Flat pitch at BCCI's request, not a chance

King

I didn't get to see the match today...how did the pitch play? Is there going to be anything in it for our bowlers tomorrow? Swing' date=' seam, bounce? Someone fill me in please...thanks.[/quote'] It's a very good pitch. There was bounce and carry throughout the day and due to the ground being fairly open the ball was swinging pretty much the entire day. I would have said 300-325 was the par score on the track. If the Indian bowlers can keep it full on a consistent basis I don't see NZ scoring more than 275 here. Surprisingly, there were some footmarks being formed by the end of the day for NZ bowlers which I found to be unusual for a 1st day track in NZ.
It's a very good pitch. There was bounce and carry throughout the day and due to the ground being fairly open the ball was swinging pretty much the entire day. I would have said 300-325 was the par score on the track. If the Indian bowlers can keep it full on a consistent basis I don't see NZ scoring more than 275 here. Surprisingly, there were some footmarks being formed by the end of the day for NZ bowlers which I found to be unusual for a 1st day track in NZ.
Swing! Zaheer must be licking his chops! Ishant can exploit the bounce nicely...get it to rear up on them... Footmarks forming too...looking good for India. Thanks Shwetabh! Hope our boys knock up the score with some lusty blows to 400 and then knock them over tomorrow.

Breaking News: The 'crack' investigation team headed by Jeremey Coney and Mark Richardson has found that Sony TV group has influenced the NC CA to prepare flat pitches. Coney's team dug out an SMS from the then Sony India's CEO sent to NZ CA Chief with the following content-"prepare grassy, bouncy pitches @ your peril.ur batting sucks, Indian batsmen cn handle ur bowlers on any surface even in moon.v hv paid for 15 days of test cricket.if ur team will make 4 days tests if the pitch is grassy.v cant lose revenue due 2 ur incompetent batsmen.gv them a better opportunity by preparing true pitches. otherwise for next indian tour there, we would quote TV rights on per day basis only" . Coney lamented that after BCCI and Modi, now Cricket Associations worldwide have to be afraid of even TV companies.he blamed it on the large indian TV audience and appealed to the inept ICC to bring on a legislation restricting the number of Cricket fans and TV audience to that of NZ to ensure fair play. =====================