The difference between Tendulkar and others

DomainK

Pretty much. Yeah.
Cricinfo need not post each and every pic. For example, Ishant could have practiced at a different time. You know very well that had cricinfo posted Ishant practicing bowling, and SRT going to dinner or shopping, then if anyone draws the conclusion that SRT is goofing and Ishant is working hard - you would have countered that argument. Wouldn't you? Point is these are random pics - no conclusions can be drawn from that.
Cricinfo need not post each and every pic. For example, Ishant could have practiced at a different time. You know very well that had cricinfo posted Ishant practicing bowling, and SRT going to dinner or shopping, then if anyone draws the conclusion that SRT is goofing and Ishant is working hard - you would have countered that argument. Wouldn't you?
If ifs and buts were pots and pans, there would be no tinkers!
Cricinfo need not post each and every pic. For example, Ishant could have practiced at a different time. You know very well that had cricinfo posted Ishant practicing bowling, and SRT going to dinner or shopping, then if anyone draws the conclusion that SRT is goofing and Ishant is working hard - you would have countered that argument. Wouldn't you?
No
Point is these are random pics - no conclusions can be drawn from that.
It was a thread that was half jovial and half serious to admire how much he respects the game and loves it to practice so much even after 20 years, and being under scrutiny by noobs such as yourself.
It was a thread that was half jovial and half serious to admire how much he respects the game and loves it to practice so much even after 20 years' date=' and being under scrutiny by noobs such as yourself.[/quote'] What's half jovial about it? Optional practice sessions, firstly. Secondly, the man is in BRILLIANT form, coming off two amazing hundreds in the last few weeks and two man of the match performances. If anyone could be excused from an optional practice session, it's the oldest member of the team who's also in immensely great form and piling up runs relentlessly. Yet he's there, while others aren't. But then again this is a guy who asked the BCCI to tweak domestic schedules so he could go and play Ranji cricket for Bombay against HIMACHAL PRADESH. Not even a top team, but a team just pushed up from the Plate League. Tendulkar, straight off the backs of two big test series, asking for a way to play for his state and alongside his old teammates like Jaffer and Amol, against Himachal Pradesh. That's dedication and commitment. And that's why Tendulkar is so far ahead of his contemporaries (I refuse to call them peers - the man is peerless.) If people can't understand that, then **** em.
Guest Hiten.

What's your point Salil ? RSD 'fought his way back into the test team' by performing in Ranji trophy. Moreover he walked into the NZ domestic team (based on his genius) and managed to score a 100 in the warm up game. Lastly, he even played for scottland when the rest of the indian team were enjoying their break. Commitment ? :yay:

What's half jovial about it? Optional practice sessions, firstly. Secondly, the man is in BRILLIANT form, coming off two amazing hundreds in the last few weeks and two man of the match performances. If anyone could be excused from an optional practice session, it's the oldest member of the team who's also in immensely great form and piling up runs relentlessly. Yet he's there, while others aren't. But then again this is a guy who asked the BCCI to tweak domestic schedules so he could go and play Ranji cricket for Bombay against HIMACHAL PRADESH. Not even a top team, but a team just pushed up from the Plate League. Tendulkar, straight off the backs of two big test series, asking for a way to play for his state and alongside his old teammates like Jaffer and Amol, against Himachal Pradesh. That's dedication and commitment. And that's why Tendulkar is so far ahead of his contemporaries (I refuse to call them peers - the man is peerless.) If people can't understand that, then **** em.
Sure, I agree. But, in this case, a thread is made for admiring Sachin, and then we get to hear whining because we're putting down others to praise him. I was actually thinking how exciting it is for guys like Ishant, who's on his first tour to see New Zealand, etc. - so it is natural that he use a break day to go shopping or sightseeing, while this is Sachin 6th or 7th tour, so he's probably seen it all, and is practicing. But NO, I'm not even allowed to give this explanation because I'm still giving Sachin unwarranted praise and admiration. *Sigh*
What's your point Salil ? RSD 'fought his way back into the test team' by performing in Ranji trophy. Moreover he walked into the NZ domestic team (based on his genius) and managed to score a 100 in the warm up game. Lastly' date=' he even played for scottland when the rest of the indian team were enjoying their break. Commitment ? :yay:[/quote'] No mate. RD's commitment shouldn't be questioned because Sachin's is being put down. A humble and committed man, if there ever was one. I admire both Sachin and Rahul and don't feel jealous when Dravid is being praised. He's a legend of Indian cricket.
What's half jovial about it? Optional practice sessions, firstly. Secondly, the man is in BRILLIANT form, coming off two amazing hundreds in the last few weeks and two man of the match performances. If anyone could be excused from an optional practice session, it's the oldest member of the team who's also in immensely great form and piling up runs relentlessly. Yet he's there, while others aren't.
And how do we know that? by looking at cricInfo pictures? I thought the thread was a bait for non-believers. I didn;t know, we believe that nobody else trained while SRT was burning the mid-night oil.

Hmm difference between Tendulkar and the rest - Ill tell you. In a small dusty non descript town in Ahmadnagar district in Maharashtra a chaiwala perks up and questions intriguely what 'Tendlya's' score is in between mixing chai the old fashioned way. His eyes light up like it were his own son were playing. This is the scene across India. Thats the difference between Tendlya and the rest.