PCB gives clean chit to security provided to Sri Lanka team

Feed

PCB has given a clean chit to the security provided to the visiting Sri Lanka team in a report submitted to the board's chief patron, President Asif Ali Zardari, and the sports ministry. More... PCB gives clean chit to security provided to Sri Lanka team 10 Mar 2009, 1744 hrs IST, PTI KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board has given a clean chit to the security provided to the visiting Sri Lanka team in a report submitted to the board's chief patron, President Asif Ali Zardari, and the sports ministry. Sri Lanka players came under attack from terrorists in Lahore on March 3 in which eight people, including six policemen died and seven players from the visiting team and an assistant coach sustained injuries. The report was sent directly to the President and the sports ministry without waiting for an official word from the government investigating agencies. Sources in the PCB said the report was the board's take on the whole incident. "Basically in the report the board has condemned remarks made by match referee, Chris Broad that the security arrangements for the visiting players and officials were inadequate," one source said. He said the PCB in its report expressed satisfaction with the security provided by local authorities. The report also quoted Test umpire Nadeem Ghouri as saying that had it not been for the bravery of the security personnel who were accompanying the convoy of Sri Lanka players and match officials, more lives would have been lost in the attack.

after this, there is no way Ijaaz Butt can continue as PCB Head.He has become insane. he will be moved. but i hope Terrorist relative Javed Miandad does not come back!
Ijaz butt has proved - so far - that he has every "credentials" to run PCB. He has proved, he can be insane, he can give clean "cheats" to tainted people. I don't think he will be moved.

Whats really funny is Mr Zaid Hamid going on about how RAW did this and how India did that all over Pakistan etc etc, then turns around and says Bajaur's Pakistani Taliban are rapidly expanding to Peshawar and probably even Lahore. Pfft this is the intelligentsia of Pak.

Rajan, I can see you are growing increasingly disillusioned with the affairs of our neighbours, and particularly their refusal to acknowledge responsibility. Didn't I warn you? It was ever thus.
No, i would not mind if they refuse to acknowledge the responsibility, but what annoys me is the fact that they r still blaming RAW for what a home grown terrorist group had done-the Lahore attack! they think they r smart.it is beyond me to even wonder how they can ever expect the world to accept their version!
No' date=' i would not mind if they refuse to acknowledge the responsibility, but what annoys me is the [b']fact that they r still blaming RAW for what a home grown terrorist group had done-the Lahore attack! they think they r smart.it is beyond me to even wonder how they can ever expect the world to accept their version!
Why is that so surprising Rajan? Can you expect any better from chimps graduating from Madrassahs. Friggin Imran Khan of all the people -- now you know why Jemima Khan could not bear this moron. I mean Cambridge educated? It doesnt matter. Do you remember the famous Dilip Kumar diaougue -- 'Gande naali ke keede ho kitna bhi saaf karo -- woh ganda hi rehta hai' Honestly I dont think RAW was involved in this, but if it is ever proved that indeed they did this, I would personally go and pat their backs!
Do you remember the famous Dilip Kumar diaougue -- 'Gande naali ke keede ho kitna bhi saaf karo -- woh ganda hi rehta hai' Honestly I dont think RAW was involved in this, but if it is ever proved that indeed they did this, I would personally go and pat their backs!
Agree with you about Imran. it was shocking. For all his sophisticated outlook, the guy proved his is another third rate power hungry divisive paki politician.