Guest Hiten.
there was a player by name -Adam Bacher in SA team. he took one of the most amazing catches i had seen off SRT when he was in full flow,in 1996 in SA, with the SA bowlers at his mercy, after scoring a majestic 160+, with around 100 runs of that coming in the company of Azhar in an unbelievable 200+ partnership(Cronje told media after the day's play that he would be able to recall the partnership to his grand children") such was their domination of Donald, McMillan & Co that from around 80-5, these two literally blasted their way to 300 in a thrilling stand which was broken only by a run out! even after that SRT was going great guns when he was the last man out, pulling McMillan to deep square leg for what shud have been a one bounce 4 or 6, but this Adam Bacher guy ran from no where, leaped and took the low flying ball in a single hand, just plucked it out and doused the fire.i dont think he had done anything else worth remembering in his career.i wish he had not done this too.
I think the greatest catch that anyone took off Sachin was our current coach gary kirsten. This happened during our 97 tour (correct me!). Polly bowled a fuller length delivery to tendulkar, off which tendulkar tried to drive him but instead got a huge knick and the ball popped in the air over the gully region where gary dived to his left and was literally parallel (2-3 feet off) to the ground. I may not have justice to this episode but as best I could recollect the dismissal I have portrayed it.
Showhaibh Akhtar would argue that he has been disciplined by his board/captain/match referees/coaches/the ICC many more times than Tendulkar' date=' and that he should be called the most disciplined sportsman ever.[/quote'] :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
Speaking purely as a bowler (without the restrains of jingoistic fervor) i would say the one dismissal that stands out was when Allan Donald bowled him during the first test of India's 1996 tour in the first innings at Durban. Tendulkar had hit two consecutive boundaries before Donald bowled a scorching delivery that cleaned up the little master.
And Donald rates that as his best deliver ever !!
Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world. Which is why I find it amusing when critics suggest that he plays well only at home. Do they realise that they are talking about a guy who has scored centuries in almost all the Test-playing countries? He only played at the start of his career in Pakistan and has not played too much in either Zimbabwe or Bangladesh - the two new entrants in Test cricket, otherwise I have no doubt he would have reached three figures in these countries as well. As far as I am concerned, he is by far the best I have seen or played against. I must admit that I was not entirely convinced that Tendulkar had something special about him when I first heard about him. It was prior to South Africa's return to world cricket that the "Tendulkar buzz" was heard around the county circuit. He played a season for Yorkshire, but did not really get going. However, he did score one century in a Sunday League, the rerun of which I saw on television. There was a lot of Sunil Gavaskar in his style, and he also had the balance that nobody else possessed. But these were glimpses of potential and I did not think he would be consistently good for a long period of time. How wrong I was. Tendulkar got better and better with each passing year and today he is the most frightening batsman as far as bowlers across the world are concerned. Everybody is king at home, and scoring heavily in your backyard has never really impressed me. However, Tendulkar has 16 centuries outside India, which is more than half of all his centuries. Many quality batsmen end up with that many centuries in their entire career, so that number is a clear indication that we are talking about a freak player - someone who is as good and as consistent abroad as he is at home. As a bowler you have to have your gameplan ready before bowling to Tendulkar. Sachin looks to leave a lot of balls in the beginning, and as a bowler your best chance against him is in the first 20 minutes. During our team meetings, we often speak about the importance of the first 12 balls to Tendulkar. If you get him then you can thank your stars, otherwise it could mean that tough times lie ahead. Consistency is the factor that makes Tendulkar special. He is often spoken about in the same breath as Brian Lara, but as far as I am concerned, the comparison does not even begin. Lara is not half as consistent as Tendulkar and lacks the discipline of the latter. The left-hander plays in a more loose manner and is not that controlled or patient during the first 20 minutes of his innings. Lara was unbelievable in 1994, but he has never been able to recreate that magic consistently after that. Which is why I rate my dismissal of Tendulkar at Durban in 1996 as the best ball I've ever bowled in Test cricket. I remember that over very clearly. Tendulkar had just hit me for two boundaries, but I decided to stick to my outside-the-off-stump line. The ball just nipped back sharply and claimed his off-stump. It was a perfect ball and, more importantly, exposed a tiny chink in the army colonel's armour. Since then we have worked on bowling that ball against Tendulkar and have had some degree of success with it. I don't know Tendulkar too well, but one of the main reasons for his success is that he is able to motivate himself all the time. He seems to be constantly assessing his game and setting new goals for himself. There's a certain passion about the game that is unique to him and nothing excites him more than representing his country. At 29, Tendulkar is at the middle of his career and from hereon he can score another 15 to 20 centuries, taking him close to the 50-century mark. He will continue to terrorise bowlers for another six to eight years, and, hopefully, he will be able to keep the motivation going. Great players often decide to retire out of the blue. This is particularly common among those who are family men because they find it increasingly difficult to spend time away from their near and dear ones. I've heard that Tendulkar is deeply attached to his children and might face such a crisis. However, like many admirers all over the world, I certainly hope that he succeeds in keeping his focus on the game for many more years. I think he owes it to the game and to his admirers.
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2002/sep/04inter2.htm
I think the greatest catch that anyone took off Sachin was our current coach gary kirsten. This happened during our 97 tour (correct me!). Polly bowled a fuller length delivery to tendulkar' date=' off which tendulkar tried to drive him but instead got a huge knick and the ball popped in the air over the gully region where gary dived to his left and was literally parallel (2-3 feet off) to the ground. I may not have justice to this episode but as best I could recollect the dismissal I have portrayed it.[/quote'] Yeah..it was during 97 tour. Rhodes also pulled off a stunner at point in the tri-series final when Sachin was going great guns. Same match where Dravid hit that famous six off Donald !
I think the greatest catch that anyone took off Sachin was our current coach gary kirsten. This happened during our 97 tour (correct me!). Polly bowled a fuller length delivery to tendulkar' date=' off which tendulkar tried to drive him but instead got a huge knick and the ball popped in the air over the gully region where gary dived to his left and was literally parallel (2-3 feet off) to the ground. I may not have justice to this episode but as best I could recollect the dismissal I have portrayed it.[/quote'] I watched that live. I think the entire team scored less than a hundred in that innings,our second innings of the test.Ganguly was forced as a make shift opener if i can recall correctly. but on a fast and bouncy pitch, Pollock and Donald were causing havoc.Sachin hit 2 fours and was on 8 when he chased a ball and the ball flew to the left of Gary Kirsten. i thought he was in cover point and not gully because there was a distance of say 12-15 metres from the bat, again i am trying to recollect the shot and catch.Kirsten indeed made a goal keeper dive to catch that. yes, a special catch but after that i switched off the TV and went out to Marina beach.its another matter that sachin came back with the 160+ in the next test..
Yeah..it was during 97 tour. Rhodes also pulled off a stunner at point in the tri-series final when Sachin was going great guns. Same match where Dravid hit that famous six off Donald !
i think it was Rudy Bryson, a fast bowler who caught Sachin in that final. it was a clever placement and smart piece of cricket by Cronje. they out thought SRT. Sachin hit Rudy Bryson for 16 off an over or so. he was on fire, reaching 38 in 22 balls are so. later Cronje took off Bryson, who was arguably as fast as Donald, replaced himself and set up a ball down the leg. Sachin glanced/turned /flicked straight in to Bryson's hands in sort of short fine leg/backward squareleg.. Rhodes was not involved.again i am recalling from memory.sachin was just coming off a brutal 100 off Zimboks in a must win match inside 40 overs. i was expecting him to win this one too and was terribly disappointed because he was out-thought by Cronje when in blazing form.
i think it was Rudy Bryson' date=' a fast bowler who caught Sachin in that final. it was a clever placement and smart piece of cricket by Cronje. they out thought SRT. Sachin hit Rudy Bryson for 16 off an over or so. he was on fire, reaching 38 in 22 balls are so. later Cronje took off Bryson, who was arguably as fast as Donald, replaced himself and set up a ball down the leg. Sachin glanced/turned /flicked straight in to Bryson's hands in sort of short fine leg/backward squareleg.. Rhodes was not involved.again i am recalling from memory.sachin was just coming off a brutal 100 off Zimboks in a must win match inside 40 overs. i was expecting him to win this one too and was terribly disappointed because he was out-thought by Cronje when in blazing form.[/quote'] Rajan, I'm talking about the final match which was abandoned due to rain.

wow i can't believe people actually have response to the OP. :haha: I don't enjoy any dismissal of Sachin but the one I hate the most is the run out when his bat crossed the crease but he collided with rawalpindi truck and his bat was in the air when the bails were off. The time when he got out made me a sad nikred.:((