^^ He was at his best with cut shots even at Hamilton. May be not with the same arrogance of late 90's ! Only shot he's not playing regularly atm is pull..as some posters pointed out may be doing it deliberately.
Those gentle cuts are nothing compared to his old glory days, he even stepped out to the fast bowlers and hit them square of the wicket. All those one-bounce-fours and sixes are history now, only sehwag is capable of those. Speaking of arrogance, sachin treating mcgrath like a club bowler :two_thumbs_up: XVcpV_38JLc
Again grow up! That is the same advice I gave to you when you said Tendulkar has always been a liabilty in the field.
not always, usually... and the emphasis of that discussion was to highlight a need and the subsequent benefit of greater fitness. but lets not confabulate the two, there i spoke of how tendulkar could be a better player, here i am talking about how if in the future he is indeed surpassed in total runs etc, the gleam in our eyes at the thought of tendulkar ought not to dim one bit.
Please tell me one thing. Do you ever' date=' even a slightest bit, think before writing anything. Had'nt it been for sachin against ZIM we would have been out of the WC '03. It is only and mark my words ONLY because of hi we reached the finals. "We almost lost the '03 WC match against Pakistan because he got cramps"- 98 tere uncle ne banaye the kya ??[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Epic epic fail.
Please tell me one thing. Do you ever' date=' even a slightest bit, think before writing anything. Had'nt it been for sachin against ZIM we would have been out of the WC '03. It is only and mark my words ONLY because of hi we reached the finals. "We almost lost the '03 WC match against Pakistan because he got cramps"- 98 tere uncle ne banaye the kya ??[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Again grow up! That is the same advice I gave to you when you said Tendulkar has always been a liabilty in the field.
Leave him.Some body thinks that they are very good at cricket just be watching T.V.If they have played a bit at least in the streets they would not comment nonsense about Sachin.

Listen KT, i know that you have squeezed out a lot of juice from that single cellular brain of yours, but hear this for i dont want to be embroiled in a juvenile debate with a moron: Will Kallis score more runs than Tendulkar? Unlikely but a possibility nonetheless. Will Ponting surpass Tendulkar in tally of total runs scored, very likely. But do either of these two steal any of Tendulkar's glamor? Absolutely not! While they may stand tall on the mountain of their achievements, Tendulkar will forever be remembered as the harbinger of the sport. He is, and probably will be the only asian sportsperson to adorn the cover of the Time magazine. That is a significant achievement since our last candidate for that particular honor was a war time prime minister... Thus, i am not bothered if tendulkar is surpassed, heck i dont even care where the rest of the competition is with respect to him. as long as he can score at an average of 50+ at a decent clip, i.e. a strike rate of 45 or above, he shall forever remain a considerable behemoth of the sport.

Listen KT' date=' i know that y[b']ou have squeezed out a lot of juice from that single cellular brain of yours, but hear this for i dont want to be embroiled in a juvenile debate with a moron: Will Kallis score more runs than Tendulkar? Unlikely but a possibility nonetheless. Will Ponting surpass Tendulkar in tally of total runs scored, very likely. But do either of these two steal any of Tendulkar's glamor? Absolutely not! While they may stand tall on the mountain of their achievements, Tendulkar will forever be remembered as the harbinger of the sport. He is, and probably will be the only asian sportsperson to adorn the cover of the Time magazine. That is a significant achievement since our last candidate for that particular honor was a war time prime minister... Thus, i am not bothered if tendulkar is surpassed, heck i dont even care where the rest of the competition is with respect to him. as long as he can score at an average of 50+ at a decent clip, i.e. a strike rate of 45 or above, he shall forever remain a considerable behemoth of the sport.
What brain ? :confused:

^ I think KT's point is that neither Kallis nor Ponting have a realistic chance of taking over Tendulkar, and I don't really disagree with him. In fact, these are the only two candidates who have an outside chance - with test cricket on the decline all records established in this generation are going to stay forever.

David Leggat: Sachin provides days to savour http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/news/article.cfm?c_id=29&objectid=10562781 When Babe Ruth slammed his record-breaking 60th home run for the New York Yankees in 1927, he celebrated in typically understated style: "60! Count 'em, 60. Let's see if some son of a ***** can match that." It took 34 years before Roger Maris went one better, also for the Yankees. Mark Spitz won seven gold medals in the pool at the Munich Olympics in 1972. No one would match, let alone topple that, right? That belief held good until last year, when Michael Phelps made the Water Cube in Beijing his personal splash pool in winning eight golds, which if you stop and consider for a moment is a stunning achievement in a sport where world records fall these days like autumn leaves. And what about Roger Bannister, whose 3m 59.4s mile at Oxford in 1954 broke a barrier thought impossible? New Zealand's middle-distance legend John Walker retired having slid below the 4m barrier 135 times. The present world mark is 3m 43.13s by Moroccan Hicham El Guerrouj in Rome almost 10 years ago. There is no such thing as a record that's not meant to be broken, and that's the beauty of them: the thought that one day someone will better what's been done, and who will do it, and where and when, and might you be there to witness it. I'll venture one record which won't be overtaken. Hell will freeze over before a batsman retires with a test average superior to Don Bradman's 99.94. Forget fluky numbers bulked up by not outs, or those who aren't around long enough to allow a reasoned assessment of them to be made. Proper test batsmen are what we're talking about. Which brings us to Sachin Tendulkar, who yesterday stroked his 42nd test century. He is five clear of Australian captain Ricky Ponting. After that, in terms of current players who might catch him, forget it. The next best are fellow-Indian Rahul Dravid on 26, Sri Lanka's Mahela Jayawardene on 25 and West Indian Shivnarine Chanderpaul on 21. None will get near Tendulkar. But one day he will be eclipsed. Ponting could do it. Or someone not yet born. Ponting is 34, a year younger than Tendulkar. But although time is running out on Mumbai's most famous citizen, he's still got life left in him, as he amply demonstrated against bowlers largely powerless to stop him doing much as he pleased yesterday. When will Tendulkar retire? Answer: when it suits him. But he'll certainly be around until the 2011 World Cup. That gives him two years at least. Eight more centuries give him 50. He's got 43 in ODIs. A double of 50 in each form of the game has a nice ring to it. It is certainly within his capabilities. He's talked of the desire to play the game being intact, that despite the runs, the adulation, the records, it is the love of playing for his country, and the challenges that brings, which continue to stir him. The three great batsmen of the past 10 years are Tendulkar, Ponting and West Indian Brian Lara. Whom you prefer is a matter of personal choice: Ponting's hard-headed craft, Lara's shot-making brilliance or Tendulkar's technical perfection and style? Bradman reckoned Tendulkar to be the closest thing to himself at the crease. On this tour New Zealand crowds have seen two demonstrations of his capabilities, a sizzling 163 off 133 balls in an ODI in Christchurch and now a superb 160. Days to savour. ----------------- he has missed out Kallis, has 31 hundreds. of course the last hundred took almost an year in the making. but Ponting/ Kallis/G.Smith/ even Jayawardena can break the test hundreds record.But 1 day hundreds aggregate will take some beating.if he can get to 100 international hundreds with Winning 2011 WC, guiding Yuvi/Rohit/Rahane/Vijay/Badri/Pujara /Tewary as a solid replacement for Dravid+SRT+VVS+SCG then his job would be done!

SRT http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cricket/sachin-eyeing-hundred-centuries/2009/03/22/1237656770296.html Sachin eyeing hundred centuries Chris Foley March 23, 2009 HAMILTON, New Zealand: Sachin Tendulkar may not want to talk about it, but the foremost batsman in the world has in sight what once seemed an unachievable record: a century of centuries. The "Little Master", cricket's leading run scorer, already has 85 centuries - 42 in Tests and 43 in one day internationals - more than anyone in both forms of the game, and 15 more for the ultimate 100 is not beyond him. Approaching his 36th birthday, there are not too many years left for Tendulkar, although it's likely he will be around until the 2011 World Cup. Between now and then there is ample opportunity to complete a remarkable record. Tendulkar has scored hundreds in his past two outings on India's tour of New Zealand, with 163 in the one-day series followed by 160 in his only bat in the first Test, which India wrapped up by 10 wickets on Saturday. But he is reluctant to speculate on the opportunities ahead. "I wouldn't want to think about all those things," he said after his magnificent 397 minutes at the crease in the first Test. "I'm a bit superstitious. Let the others count the 100s and let me go and bat." Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has nothing but admiration for his teammate. "You can't get better than that, that's for sure," he said."It's a pleasure to see him bat. Whenever he scores those big hundreds, you can't see anything better than the way he plays those innings." Tendulkar debuted on the international stage as a baby-faced 16-year-old selected to play Pakistan in 1989. His maiden Test century came in a match-saving innings the following year against England at Old Trafford, and he has continued on to be widely regarded as the most complete batsman of his time. He was the only player of his generation to be included in the dream team of Sir Donald Bradman. As for where the future 100s will come, Tendulkar has no preference."Home conditions, one is supposed to know them better than foreign conditions but eventually, after being around for a while, I know exactly when to pace myself and when to back off," he said. If Tendulkar does not reach the milestone, it may be a long time before someone does. His nearest challenger is Australian captain Ricky Ponting, a distant second with 63 hundreds.

85 and 63 and yet there are "experts" who consider the latter one to be better and once upon a time there was a lady expert who called the 85wala just an average player. And a lot of people will say he hasn't eclipsed his peers like DGB did.