Breaking News: IPL moved out of India

SachDan

Thank God!! Now they can keep the politicians out of it and also there won't be any fear of getting even one incident wrong during the elections. But which country will they go to where the starting time of games can be 4 pm and 8 pm IST? England is the only such country I can think of!

Most of the profits came from television viewer ship anyway BCCI gets the money, the tournament goes in full, the security forces wont be stretched providing security for the elections and the cricket etc In the given circumstances, this is the best possible outcome. What is the time difference between England / S.A. in India ? Most of the matches, last year, were televised in the evening. What would be the time in England / S.A. if matches were still shown in the evening, Indian time The IPL is our trump card. Every time a player whines about the security situation between India and its neighbors, Pakistan and Lanka, we just wave the IPL card. Staging the IPL shows despite the security threats, we are capable of staging International cricket. Its only because of the exceptional circumstance of the elections being held so soon after the Lahore attack that resulted in the tournament being moved There is a large congregation of Indians in England. After missing out last year, they get first hand experience of the event woot woot This is fantastic news

Thank God!! Now they can keep the politicians out of it and also there won't be any fear of getting even one incident wrong during the elections. But which country will they go to where the starting time of games can be 4 pm and 8 pm IST? England is the only such country I can think of!
England and South Africa are pretty much in the same time zone (maybe a one hour difference), so theoretically both can host it according to the above timings but isn't it going to be too damn cold during May in South Africa? And yes, most revenues are from TV rights but having empty stadiums certainly does not help the game.

Big question now. Will they allow Pakis to participate this year ??
hopefully not they can nick off and start their own Pakistan premier league in collaboration with uncle osama and his taliban buddies. They can start playing in the tora bora caves of Afghanistan for all i care

England and South Africa are pretty much in the same time zone (maybe a one hour difference), so theoretically both can host it according to the above timings but isn't it going to be too damn cold during May in South Africa? And yes, most revenues are from TV rights but having empty stadiums certainly does not help the game.
No way. Say for instance if the matches are played in a place like Durban with such large Indian population,we can expect a packed stadium with all these super stars in action. England won't be any different either.

Thats true. In SA it might be in empty stadiums but in England some Indians can come. Or they are too obsessed with just the team India? Wonder how will BCCI manage it though. Last night I read one of the statements of Majola that IPL could not be held in SA.

Im glad its not held here, Phew, i had a feeling they wouldnt keep it this year But England and South Africa, i wouldnt mind, its not like these game wouldnt draw crowds, its more like if the EPL being shifted to Spain or somewhere :) Its a league of International players newayz !!! Dont know much abt the Saffies weather, but doesnt it rain in England like in every 2 hours :giggle:

Im glad its not held here, Phew, i had a feeling they wouldnt keep it this year But England and South Africa, i wouldnt mind, its not like these game wouldnt draw crowds, its more like if the EPL being shifted to Spain or somewhere :) Its a league of International players newayz !!! Dont know much abt the Saffies weather, but doesnt it rain in England like in every 2 hours :giggle:
No, it's not - it's basically an Indian league where 7 out of the 11 have to be from India and even there 2 of them have to be under 19 or something. I can't see England or South Africa generating any major crowds for it.