Over rated world 11

Kallis and overrated? He is never mentioned among the greats of the generation off the roll of the tongue. His batting record itself is comparable to the best of the generation and would easily be in the top 10 batsmen of the last 20 years. Add to that 250+ wickets at 30 and 150 catches' date=' being one of the best slip fielders around and I can't see how he is overrated.[/quote'] That was why I said he is over rated, he has the numbers but those numbers have been painfully put together and I cannot pick many of his innings that can be called great. In terms of numbers he is as good as Tendulkar, Lara, Steve Waugh, Border and the likes but definitely does not deserve to be spoken in the same breath as the rest I mentioned.
That was why I said he is over rated' date=' he has the numbers but those numbers have been painfully put together and I cannot pick many of his innings that can be called great. In terms of numbers he is as good as Tendulkar, Lara, Steve Waugh, Border and the likes but definitely does not deserve to be spoken in the same breath as the rest I mentioned.[/quote'] But he is not mentioned and spoken in the same breath as the above, is he? No decent article or commentary team I have read or listened to mentions him in the same bracket as a Lara or Tendulkar, rightly so mind you. But given his additional utility as a bowler and superb slip fielder I think he deserves more accolades than he actually gets.
In terms of numbers he is as good as Tendulkar' date=' Lara, Steve Waugh, Border and the likes but definitely does not deserve to be spoken in the same breath as the rest I mentioned.[/quote'] Nobody's ever put him in that bracket. At best, he's been compared to Dravid. Certainly not rated, and I agree with Punter that he's more a candidate for the under-rated side. Meanwhile, is there room for Michael Vaughan on the list?
Those players some young and starting out or established players who aint that great really but are bigged up by media or others etc as brillinat etc when really they are not. Please note Afridi will not be included as only paks rate him. 1. Jacques- Hailed by some delusional aussies as best batsman in the world based on 2 tests. Will get cruelly exposed in up coming years 2. Cook- Pants but english think he is the man. Painful to watch 3. Vaughan- Had 1 good year and on that basis was made captain and stayed in side for ages due to over hype. Still being talked about for comeback despite not making any runs. 4. Ponting- Mediocre for last 3 years but still hailed mysteriously by some as best bat in world. 5. Kaif- Some loonies demand his inclusion in India side. Kaif for Dravid, NO THANKS 6. Boucher- Mediocre record but hailed by some as a great. never really kept to any spinners so glovewrok is still in doubt 7. Haddin- Awful glovework and hit/miss bat. In matt prior league but seems to be rated by many 8. Pathan- Crapthan even bigged up as quick by some at one point. He is crapthan 9. Broad-will never be that good but hyped beyond belief, mediocre bowler 10. Jones- Last played 90 years ago but still hailed as a saviour for ashes, had one good series! 11. Siddle- Average as India showed. Auusie comms bigging him up though
Put a cheaters XI, Ricky will head the list. And for the back stabbers list will be headed by RD.