dravid - in fact, I encourage you to start more. I was one of the few folks who didn't want Rahul criticized the way he was in the past year due to loss of form. I'm a huge fan. But I'm frustrated because you take potshots at people who really do like Sachin a lot for all he's done to Indian cricket, and you've made 11,744 posts - don't you think based on your time spent here, that we realize that it is all "OTT" ? Its what makes this a fan site. I am all up for honest criticism, etc. but I also like the effervescence that the site contains due to emotions running high, etc. It is part of being a fan. If you don't feel that (I'm sure thats what/how you feel when Rahul makes a century or plays a nice shot, etc), then I think you're missing out on being a fan.

No one will object to a player being praised for a good knock or for a good deed. When things go beyond praise to a craziness level, that's when it gets irritating. Again - no one can "prevent" that - so if that is the way you 'praise' - then you are going to do that. But the point I make is - whether you intend or not - it can be irritating to others. And no - I did not intend to irritate anyone. In fact, it is the irritation that I may have felt and learned to contain and suppress that, it may have come out as 'instead of parroting the default'. What I'm saying is - you may unintentionally irritate others, and maybe I did the same. But we learn to look past that, and move on. If two people have very differing point of view on a subject, then it may be irritating, and they cannot get along perfectly, but you just adjust and sometimes there will be shadow boxing - yes, inevitable, but people just look past that. Applies to both.
You havent answered my question.
Like you said, the post was "Err, it -was- refreshing to see bunny post that. That pretty much it.", then why did you need to post "instead of just parroting the default." earlier?
If you're trying to say that you did that unintentionally, then I dont buy that. It's pretty easy to guess that it was done for the sole purpose of riling up the others. Same with the first post of this thead. It was supposed to be a thread about Dravid. You know, if you hadnt started this, I was thinking about starting one myself. But that cheap shot u took at SRT, thats what we're having a problem with. That was just the attention ***** in you. If you're trying to say that this was unintentional, maybe next time you should be warned for trolling, so you can make out the difference better from then on.

holysmoke, FIND where I took a potshot at SRT in my OP of this thread as you claim. I only talked about the occurrence of opening threads whenever SRT does something miniscule. I did not take a shot at SRT. You consider criticism of 'phenomenon (sorry, lack of better word) of excessively praising a player' as wrong. I consider OTT praise as wrong too. I wont prevent you from the latter, even if I consider it as wrong or excessive, and I wont prevent and cant prevent folks from opening gazillion threads on smallest thing that a player does - THAT IS THEIR RIGHT!. And I am entitled to express my opinion. People express their opinion that my thread is negative or wrong or what not. Same way I will express mine on others threads too. Anyway - I've said what I need to say on this topic. You want to have your privilege to express your thoughts on players, on ICF posters, on ICF posts - everything -, but you want to curtail mine or oppose if I do the same thing that YOU do. Thats the difference.

Dude - seriously - the ignore list works very well on this site. Use it :)
Eggjactly I can add a few names for this suggestion holysmokes, shwetabh, marismania.... etc etc folks who keep reminding people that everyone should be positive & praise all and not question anything otherwise its against the spirit of what they believe and everybody else to believe in- SRT, Indian team, Kirket...................................... oh yeah and then they also take these "powerful" measures of deleting posts, moving threads to jokes, creating alternate ids to mock members etc etc I really admire this "Power" and am so impressed with it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Eggjactly I can add a few names for this suggestion holysmokes, shwetabh, marismania.... etc etc folks who keep reminding people that everyone should be positive & praise all and not question anything otherwise its against the spirit of what they believe and everybody else to believe in- SRT, Indian team, Kirket...................................... oh yeah and then they also take these "powerful" measures of deleting posts, moving threads to jokes, creating alternate ids to mock members etc etc I really admire this "Power" and am so impressed with it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Have u used the ignore list? aa gaye mahan aatma apna rupaiiya daalne. Ignore list doesnt work because more often than not you end up reading what you dont want to read because someone or the other has quoted it.

And - holy, I may not have answered your INITIAL question on this thread - maybe that way this thread would not have been that long, but I did not want to keep on seeing 'waiting for answer' and be impolite...I wanted to respond and be polite to you. or maybe I should PM answer to your question in future - so this does not become like a public Q&A - nothing wrong with that, just that some others get upset with those too! (why have this in public etc etc questions will be asked)...In future, I'll try and keep those answers to PM.

Have u used the ignore list? aa gaye mahan aatma apna rupaiiya daalne. Ignore list doesnt work because more often than not you end up reading what you dont want to read because someone or the other has quoted it.
No I have never and willl never use the ignore list The point was directed more towards "if you read a post and don't like it, don't move it just because you can, don't publish a new rule just because you can and don't start telling the poster to "Stop posting" because you don't agree with the views" Get it?? My apologies if I didn't communicate it the right way in the last post- trust me a lot of "high acting" posters on this forum will be very humbled by the intellect & experiences if they really met other posters without the facade of some "power" granted to them.
holysmoke, FIND where I took a potshot at SRT in my OP of this thread as you claim. I only talked about the occurrence of opening threads whenever SRT does something miniscule. I did not take a shot at SRT.
After you answer my previous question.
You consider criticism of excessive praise of player as wrong. I consider OTT praise as wrong too.
You dont get it. The difference here is that when people are praising someone, that is between them and the player. You are in no way involved. You feel it is OTT, when in reality maybe its not. Thats your opinion.(that its OTT) But you consider OTT praise as wrong, well who are you to consider OTT praise as wrong. No-one's praising you is it. What kind of mahatma are you to decide. On the other hand, when you say I consider "criticism of excessive praise of player as wrong", I have a say in the matter because you are critisizing ME(who is apparently praising a player OTT), and I dont feel that it was wrong. You see what I am saying? Nobody has an issue with you opening a thread like this (praising RSD's 100, etc). The problem is when you judge others and open threads with lines like "oh if this was SRT then people would have done this, done that etc. Even when all you wanted to say was that it was refreshing to see bunny's post about RSD being his fav player, you had to snide in a remark about "instead of parroting to default"
And - holy, I may not have answered your INITIAL question on this thread - maybe that way this thread would not have been that long, but I did not want to keep on seeing 'waiting for answer' and be impolite...I wanted to respond and be polite to you. or maybe I should PM answer to your question in future - so this does not become like a public Q&A - nothing wrong with that, just that some others get upset with those too! (why have this in public etc etc questions will be asked)...In future, I'll try and keep those answers to PM.
Fineleg, I must confess I have no idea what you are talking about in this post. Maybe I need to sleep. Talk to you tomorrow!
Ha ha another thread with another one of graphic's "stop complaining" rants why do you even participate in an internet forum if you can't stand others views Kiddo get in a circle with your family and sing " we are a happy family we don't question, we don't discuss we just smile and kiss asses and we unleash vitrol on people who don't agree with our dumb smiling faces" now do this a thousand times and then ask all of them to start posts saying Don't post here if you don't agree with us Happy now??
stopposting.gif