New Zealand vs. India, 3rd test at Basin Reserve: Buildup

Feed

Please no Dinesh Karthik for Test-3 :omg: Dravid, Laxman, Murali Vijay (incl. as additional batsman in place of KKD) can take turns keeping! :eyedance: But, no KKD - he just drops catches anyway and cannot bat also! Even Parthiv Patel (gasp) or someone else should be flown in as keeper from India! Say no to KKD!
take turns keeping??? yeh kya drama hai
Please no Dinesh Karthik for Test-3 :omg: Dravid, Laxman, Murali Vijay (incl. as additional batsman in place of KKD) can take turns keeping! :eyedance: But, no KKD - he just drops catches anyway and cannot bat also! Even Parthiv Patel (gasp) or someone else should be flown in as keeper from India! Say no to KKD!
Breaking news. Uthappa being flown in :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Southee, Flynn called into Black Caps; How remains as cover New Zealand have included bowler Tim Southee in a 13-strong squad named today for the third and final cricket test against India beginning at Wellington's Basin Reserve on Friday. Top order batsman Daniel Flynn, recovering well... More... Cricket: Southee, Flynn called into Black Caps 10:25AM Tuesday Mar 31, 2009 New Zealand have included bowler Tim Southee in a 13-strong squad named today for the third and final cricket test against India beginning at Wellington's Basin Reserve on Friday. Top order batsman Daniel Flynn, recovering well from a bruised left hand after being struck by a ball in the first test at Hamilton, has also been included in the squad. Selection panel head Glenn Turner said today Flynn, who sat out the second test at Napier which ended in a draw yesterday, was expected to be fit to play but this would be confirmed before the test. "In the interim, Jamie How will remain with the squad as cover." Southee, who last faced India in the third one-dayer at Christchurch when he recorded figures of 0-105 off 10 overs, had been brought back into the squad after good performances in recent State Championship games, including a five-wicket bag against Canterbury, Turner said. "Tim's inclusion gives us additional options with the new ball, and strengthens the attack against this strong Indian batting lineup." Fellow Northern Districts bowler Brent Arnel had not been able to prove his fitness and was not considered for selection. All rounder Jacob Oram was also not considered as he continues to recover from injury. India lead the test series 1-0 after their 10-wicket win in the first test. Black Caps squad Daniel Vettori (captain), Daniel Flynn, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Tim McIntosh, Chris Martin, Kyle Mills, Iain O'Brien, Jeetan Patel, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor

Tired Kiwi attack rest up for third test While New Zealand's form batsmen had every right to feel good about themselves after the second cricket test stalemate with India, the bowlers could be forgiven for eyeing the series finale warily.New Zealand's attempt to make... More...

Vettori wants an equal opportunity Give Dan Vettori a traditional Basin Reserve pitch for the deciding third test against India this week and he'll be a happy skipper. The McLean Park strip for the second test, which was drawn yesterday, was outstanding for batting... More...

Good riddance. I had poor opinion about Harper when he adjudged SRT shoulder before as well as other instances in not adjudging Aussie batsmen LBW even when they were plumb in front. but of late, after he became a fulff fledged elite umpire, he is ok. but Doctrove is incompetent.Harper is better than him.

Cricket: Spin twins would defy history at the Basin New Zealand will think long and hard about playing two spinners in the deciding third test against India in Wellington this week. Then, if they peruse their history books - or these days google "Basin Reserve tests" - they will... More...

Good riddance. I had poor opinion about Harper when he adjudged SRT shoulder before as well as other instances in not adjudging Aussie batsmen LBW even when they were plumb in front. but of late, after he became a fulff fledged elite umpire, he is ok. but Doctrove is incompetent.Harper is better than him.
I'm not quite so sure. He messed up so many decisions in the SA vs. Australia series (or was it the WI vs. England series?) .. it was ridiculous.

Finey... There is no point in playing two Spinners on that wicket.... I bet that they wont play JPatel. I think they will go for Martin, Franklin, O'brien, Southee/Mills With Vettori. Besides they have Jessy Ryder as slow medium option. To me NZ bowling looks very good. For us, I would say just play Bhajji Zaheer (Had some wkts here in the past. So he knows the ground) ISharma (He should definitely get arround 6-7 wkts. Bala (We need some support from him. I think we should be fine. From the record what you notices is that you need fairly good opening bowlers as so far not many opening and 1 down players have scored runs on this ground. So if we manage to get their middle order out quickly then we have big change to win. As for batting, we have GG/RD/SRT and VVS all capable of playing steady for intial few overs. The team who bats out first 40 overs w/o losing many wkts will have upper hand.

The team who bats out first 40 overs w/o losing many wkts will have upper hand.
I agree. Sehwag and GG should bat cautiously in the first session of Test (or whichever is their first session when they bat). Dial - that lineup for NZ you listed is quite good - with Basin Reserve pitch helping pacers, that will be a pretty good bowling lineup for NZ ( Martin, Franklin, O'brien, Southee + Vettori + Ryder)