My brain is in the process of getting fried

Was not feeling all too well, so took the day off and I feel by the time I am done with the day I'll be feeling sicker. Cricket, cricket, and more cricket. Watched Australia complete the series win - what a comeback it was and to think that a team being touted as number 1 till a few days back is one the verge of being whitewashed at home. Siddle is a really impressive bowler on these kind of tracks with bounce and cracks - runs in hard, hits the deck hard, gets the ball to move off the pitch when he hits the seam. The delivery to get DeVilliers today would rank as among the very best. South Africa looked completely off color and gave away too many runs in the first innings of both tests in bowling friendly conditions, not that they helped themselves with poor first innings scores in either test. With Hughes scoring, North proving to be a good number 6, Johnson really coming of age, and Hilfenhaus and Siddle bowling with a lot of purpose things seemed to have changed for Australia almost overnight. Credit to the unit to bounce back the way did and the Ashes are looking well within grasp. Within an hour of that match finishing, tuned on to watch some artificial excitement being generated by the commentators for the England-West Indies test which looks to be heading for a draw. Gayle bowled his part timers for the most part of the morning and Pietersen and Prior made merry on a docile pitch. England have inexplicably delayed the declaration, but can't really blame them for trying to be safe on this patta. The entire series has been such a poor advertisement for test cricket. 240 required in 66 overs - will West Indies take a stab at it? That's probably the only way I would stay up and watch this. Hopefully, they do and there is some excitement in the afternoon. Strauss coming in for some serious flak from Botham and Willis. And as soon as this test gets over, India and New Zealand will start their clash at Hamilton - the New Zealand fortress. Without Tendulkar, India start off with a disadvantage but the bench strength of the side has been amazing and it has become a habbit of the side under Dhoni to wrap up ODI series before the last match. Expecting it to be a high scoring run fest and if Sehwag stays for 20-25 overs it is going to be quite a treat to continue watching the disdain with which he is hitting the ball. And by the time all this is over, my brain would have turned into a cabbage from watching 24 hours of cricket and will be a good excuse to take off from work tomorrow as well.:giggle:

I'd lost interest in cricket after McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist, Lara and Langer retired, what with a surfeit of matches like the current WI-England "contest". You can't fill the shoes of giants easily and cricket had become akin to a FA cup QF between Bolton Wanderers and Sheffield United after gorging on a United-Inter slugfest (where's Pred?). The two back to back series between SA and Australia, and particularly dismissals like the one Johnson inflicted on Boucher have just reminded me of how it used to be.

I'd lost interest in cricket after McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist, Lara and Langer retired, what with a surfeit of matches like the current WI-England "contest". You can't fill the shoes of giants easily and cricket had become akin to a FA cup QF between Bolton Wanderers and Sheffield United after gorging on a United-Inter slugfest (where's Pred?). The two back to back series between SA and Australia, and particularly dismissals like the one Johnson inflicted on Boucher have just reminded me of how it used to be.
the current "contest" is livening up as we speak. The first test match was fantastic, and there was another that went right down to the wire. It hasn't been the best series, but hasn't been the worst either. This one will go down to the wire as well. Go Windies!

Exactly the same here shwetabh! To make it worse (or better), I spend the rest of the time in the nets! The good part is though, all the test matches are at convinient times and its our ODIs that I'm missing out on and even thats only partly. The brain isnt feeling all that bad though.